Friday, February 27, 2009

It has been 11 months since I started this blog. My very first post can be found here.

There have been many highs and just as many lows. Richard getting re diagnosed and it being Stage 4 this time. Doing all those terrible painful treatments with no results except that the cancer keeps growing. The surprise of going to Disney World. Puberty with the boys. Too funny. Jacob having Shingles. Becoming a Mommy Blabber. Celebrating 8 years of wedded bliss.

I would say the past 11 months have been a roller coaster through the hills and valley's that is life.

I never thought in a million years that I would stick with this for very long. Didn't think I had much worth writing. Ha! go figure.But slowly people started coming by this here place of mine. Leaving comments. Boy oh boy did I feel special when I would have just one lonely comment. Now people come from all over to read, comment and email me to let me know that they care and are praying for our family. Truly humbling.

This blog is my outlet where I can come and just get it all out. Sometimes it's raw and painful. Lord knows many a night I have sat on my couch with the laptop and wrote on this blog and cried until I could no longer see through the tears. Afterwards I always have a long talk with God. It's like free therapy.

Another thing I never would have guessed would be the remarkable friendships I have made, the people I have met and the outpouring of love, prayers and generosity to our family. It has truly rocked my world.

My Special Angels with their unbelievable gift of our upcoming Disney trip. I am still in awe.

Now Shelley with her fundraiser for us. Remarkable!

How does one say thank you? Those words feel so inadequate for the way Richard and I feel. Our lives will never be the same because of these remarkable blessings that have been bestowed upon us by all of you. We are beyond grateful for everything.

You have given us the greatest gift of all for the memories that you have allowed us to make. The boys and I will cherish these all the days of our lives.


Much love & may God bless you all abundantly!

14 comments:

angi_b72 said...

God Bless you adn your family Kori!! You certianly deserve it!! I hope you guys have a fabulous time...and don't forget we want to see so many picutures!!!

Brandy said...

I'm blessed to know you. Now go get ready for your trip!

Rebecca Jo said...

Isn't it amazing how therapeutic it is to blog & vent & to have others who you'll probably never meet give encouragement... Continue on Blog buddy!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are blessed and deserving!

Shelley said...

I love ya' girl and can't wait to meet in real life some time!

Melissa said...

So glad we met. You are a gift from God, Kori. Everyone who you come in contact with (except one stupid, anonymous nerd) has seen that. I am so excited that not only will we spend eternity together praising our Deliverer, but we may also get to meet IRL....:) You're a precious blessing Mrs. McRichard.....:) (I'm sure anyone who really wants to know your last name can figure it out.) I think you may have even posted that before. I'm such a dork. But you're a nerd....I love you.

Linda said...

I, for one, am so glad I found your blog. You've been such a blessing and inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

Kori ~ I so wish we lived closer so that we could meet and be friends in real life. Although I feel like we're friends now! Go have a great time in Disney and tell us all about it! Let us see pics too!

Hugz girlfriend!
Michele

FlipFlop Mom said...

YOU bless us ( me ) more than you know!!! You always bring a smile to my face.... You are brave .. strong.. and wonderful!!! and I'm so glad that you do blog... you have been an inspiration to me.. and I know I'm not alone....

HUGS to you GIRL!! and
14 MORE DAYS!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Mere said...

I'm so grateful for YOU! I really am! Go get ready for Disney! I'm so excited for you!!

Love, Mere

Oma aka Meme said...

praying for you and yours- sigh- I hate cancer-
I just wanted you to know that I care- and thank-you for sharing you and yours with us too-
hugs from meme

Lisa said...

Just enjoy your time together! May God continue to bless.

Lisa Q

Megan said...

You so deserve it all, Kori! You are truly blessed even in these times of "unknown". I can't wait to hear how your DW vacation was!

Marrdy said...

I have to confess I am bummed!! I got paid today and rushed right over to add my donation to your fundraiser and it's over!! SOB.