Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Personal Assistant/Shopper/Maid/Chef for Hire

Ok so not really.

I have been very overwhelmed the last couple of days, VERY!

Richard is doing a little better, his lungs are clear. Yay. He is now back on the pain patch. They are giving him regular doses of nausea medicine to help him tolerate it better. So far we are 12 hours in and no nausea and the pain is gone. Praise God! Also he will be getting discharged tomorrow. His PFT's were really low for him on Monday but the Doctor is not to concerned since he was in quite a bit of pain when he went to blow so he couldn't take in a very good deep breath. As far as I know they are not going to repeat them before he gets discharged tomorrow.

I have so many things that I need to do. But I'm tired and just emotionally spent. Let's review my list shall we.

  • Need to call Disney and verify some things that I'm concerned about.
  • Ask Disney about medically needed fridge for Richard's aerosol meds.
  • Call Randy's Mobility to check on status of scooter. Tried doing this yesterday and apparently there is an issue. Can't forget to call back by March 7th.
  • Check hotel listings in Valdosta Georgia. May have to travel two days to split trip up so Richard doesn't get to uncomfortable with all the riding. Have to wait and see how he's feeling. May be leaving a day earlier.
  • Shoes. GOT. TO. get shoes for Richard and myself.
  • Need to find some elastic waisted lounge pants/sweat pants/shorts or something for Richard since his blue jeans bother his abdomen to be able to wear.
  • Need to see about some new capris for myself or some more blue jeans.
  • Need new T-shirts for the both of us. By the way I went to Disney shopping .com and found all of us some Disney screen printed t-shirts for 2.99 and 3.99 each. Whoo hoo.
  • Have got to buy snacks/bottled water/breakfast stuff to take with us.
  • Need to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE for all of the above and Disney. I have a dollar amount figured in my head to cover gas, eats and any unknowns.
  • Clean the house thoroughly before we leave.
  • Go grocery shopping in general sometime.
  • Need to call Car Insurance company about printing insurance card with my name on them too. I am on the policy but our cards just have Richard's name and in order for me to pick up the rental car and do all the driving while we're gone my name has to be on the card.
  • Stop crying all the time.
  • Try NOT to go CRAZY.
  • Try NOT to go CRAZY.
  • Try NOT to go CRAZY!

Are you seeing where the title of my post comes in? haha And I'm sure there is probably quite a few things I have missed by making this list. I have come to the conclusion that either they will get done or they won't. At least my silver lining has the cutest mouse ears ever. We are going to have the most memorable time.

We can't wait! 16 Days Whoo Hoo!

33 comments:

Julie said...

praying you get all that done quickly so that you can relax and enjoy your pain free hubby for a bit. Praise God...

Sweetly Single said...

Don't forget to just breath.... it's going to be great

Anonymous said...

If by chance you run out of time to get shoes by your trip there are a ton and I mean a ton of outlets really close to disney that you can find sneakers for both of you. Have a wonderful trip and I hope the time until goes smoothly!!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I can't believe it is coming up so soon! And it sounds like you have it all under control with your lists. I love lists.

I cannot wait to hear all about this amazing trip!!

Brandy said...

OMGosh! Richard's coming home and the trip is just about two weeks away...how exciting!

Just take it one step at a time. It will all be worth it in the end.

Aspiemom said...

Now don't get so worn out that you get sick! Who wants to go to Disney feeling sick and worn out?

I hope you get everything done. Yeah for Richard's lungs being clear!

Krissi said...

Girl! Slow down, take it one day at a time! You have had so much on your plate lately, its no wonder your burning out at both ends :( Try not to stress (this coming from the Queen of all things that include stress) the last thing you need to do is get sick before you go and if you keep stressin yourself out your gonna wind up sick!!

Kelli said...

if it helps, try to see how fast you can get it all done which would give you more time to relax before you go???? I wish I could help. Enjoy your vacation!

Michele said...

You are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it. And ya know...it will get done...I have faith! Glad Richard is feeling better too!

Hugz,
Michele

Kristen said...

Everything is coming together. Woo hoo!

Winifred said...

So pleased to hear Richard is feeling better.

Now take it easy, you stillhave plenty of time to do everything.

Oh about the house. I have to clean it thoroughly before I go. I say I'm doing it because I like to come back to a clean house. My daughter says I'm doing it in case I get burgled. My Mam bless her used to say, don't worry the house will be heere when you're not.

My Mam was right! Leave the house if you don't have time to do it.

Katie Lane said...

I feel like that all the time and I don't even have kids a sick husband or a disney trip to plan. Good luck!

Michelle said...

Do what you can and enjoy your vacation! All the rest will still be there when you get back!! I'm excited for you and glad hubs is headed home soon!

LarryG said...

praying you have an awesome trip!

Amy said...

Long list but you get to go to Disney at the end. That is way cool.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

you do have quite the list...just take it one step at a time. you are nearly at disney!

Katey said...

Glad Richard is getting discharged and he is able to control his pain and nausea! I'll be praying you are able to accomplish all the things on your list as well as have the moo-la to pay for them! Praying everything goes well and that your Disney trip will be awesome!

Shelley said...

Take a deep breath...Breathe in...Breathe out...

Better?

You can do this. You can totally do this! Prioritize your list, and spend a morning tackling the phone calls, and enjoy a much needed shopping trip out (by yourself!) to finish up the rest of the list. Grab some Chick-fil-a for dinner (they do have those down there don't they?) and rent a movie. Cuddle up with Richard, and just take a deep breath...breath in...breath out...

Atta girl!

BeckettFan's Tales said...

well I got the shoes part covered! So umm yeah you gotta make sure you have enough food for the 4 legged babies! And make sure you love your house sitter very very much! Cause I gonna love you for lettin me watch your house/television!! HaHa!! Love you!!

Linda said...

Don't worry, you'll get it done. Somehow I just know that. 16 days ... wowie, can't believe it! I'm really looking forward to this for y'all!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Deep breath....

okay...you can do it...and if it doesn't all get done, I'm sure some thing are more important than others.

Prayers for you guys...your trip is so close.

And, about your name being on the insurance, they should be able to verify that you are a covered driver at the rental place.

Christy said...

I'm glad Richard is better. Disney is going to be so much fun, and you will NOT go crazy before then. :)

Joy said...

Bless your heart girl. I know you have so much to accomplish and you will get it done. I wish I were closer, I'd try and handle some of your shopping for you.

Don't forget to breathe.
♥
Joy

Mama Wheaton said...

Hope your trip is all you want it to be and more. Enjoy!

Mama Wheaton said...

Hope your trip is all you want it to be and more. Enjoy!

Megan said...

So glad Richard is feeling a bit better! I'm sure you'll get everything done that needs to get done.

Continued prayers and lots of (((HUGS)))

Christy said...

I wish I could help you out. I do happen to agree with some of the previous commenters about the house. I hate leaving it uncleaned, but it will be there when you get back and a clean house shouldn't push you over the edge. Maybe if you put your list in order of most important to least important it will help put it in perspective. Best of luck and I am so glad that Richard is feeling better.

Finding Normal said...

Breathe. Put that as #1. Make sure you pack the camera charger. Hope the rest works itself out.

Stephanie said...

YAY! For Richard getting released and hijm feeling better...

BOO to the big to do list!

Britt said...

I'm so glad Richard is feeling better! What an answer to prayer!

As for you .. you need wine .. or chocolate .. or both? and hugs!=-) I'm praying for you, sweetie .. and so excited for your trip! You know Daddio will work everything out just perfect, and all the unknowns will always be known to Him. Remember to let Him have it
=-)

High fives on the awesome t-shirt deals!

jennifersusan said...

take a deep breath. You still have plenty of time and you have your lists. You can do it!

whoopsadasie said...

Maybe you should let someone help you with all you need to do to help relieve some of your stress! I sure hope you have a good time!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Don't go crazy!!!