My boys are something else.
They are both smart, funny and very handsome.
See for yourself. Yep I made those!

Anyhow sometimes they leave me speechless.
The other day I was on my way home so I called to let them know.
A young voice comes on the phone so I am talking away.
How was your day at School? Did you get all your homework done?
Then the young voice starts cracking as he is talking to me.
So then I ask are you sick? Is your throat sore Calob?
Ya know the Mom routine.
Then the young voice says
"Mom this is Jacob. I feel fine. Why?"
Then I say... Oh honey I'm sorry I thought you were Calob you sounded just like him.
All of a sudden he says. Yeah I think I'm going through Puberty.
I stifle my outburst of laughter and ask...
Really? How come?
Well cause you just said I sound like Calob and I have a mustache. You can really see it in the sunlight.
(speechless)
Then the other morning I am in the bathroom with Calob.
I am fixing my hair.
He is brushing his teeth.
I notice he is admiring himself in the mirror.
Nothing abnormal I mean he is some kind of a handsome little fella.
He gets through, spits, dries mouth.
Then proceeds to still look in the mirror.
I ask him if everything is ok.
He says...
"Yes Ma'am. I think I have hit Puberty. "
Really? How come?
Cause I am Smokin' Hott.
(again speechless)
I may never understand the mind of the male.
However I did learn that I obviously use the words Smokin' Hott a little much.
Now excuse me while I go stop Jacob from shaving his 'stache and remove all my mirrors so Calob's head won't swell to much.
Also it appears that Calob thinks he is grown and that he doesn't have to mind the teacher at School or the Prinicipal. He also seems to think it's ok for him to tell them that he is not going to do his work. Just not gonna do it. Hard-headed this one I tell ya. My child that is way smarter than I ever was at the age of 9 is suspended from School tomorrow.
Yes SUSPENDED!
He is also grounded until further notice and he has a sore bottom.
At least he has his Puberty.
What is a Mother to do?











51 comments:
Oh, no! Suspended????
Lock him in the closet until he's 30.
Not an option? Then, I think you are on the right track. He's just testing the waters! And, this time, he sank!
hahahahahaha that is toooo funny! I love it!! He probably should have told his teacher that he had hit puberty and homework was optional. Maybe they would have laughed a little more (like me) and suspended a little less!! :)
Seriously though-- so cute!
I must be going through it took, cause I look in the mirror and say "I'm SMOKIN Hot" too...
All the time.
Cracked me up. (Well, not the part about being suspended, of course, but the rest of it.) Is this what I have in store for me? My three-year-old is already about to do me in! ;)
"At least he has his puberty!" You are VERY funny! lol
Ok, except for the suspension...that was smokin' hilarious!!!
The suspension probably isn't all that humorous to you, but the puberty part is classic ... funny stuff.
lol!!! That's hilarious! I am so not ready for that!!! lol
LOL, being suspended, not so much. Boys must be different than girls, of course Chick spends about 90% of her time in front of the mirror too. And both boys are Smokin' Hot... Must be in the genes.
Suspended?!?! wow. Love the puberty conversation! HILARIOUS!!
Love, Mere
Oh, this totally cracked me up...about the puberty part. I don't even want to think about Alise hitting that stage! Hopefully, I've got at least another good ten years, don't cha think? As far as the suspension....whoa! I think you did the right thing.
Hahaha....LOVE it!!
puberty - just wait til they hit 13! My brother has the cracking voice, the giant growth spurt, the random hairs under his arms...oh and the attitude!!! Also the fact that he just got taller than me scares me a little bit...
Suspended! He should have just told the teacher that he was too "smokin' hot" to do his work LOL.
LOL Funny boys!!!
Hope he learns to listen to his teacher because of the suspension. Yikes!
*snicker some more*
Ha! I can't believe he got suspended, too funny!
Smokin' hot... hahahahahahaahahaha.
First off, Heavenly Father made them. You just got to carry them, and grow them, and teach..etc.. lol
second.. Puperty? hmm sounds like it to me..
I would let him shave. That will teach him..lol
OMGosh! I can't help but giggle. Welcome to my world! They are so cute, they look straight out of a Harry Potter movie.
Absolutely, smoking hot, handsome sons...puberty and all!
Wow...suspended! Not good! Maybe teacher did it to make sure it doesn't happen again!
So, have Madalyn and Calob been comparing notes? She is being so horrid. But I think it's just directed at me. And not the teachers or adminstrators. And she is always telling me that she is hot. I had to nip the "sexy" comments in the bud.
haha funny! Although you might not see it yet. Some day...
Oh this was a hysterical post! Bless you lady as you hit those "smokin hott" years! Not so many more years and I'll be there. Argghhhh!
Kids do put some smack down...
SMOKIN' HOTT!
that is terrific, I don't think that young man has any self-image problems. Y'all have trained him right.
I can relate with this story so much. Let's see... first of all Stephen's nickname is "Stash" - any guesses as to why? Yeah b/c he had one until we made him start shaving.
And now he calls himself a sexy beast. I'm all like NO! but stevie seems to be amused by it so he gets away with it.
Suspended! Oh my goodness!! Is this what I have to look forward to in the coming years? If so I think I shall tie a rock to my Caleb's head and keep him small forever!
Ohhhh my goodness, hate to hear he got suspended.
Kids are something else aren't they ... LOL!
Just wait, you've still got several really fun years to come!
I remember when my oldest Tiffany was a little girl she kept saying she wanted to put on puberty, finally I realized she wanted to put on deodorant. Her grandmother had told her she didn't need to start wearing deodorant until she reached puberty, so I guess she thought by wearing it she'd get there faster, haha...
Ah yes .. It was when I hit puberty that I became smoking hot as well.
Not!
But do not tell him that cuter years are to come, or his head will probably explode from happiness =-)
The sore bottom, groundednes and swelled ego marked my pubertyhood as well. And look! I turned out perfect =-) Keep up the good work, mama!
Seriously, this post had me rolling.. and made me think about how my two year old calls herself a beast .. she'll run around declaring, "I'm a beast!" and if ever she adds the word "sexy" into that sentence, I will die.
That just made me laugh so hard! :)
Stacey
Oh man! Suspended. Yikes!
Thank you for stopping by my blog!! :D I vote for Canon! ;) That's what I use. ha ha.
Well I hate to say it doesn't get any easier. It's great though isn't it.
They're gorgeous boys the girls will definitely be after them.
This was a good one. Just wait until he is 16....Oye!
LOL
OMG Kori ~ I'm sorry to laugh, but it just sounds so cute. I can't believe he got suspended. Oh my, at least you don't have any girls..I so had my hands full with Cassie..thank goodness she made it to 20!
Hugz,
Michele
Suspended! Oh my...
I have a son who will be 9 years old next week and he is all about locking the bathroom door and using deodorant and oh the hair! Can't cut the hair, mom!
Oh my gosh Kori..This post took me back to when my boys were hitting puberty...I had two boys and one girl. I had an 11 and 15 yr old boy.
a 13 yr girl I thought I had it bad till my nephew came to live with who was 16. OMG!!
I had to laugh because boys are so different then girls. It amazes me at times.
But for a while there way to much testerone ...even still when they get together its the same thing. Plus now I have a son in law to who thinks he is * HOT!*
Funny when they are young not when they are older lol.
We went through having one of the boys suspended. I was really angry with him cause he had a smart mouth and his quick wit got him such..HOT WATER...
I always thought he took after me ..Mom told me one day she was going to lock the windows and doors and throw away the key.
So he came by it honestly.
The bright spot is they grow up and have kids. Then paybacks are tough .
Hang in there.
Suspended? Sounds a little harsh for just saying he won't so his work. A little detention maybe but not suspension. He is waaaay too cute for that. Oh well, tell him to be a good boy and do his work or he'll stop mid-puberty. Half a mustash forever.
Anyway, your blog is adorable and the previos post made me want to cry. You poor sweet thing. How can folks be such meanies? But, God Bless you and your family and I wish you only the best.
I hadn't been able to check in on you for awhile, but I am glad to see that your tests came back negative. Praise God.
this is hilarious! Too funny!!
OMG, that is funny, well not the suspended part. Hope he snaps out of it. Good luck mama.
Yeah, my boy thinks he is a beast. WTH. He is cute and all but not yet buddy. Although, I can see dark hairs on that upper lip when the sun is shining on it. What then. I have to practically beat him to take a shower and brush his teeth. He doesn't need to have to
shave yet.
Oh yeah, aren't they sooooo much fun!!!! I tell ya, it's like raising aliens!!
OMG, I would have totally cracked up laughing at the "smokin' hot" comment. That's hilarious.
Puberty at 9? You've got your hands full with Calob. I'm sorry he got suspended.
What cute boys. Both of them are smokin' hot. Too funny!
Kori, that is so funny about the changes they are going through. I love the smokin hott comment - hysterical! Sorry about the suspension...hopefully he learned his lesson!
Oh I so relate. Ihave a 17 & 16 yo girls and a 13 & 12 yo boys, please tell me this will end soon. Right now my 9 yo soon looks perfect!
It's always good to hear about school admin sticking to their guns and being pro-active.
I have a 12 year old, and I remember being at the stage where you are right now. All I can say is lay out the law, stick to your guns and remind him of the part of the bible that says; thou shall always respect your elders.
Sorry for the really horrible quote, but it's been awhile!!
Kori,
Just to let you know we are all thinkin of you and hope your days are good.
God Bless and thank you for the story, I was laughing so hard that I almost fell off my chair!!!
Joy,
Emily
no help with the puberty thing, sorry. But I must tell you to buy a book called "Doing Disney with Kids" if you have not read it already. FOund out you are heading there (from tales from the lunchroom) and I could not have survived without the book
Kori thank you sooooooooooo much for lunch today, we enjoyed your visit SOOOOOOOOOO much!
Wait a minute...the 9 year old is hitting puberty??? Say it ain't so...sigh...I'm not ready for that!
oh goodness puberty!
Too funny! I have a ten year old boy who is now showering with Addidas sport shower gel. It really gets rid of the Manstink that comes with puberty.
Oh my gosh... Smokin' Hott? Haha - your sons are hilarious! Adorable AND Hilarious!
Post a Comment