Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pumpkins have Birthday's too



Recognize the person above?


Of course you do. It's Lizzie keeper of the Hot Tub. She's my pumpkin. My Sister from another Mister if you will.


Lizzie is the epitome of what a good friend is. Grant it we met through blogging just a few short months ago. It seems like so much longer than that. I have had the opportunity to meet her in real life a few times now. She is genuine, honest and wonderful. And she gives the best hugs ever. The kind of hugs that don't let go until you're ready. The kind of hugs that let you know just how much she really loves and cares about you.


When I am having a bad day I can count on Lizzie to make me laugh by sending me a joke or two. Or an IM just to see how things are going. And you best believe when I go a few days without blogging Lizzie is checking in on me to see what is going on.

So go say Happy Birthday to Lizzie! What are you waiting on.

Lizzie,

I hope your Birthday is just as wonderful as you are. I love you more than coffee and the green straws at Starbucks. Dude that is a lot. You know that. However my hubby had something he wanted to say too.

Love ya bunches! Your,

Kori~kins

17 comments:

Aubrey said...

That was sooo sweet. I got all teary eyed! I hope someday I am able to meet all of you too! I love me a good hug!

I left her a little something on my blog too!

Jennifer said...

She sounds like a great lady--I left her some bday wishes!

sharkiepatronus said...

I think it is amazing how people have met and built community through this whole blogging phenomenon.

I am glad you have been blessed with an amazing friend!

Heather said...

Blogger friends rock!

Who woulda thunk?

Sweet post, Kori. You're a great friend right back. What a terrific way to help Lizzie celebrate her day!

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie!

I love the picture of Richard!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy Birthday, Lizzie! And, wasn't that sweet of Richard to play along?

BBB said...

That so rocks! And of COURSE I noticed that Richard's blanket is PLAID!! WOO HOO!!

You are the dearest, sweetest friend, and I think God EVERY NIGHT that He let you wander into my life... where you are now trapped... never to leave again... mwahhhh haaaa haaaaa!

Tracy P. said...

Kori, this is so sweet of you. Your header is absolutely gorgeous--I don't remember seeing it when I was last here. I haven't been by in way too long--so many fabulous blogs, so little time. I'm praying for Richard today. Many blessings to all of you.

Michelle said...

Aww, what a sweet way to wish such a wonderful person a happy birthday! I love how even your husband got into it. Lovely! Prayers and thoughts with you, too.

Gramma 2 Many said...

I am a little late, but I left a birthday wish on my blog also.
Great idea Kori.

Angie's Spot said...

Aw, I am crumpled up in tears here. You are so sweet!!! I thank my lucky stars every day for having my bloggy friends. There's just nothing like y'all! xoxo

Rebecca Jo said...

aahh - friends celebrating friends birthday - nothing better!

and I too love a good hugger... feels so comforting in the worst moments

Finding Normal said...

Aw, Richard dots his i's with hearts! So sweet! LOL
That is a cute post, and you're a great friend!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what a sweet post and birthday wishes!

Grace said...

Hi Kori, it is so nice to be here in your nice blog. I enjoyed reading your post. :)

Angela said...

Hi Kori and thanks for following my blog!

I will keep you guys in our prayers! And I love the new blog look, by the way!

Hugs in Christ,

Angela

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet....what a wonderful post for a friend.