If you have been reading my blog for anytime at all you know that we are leaving to go to Disney in 34 days. You also know that I currently do not have a camera except for the one on my cell phone. Which is not a camera at all. My Kodak point and shoot that I had died. My hubby who likes to think he is Mr. Fix it suffered a very "shocking experience" while trying to fix it. We have been pinching pennies and saving for our Disney trip. I intended on buying a new camera but I just couldn't seem to work it into my budget before our date to leave. So I figured I would just buy some disposables and be done with it. Well God had another plan.
The other day I told you all about my new friend Shelley over at a sister for the bean and her huge adoption raffle to bring baby Claire home from Korea. And that you should go check it out. And if you bought raffle tickets for $5 dollars each your name went into the pot to possibly be the winner of this amazing Camera package.
Well needless to say God led me to Shelley's blog for a reason because he knows that I can't refuse trying to win a camera of my dreams. And that if I'm able I'll enter. I'm telling you he knows all. So I went and sure enough after seeing what God loving people they are I knew I had to give. Not just for the camera but because it touched my heart.
'
I stayed up late tonight, biting my fingernails, eating oreo's and praying that maybe it would be mine. And sure enough... it is.
Thank you Shelley. I know it wasn't you, rather the random thingy. But I am beyond elated that it chose me. I promise to take tons of pictures while at Disney and that I will now have more memories to look back on in the days ahead thanks to you. I am honored to know that I had a small part in helping to bring sweet baby Claire home where she belongs with you. So glad I found you and that I can follow this journey you guys are on. Much love my new friend!
Please continue to pray for Richard. He has had a little bit of a better day today. Not quite as much pain. Praise God. But it is still there none the less. I can look at him and tell he isn't feeling well. The eyes give it away. He's also anxious to find out the results and what if anything can be done. He's worried that depending on what we find out that we may not be able to take our trip to Disney next month. (thank goodness for Disney travel insurance. If we have to cancel we will be able to reschedule for a later date) We are trying to stay positive because neither of us want to have that talk with the boys and see the disappointment that will surely come. So we are going to continue to pray. I don't believe that God has blessed us beyond measure with all this for us to not be able to go. But Richard's health has always been first and foremost above all else and we would like for him to be feeling as good as possible so that he will enjoy it. And like the title of my post... God ALWAYS works it out!
6 months ago











37 comments:
Yeah...Congratulations...How wonderful! I am praying that your trip will not be delayed and everyone will have such fun!
Sending love!
I just checked Shelley's blog to see if I had won one of the cameras (I didn't, darn it!), but when I saw that Kori won, I was thinking to myself, "please be my Kori, please, please, pleeeeeeease!" Alas! It is! WooHoo, I am so happy for you! And no, I don't know you-know you, but I feel like I do know you, so I count you as my Kori. :o) Congratulations. It couldn't have gone to anyone more deserving. I will continue to pray for your family, and that you are able to enjoy your Disney trip on time!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures! Have fun and make great memories!
Also thank you so much for the blog makeover! It looks amazing!
Angela
YOU totally deserve this! I am so happy we were able to 'meet' through all of this! I can't wait to see photos of your fabulous vacation! I am off to add myself to your group of followers!!! If I could have 'picked' a winner myself, you would have certainly been on my list!
I'll chat with you later today!!!
Congrats on your new camera! Sounds like you definitely needed this right now! Enjoy your trip- you have a beautiful family!
YEAH! I am so excited for you Kori :) I can't wait to see some great pictures from your trip. God is good, yes he is!!
Practically doing cartwheels over here for you, Kori! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh wow! You not only won a camera, but you won THE camera of all cameras! How exciting!!! Congrats, you definitely needed one.
That's brilliant, congratulations Kori. Lots of lovely photos to come.
Hope and pray Richard will be OK for the trip next month.
Jumping up and down for you!!!
Everything happens for a reason. That's my mantra and again, it shows me that there is a master plan in play. I'm beyond excited that you won that camera!!! Maybe this is the beginning of good news for a while. :-)
You are such a deserving soul! WHAT A BLESSING!!
Love, Mere
Yea Kori!!!!!!
Can't wait to see the pics you take!!
I am soo happy that you won...not only a camera...but a new friend. Enjoy it! I hope that you don't have to postpone your trip...you all need a break from life!
oh wow!!! congratulations on your win!!!
Awesome! I love how He works through all things!
I'm praying, praying, praying. I'm glad you can reschedule if you have to, but I'm praying you don't have to .. and that Richard's pain just goes away. Because I know He can do all things...
Enjoy that camera, dearie! I know you'll put it to good use!
Girl you have some mojo going on for YOU! Yes that is truly amazing!
CONGRATS on winning!! That is soooo awesome!
I'll keep praying for Richard and your family!!
Love it!! That is so exciting!!!!!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you. And, I know that God has His hands in all of this!
I am so happy you won THE camera....God is Amazing.....and I can't think of a more deserving person to have it.....I hope all goes well and y'all will be able to make the trip....But....if it has to be postponed it is still all in God's plan and there will be a reason!
yipee on the camera!!! And remember - it will be God's timing on when you go on your trip... if its meant to be when its scheduled - no worries, God will work it out!
yea for you! I have been praying about this trip for you and the rest of the family, I know how much it means to everyone to be able to go and so many things have come together to make it happen. But, God's timing is perfect. =)
The plotting continues on my end...mwa ha ha!!
Remember that Bible verse about God supplying all your needs according to His riches in glory?
Well...
Amen!!!
YAY! So happy for you.
Yay! I'm so excited you won!
You're so so right, God ALWAYS works things out! So happy for you that you got the camera package! That's awesome. Enjoy it!
OMGosh Kori! That is wonderful! I started reading your post and was thinking to myself "i have a second digital camera that is just sitting around that i would love to send over". LOL Woot-woot!
I'm praying girlfriend. Boy am I ever!!
God is AMAZING!!!!
I am so happy you won the camera, yeaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Hope Richard does feel well enough for you guys to go on your trip when you have it planned.
Also wanted to let you know my father in law had a really bad heart attack yesterday, he's up at UAB in CCU now ... now sure when they'll move him out of there into a regular room but hopefully it'll be soon. I hate not to go up today and spend time with my mother in law but it's so hard having to take care of Molly and things around here.
Oh, you lucky dog (really, in my mind, I am saying you b*tch, no not really) That is a freakin' sweet camera. I can't wait to see your pictures from Disney. Let us know how the camera is. I still might get one some day.
Kori, I'm so happy for you and know you will use your new camera to document many memories.
♥
Joy
Congrats on winning! It's amazing that it came just when you needed it.
I followed from Shelley's blog. I am so, so happy that you won. You guys so deserve that camera and all the memories you will be able to capture with it. You will love Disney. Congratulations!
How cool is that?? congrats!!
OMGoodness!! When I saw who the winners were, I didn't have a chance to actually GO to her blog to see if it was YOU, but I had a feeling it was. I just didn't know what your last name was and I haven't had a chance till now to go around to the various blogs. Oh!! I'm SO excited for you! You totally and completely deserve it. What a gift to be able to capture the memories on this upcoming vacation! Congratulations!!!
Wow, congrats. A great prize. I'll keep Richard in my prayers.
Post a Comment