On days when the sunlight shines through the window and warms my face as I lay in bed. Opening my eyes and hearing the deep breaths coming from my husband as he lays beside me in peaceful slumber. It is then that I thank God for this day.
There are alot of nights that I can't sleep. These are the nights that I lay next to my love and watch him sleep. I find myself studying if you will. The shape of his lips, the smell of his skin, every laugh line upon his face, the pattern of his breathing, the way him and the dog alternate snores.
There are so many things I want to remember for myself and for the boys.
Like how contagious his laugh is, the way that every night before bed he has oreo's for a snack, and the fact that through it all his Faith in God has never wavered.
Richard has said many times that if one person came to know Jesus by all that he has gone through then all this is worth it. He is so right.
We can't waste anything, in everything we need to give God the Glory he deserves.
P.s. Wanted to let everyone know that I was wrong about Richard seeing the Doctor on Tuesday to get the results. Richard's appointment actually isn't until Thursday. Sometimes my days all run together.
6 months ago











25 comments:
You are such a strong person. Take lots of pics with your new camera...I'd even invest in a video camera too. I love remembering voices. I will continue to keep y'all in my prayers!
Love, Mere
Sights. sounds, smells all evoke memories. You're right to store them up and not take a moment for granted.
Best wishes for good news on Thursday. Take care!
Thanks Mere. I will be taking more pictures than I have places to store them all.
And yes we have a video camera that we plan on making very good use of.
This post brought tears to my eyes, Kori. I'm so glad you are enjoying the little things and appreciating every minute.
It also meant so much to hear what Richard said about someone coming to know Jesus through what he's gone through. He sounds like a wonderful person!
Waht a beautiful post Kori!! you are so very strong!!
Beautifully written. I love those quiet moments that allow us to just drink it all in. Every once in a while I get lucky and Addison will fall asleep while I'm holding her. I could sit like that all night to soak it up.
Keep up your strength, it's inspiring. And, that man of yours, well he is somethin' else.
What a wonderful post. I can see the love you two share for one another and your religion.
Such a sweet post. Your posts definitely inspire and help me with my faith as well!
"We can't waste anything, in everything we need to give God the Glory he deserves."
Truer words never spoken.
You are blessed, and you are strong in him. Believe it, cling to it, hold it with all your might!
I loved reading this. And I love the comment from Richard that if one person comes to know Jesus through this then it's all worth it. What an amazingly generous heart.
Beautiful words. We should all live by them. God Bless You, Girl.
I should know better than to visit you when I'm already weepy =-)
**love**
I just started following your blog and to be honest it always puts me in a great mood. You're way to cute!
As usual you have written a lovely post. You have such a nice way with words.
sending gentle hugs and praying- yes, hug the moments- as you plant them in your heart--
blessings from Meme
It is the little things that will mean the most. So happy for you and the new camera!! Way to go.....
Beautiful!
I am having a FUN GIVE AWAY!!!!!!!
Stop by and ENTER!!!
And ya all too!
You guys are such a beautiful family! I am thankful to call you my friend. :-)
What a great post! I hope the dr's visit goes ok.
I moved to a new site! Check it out: www.aduckinherpond.com.
Kori, you should consider writing a book about your life with Richard....I'm serious....
You are so special to me....I love you.
I have been caught up in my own life and haven't been around; I LOVE the new look, this post moved me to tears, and I think Richard is 100% right.
A beautiful post.
Memories are so important and your doing a great job to make great memories for your boys.
Prayers for the upcoming appointment!
This made me tear up. So beautiful, so touching.
Post a Comment