Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I've got some Pretty Special Angels.

As I sit here 20 minutes after receiving the most amazing phone call, tears still continue to fall freely from my eyes.

20 minutes ago I was on the phone with my MIL and we were talking about this and that. And she was asking what we were going to do about Christmas for the boys since things have been so tight. I was telling her how I had gotten a couple of things and how they mainly need clothes and not really anymore toys. But that after the first of the year with our Income Tax money we were going to take some of that and go to Disney World. Because that is something the boys have really wanted to do and Richard wants to be here to do it with them. To experience the Magic of all that is Disney.

At. This. Exact. Moment. My phone beeped. I kid you not.

The friendliest, sweetest voice I have ever heard was on the other end.

She proceeded to tell me that we have some VERY SPECIAL ANGELS that love us and are inspired by our faith, strength and our hope. And that these special angels have paid for us to take the trip of our dreams to go see Mickey for 7 days and 6 nights. An entire week. I was hysterically crying. Richard kept peeking around the corner in the kitchen to make sure I was ok. I couldn't speak all I could get out was. "Please just give me a second. I just need a second" She was crying with me. She went on to tell me that everything is included special hotel accommodations for Richard as well as a wheelchair or scooter if he needs it when he gets tired and winded from walking to far. Also extra money for gas, food, photos and souvenirs for the boys.

I am shaking still and in shock.

After the phone call I went into the kitchen where the Hubs was and I called the boys in there so I could tell them all at the same time. Richard started crying. Jacob was crying, Calob was screaming. We had a very long group hug. Richard said God always has a blessing and Jacob said Merry Christmas Mom.

So as of right now the date we will be leaving will be my Birthday and we will be coming home the weekend before Calob's Birthday. I couldn't think of any other way that could possibly be more special than this to celebrate our Birthday's.

I don't wish on stars, or make wishes with Dandelions.

However I do Pray, God hears and sends Special Angels.

I don't know who you are. But I hope you know that my family will be eternally grateful and we will always remember you and we love you for making our wish come true.

God Bless!

102 comments:

Caroline said...

WOW! Praise God for He is good. That is so stinkin' awesome. I hope you and the fam have a glorious time with Mickey and the gang.

(now I'm humming...M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E)

Shelley said...

The Jesus bumps are standing up on my arms and will not go away. I that Richard and the boys get some really good bonding time in the Magic Kingdom. God is good, all the time.

Heather said...

Told ya Gabe was loud, didn't I?

Oh, the prayers of children. God has a special inside line just for them, I swear it. I'm sure your boys have been burning up the minutes on that line as well.

How wonderful for you!

So, when is your birthday? When are you leaving? You must share many pictures with us bloggy folks!

Wep said...

OMG that is INCREDIBLE :D Take MILLIONS of pictures....MILLIONS :) And eat the Mickey ice cream pops, they are the best.

Tiffany said...

How amazing.

Have the best time EVER.

Take tons of pictures and relish every minute with your 3 guys.

We are going in mid February....leave me a little note somewhere!

angi_b72 said...

Now you have me crying!! That is just awesome Kori!! I can't find any other word to explain it!!! God bless you and yours!!!

Louisa Claire said...

How wonderful! It's wonderful when God spurs people on to bless others. Praise Him & may your kind angels be blessed also.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

What an amazing blessing. Amazing. And wonderful. And didn't you tweet today about needing a miracle?

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh girl I'm crying with ya!! How absolutly, utterly amazing!!!
I will say a special prayer for your angel tonight for making your family's dreams come true!!!!!!!

Lori said...

okay,sobbed as i read your post. incredible.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, I am so happy for you! I had wanted to send you a big box of something, but with the 3 babies coming. . .well, you know. I'm so happy somebody could help! Do you even know who the woman was who called? Is it through some organization?

Tracy said...

WOW, this is the best news. I'm so happy for y'all girl!!!!!!!!!!
WooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Love ya
Tracy

Finding Normal said...

That? Is amazing! God sends us what we need, when we need it, in His own special way. I know that firsthand.
I cannot wait to hear all about your trip!!!

Michelle said...

That is so totally AWESOME!! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!!!

I'm so happy for you guys!!! What a wonderful thing for someone to do....and what a special family to receive this gift!

Angela said...

I am SO thrilled to hear this and so excited for you guys. And yes, we do serve an AWESOME God, who is able to do beyond all that we could ask or even imagine. His blessings are always right on time. Love and blessings in Christ to you and your family!

When you go to Disney, be sure to eat a bunch of the Mickey ice cream bars with the chocolate ears. Since I was 4 years old those have been my favorite!!

Laura said...

I'm crying, too! I need a group hug!!

Smoochiefrog said...

I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. That is just so awesome!

God is so good!

Shannon said...

Tears. Still running down my big ol' cheeks.

God is so good. The things He does are just AWESOME.

I hope you, Richard and the boys have a fabulous time! Take lots of pics! I can't wait to hear all about it! WOO HOO!!!

Tam said...

First OFF KORI....YOU FORGOT THE TISSUE WARNING! Second....What an amazing Miracle! It inspires me this Christams Season that Miracles DO happen. Again...please next time....tissue warning...NOW I have to get all these tears off my keyboard!!

BBB said...

Um... everyone else has covered the mushy stuff so i'll just go with...

Can I hide in your suitcase?

Lula! said...

I gasped outloud while reading this and then bawled. I am still crying, Kori.

And tonight you were all, "I will be stressed until the new year..."

I prayed for you. I prayed for you immediately after we hung up.

God is GOOD! And y'all are BLESSED.

See? I knew you'd have a GREAT day today. Girl...this makes me soooooooooooooooo happy!
I love you!

Katy said...

You deserved this so much, you are an amazing women and obvisouly inspires everyone around you. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it!

Heather said...

God is so good!!! You will have so much fun. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I acutally saw your twitter message and I was like oh my goodness what is going on! I knew you had blogged about it!! I am so happy for you!

He works wonders through others doesn't He?

To Kori's special angels: Thank you for giving such a deserving family such a WONDERFUL memory to share! You have made my very heavy heart light tonight with the happiness you brought to others!

Kori- I just love ya :) I seriously can not think of anyone else in the entire world who deserves that more than you!!

Linda said...

You've got me sobbing all over the computer! This is so awesome! I'm so happy for all of you ... GOD IS GOOD ... and I'm saying prayers of thanks for your special angels.

Susie said...

What a fabulous gift! I have tears just thinking of the memories you will have!

Alicia said...

Through my tears right now I can't stop thinking, "It's just right" that your family has been given this amazing gift. It's just right.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

No making me cry while I'm at work!!!
Wow, I am tears, chills, and I'm grinning!! I am so, so happy for you all. What a wonderful person to do that for you. I hope you have a fantastic time!

Kristin said...

Kori: what an awesome blessing! God is so good! I pray that you will have a fantastic time with your boys!

Brandy said...

It's 7AM and I'm crying with you! Thank goodness I haven't got my makeup on yet.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving person. I hope you and your family have a great time and bless your special angels!

Becky W said...

Crying with you and goosebumps GALORE!!! God provides! So happy about your news and can't wait to see pics!

Unknown said...

Holy crap that is an amazing story and couldn't happen to more amazing people!!! You guys deserve it!!! Enjoy it. Take lots of photos, we all wanna see this special angel trip.

jewelstreet said...

Oh, how utterly fantastic, Kori! I'm so excited for you and the boys, and Richard! You are going to have the best time. Make sure you take lots of pics.

Angels come in so many shapes and forms. I have goosebumps right now especially as this goes right along with my post for today.

Heather said...

Okay, I already commented on this post yesterday, but I'm back to tell you I awarded you on my post today. And after reading all the comments on here, I am tearing up again.

Darn, where are those tissues?!

Valerie said...

That is amazing!!!!!!! God is so good, and I can't think of a more deserving family to receive such a wonderful blessing. I am sooooooo happy for you.

Valerie said...

That is amazing!!!!!!! God is so good, and I can't think of a more deserving family to receive such a wonderful blessing. I am sooooooo happy for you.

KimmyJ said...

Crying off all my mascara at work this morning!! I am so happy and proud for y'all! God has amazing timing, doesn't HE!! Praise and Glory to the King of Kings. This is the best Christmas news we could have gotten!!

Debbie said...

Oh sweet Kori...I have been under the weather for the last week and totally out of the loop on things, but what a great way to start my day by opening your blog and reading this first thing. It just brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps everywhere...What an encouragement you are to me.

God is so good...ALL the TIME..but you knew that...You are an amazing witness and God is using you and your family in mighty ways. You deserve this trip of a lifetime in so many ways...and not many people can say they have "Special Angels" like you do...What an amazing amazing blessing for you and your family. Enjoy, savor, and love every minute. You deserve it. XOXOOXOXOXOO

Kimberlee said...

Oh yeah so its going to be a week of mickey nouse for you and a week with maxamillion for me!! Who could go wrong with that!! As long as milo doesnt get in the house again and I have treats galore!! I got the house to myself!!! Yep this is the life!! lol!!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! My sister and I call that a God is so good moment! God Bless you!

Aubrey said...

Ok, first off Tissue Warning!! LOL
Yours is the very first blog I visited this morning AND let me tell ya, tears are falling on my keyboard. Amen Kori! What wonderful news! I can't wait to hear about it all!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Isn't God amazing? And of course the wonderful people who made this happen. I am so happy for you! Go make some beautiful memories.

Elena said...

Sheesh, talk about tears today. First Kat's lovely post about her dad and then this. So absolutely wonderful. Our Heavenly Father hears our prayers.

This Mom said...

Stopping by vis the Shannon's Nut house.

What a wonderful story. I love hearing about answered prayer.

Have FUN

LarryG said...

This is an awesome thing!
Way to go Kori, Richard and boys!

Betty said...

I got goose bumps reading this. I am so happy for you! You deserve it so much and I hope you have such a great time together! When is your birthday?

Kelly said...

I think you get the "TEAR INSPIRING" blog award for today. What an incredible Christmas surprise.
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

THAT is AWESOME! I hope you guys have the most amazing family vacation EVER!

Star Forbis said...

Wow, Congratulations! I'm crying just reading it. GOD IS SO GOOD! You guys deserve this. I hope it's everything your boys could ever imagine, and then some.

Jen said...

I am so happy for you! I hope that you have an amazing time and enjoy every single second! God provides when you need it most.

Kelli said...

what a wonderful gift. Hugs and many happy moments on your trip.

Frizzy said...

Talk about a Christmas miracle! I love hearing wonderful stories like this. Have a great time! I am soooo happy for you all.

Britt said...

How cool is THAT! Our Father is really something special, huh?

Now, I expect to see a group shot of all of you in Mickey ears, got it? ;-)

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ I'm crying too...that is just wonderful. You will have such a great time and I'm sure the boys will be jumping for joy for a long time!

God sends his angels to heal our hurts.

Hugz,
Michele

Melissa said...

God's provision is completley amazing. I am so happy for you and Richard and the boys.

Have an amazing time!!! When's your birthday? You must stop and see me while you're in FL!

I love you, Kori. Praise God from Whom all blessing flow.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I've got goose bumps and I'm totally tearing up! People have such amazing generosity in them. I love to hear stories like these. You guys will have a SPECTACULAR time as a family!!!

Rhonda said...

Holy. Crap.

That is amazing! I'm so happy for your family!

I'm off to have a good cry now...

Kori said...

Oh, Kori, you and your family have been in my prayers so much, and so often, and I have been too selfishly invovled in my own life to be around much-this is the BEST, most wonderful news I have heard in so long, and you cannot imagine how happy I am for ALL of you. And for those angels, I wasnt to say thank you on Kori's family's behalf-this could not have happened to more deserving, loving people.

Kori said...

Oh, Kori, you and your family have been in my prayers so much, and so often, and I have been too selfishly invovled in my own life to be around much-this is the BEST, most wonderful news I have heard in so long, and you cannot imagine how happy I am for ALL of you. And for those angels, I wasnt to say thank you on Kori's family's behalf-this could not have happened to more deserving, loving people.

Kerry said...

Kori..I am one of your lurkers and have read your whole blog..You all really deserve this trip. What special Angels you do have! I to believe they are with us and meet our needs.
Happy Holiday

Rhea said...

I'm beyond happy for you. This is just what you needed. I'm smiling so big right now. yay!!!

Kristen Andrews said...

oh Kori that is amazing! So happy for you!

Ally in Wonderland said...

Wow, that is THE MOST amazing story!!! I am SO happy that God has blessed you with this wonderful time with your family! Take pictures! and video! and have A GOOOOOOOOOD TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy said...

I am so happy for you! You have been constantly on my heart for weeks and I kept praying that something special would happen for you for Christmas. Have a great time!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am so happy for this blessing for your family. God is sooooo good!

Michelle said...

I am still crying. That is so awesome. You will have a wonderful time. So, when are you leaving?

I have had many angels touch my life over the years. It is truly an amazing feeling.

God bless you and your family.

Candy said...

What a beautiful gift for your family. God bless you as well as your special angels. He really knows when to show up, doesn't He? Love His timing. You are an inspiration to all of us and God is smiling as well. Hugely.

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

You are truly blessed. Our God is Awesome!

I pray that you and your family will have a FANTASTIC trip!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fantastic thing!!! I'm soo happy for you and your family!!! You have been blessed in so many ways! Enjoy this trip of a lifetime!!

Paula said...

I do not know how I stumbled onto your blog but this post made me cry the happy tears for you and your family...have a wonderful time

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

this is such wonderful news! I am SO excited for you!

Rachel Ann said...

Praise the Lord for answered and unanswered prayers!

I pray that this is the ultimate family vacation and memory making time!

Blessings!

Jennifer said...

That is such amazing news Kori! Congratulations! You deserve it! I hope you guys have the best trip ever!!!

MarciaBrady said...

WOW Kori!! I needed a tissue for this one!! That is SO AWESOME!! I'm so happy that your entire family will get to spend this quality time together!! What a wonderful blessing!

God does hear and answer our prayers and I think there have been a lot of prayers for your family. I know I have been praying for you.

So, when is your birthday? Your family will have such a GREAT time.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

What can I add that has not already been said? Blessings to you and enjoy your time together.♥

Gina said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

I'm jumping up and down!!!!!!

I'm crying!!!!!!

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, you guys are totally going to have the BEST time!!!!!!!!!

There are some really, really, REALLY amazing people in this world.

LarryG said...

Sparkle - Zechariah 9:16 (NIV)

Anonymous said...

God is good, sweetie. I hope your family has an amazing trip and you all make wonderful memories.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I know I don't come 'round much but I am beyond thrilled for you & I have tears of happiness for you and your family. You deserve this! Have the best time ever!

Valerie said...

Kori that is wonderful. God always finds a way, you just have to have faith. There are still wonderful people in this world we live in. I absolutely love Disney it's our favorite vacation spot. When I was sick I had to have a wheelchair and the Disney people were wonderful about it.

I am so excited for you and your family! You just made my Friday!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

God is Awesome!!!

I can't wait to hear all about the trip and see pictures!

Jodi said...

What an amazing blessing!

I just found your blog by chance. I am the mother of two sons with CF. One passed way at the age of 17 three years ago this month. You are an inspiration. Thank you!♥

Emily said...

Could not think of a more wonderful, beautiful, blessed and DESERVING family.
I hope you have a wonderful time. So, so, so happy for you and your family to have this special time toghether.
Quick question: What sizes do your boys wear? We have a lot of boys around this house and we would love to ship some super cool clothing your way.
Let me know!
Lots of love and God Bless you!
Emily

Kori said...

Emily I would love it if you would send me an email. I have tried a couple of times to send you one but have been unable. So shoot me an email when you can.

cferswife@gmail.com

Lee Ann said...

Kori,
I am so happy for you and your family, yall deserve it so much. God has truly blessed you and your family. He is so good to us. I know yall will have the trip of a lifetime. Yall go and have a wonderful time and make good memories for your family. I think about yall alot and I hope Richard is feeling ok. I miss seeing yall at church. Love you girl.....
Lee Ann Evans

Rebecca said...

I just found your blog through Blog Around the World. I'm from Alabama, but right now I'm going to school in Mississippi.

I don't even know you, but that post made me tear up! Wow!

Young Momma said...

This is the first time I read your blog. What an absolute blessing! ~Hugs~ Beautiful blog, beautiful family! Congrats on your Angels!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Ü Ü Ü Ü

You are loved!!! And you deserve this!!!!!!
God is AWESOME!!!! But I don't have to tell you!!! LOVE ya girly!!

Kristen said...

WOOT!!! Praise God and special angels!
Laters
K

jennifersusan said...

I'm so excited for you and your family! What an amazing gift!

Scary Mommy said...

I am so happy for your family. How amazing!!!

Avery Tales said...

Wow!! That is just too awesome for words. God is so Good!!!

Oh, and you have a surprise on my blog.

Ronda's Rants said...

I am so happy for your family...I hope you have a wonderful time...May God continue to bless your family! Sending love and prayers!

Mandy said...

Kori, I am so happy for y'all! Be sure and post yons of pictures from the trip!!:)

Brooke said...

Oh you will have a marvelous time I am sure. Angels have the best timing! Can't wait to see pics of the vacation!

Tami said...

That is AMAZING!!

I'm tearing up reading it! You guys deserve it and I know it will be the best vacation EVER :)

Special Angels are AWESOME!!

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh Kori, that is the best news! How wonderful. You all so deserve it. May you have a wonderful time!

Megan said...

Tears in my eyes. Wow. What an awesome gift! Enjoy your very special vacation / gift!

Mama Dawg said...

How absolutely amazing! I came via Kat's blog on her Disney give-away!

Can I offer to send you a handmade lanyard or sunglasses cord to wear while at the parks?

I have an etsy shop and I'd like to either give you one that I've already made or make one special for you. Just come by and visit my blog. The link to my etsy shop is up there. No need to comment on the blog, it's just so you can find my etsy. Not trying to drive up blog traffic.

Beth said...

Our God is an AWESOME God, indeed!

I hope you all have a most wonderful time!!

Special Angels ROCK!!

Carebear said...

Just found you randomly through SITS. This is the most powerful post I think I've ever read in the blogosphere. I am humbled by the generosity of your internet friends and awed by your amazing life perspective. I am headed over to donate at your other pals site. I'm going to follow your blog because I want to hear all about your dream trip when you come home! Have a great time. God Bless, I'll be praying for you!