Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cards for Richard

So as you all know my wonderful hubby is in the Hospital. He has really been struggling with the pain. We knew that as the Cancer progressed that pain was destined to come along with it. We just weren't expecting it this soon. Seems like things are happening so fast here lately.

Anyhow Richard is feeling a little low. And after receiving emails form several of you I decided the best way to cheer him up and let him know just how many people are thinking and praying for him, for us, is to just flood and overwhelm him with cards and letters of well wishes and good thoughts.

I know the boys would love to see all the cards coming in and to be able to bring them to the Hospital to their Dad would make them feel like they were helping to make him feel better.

It's the little things in life that mean the most and I would love it if you would help in this project.

Any cards, store bought cards or if you have kids have them make a card, if you teach you could have your class make cards, if you're one of those scrapbook divas you could go crazy, Sunday School classes, just use your imagination. Have fun! Make it a project.

Also if you wanted to blog about it and ask your readers to participate that would be awesome. So feel free.

Here is our address.

Richard & Kori McCulley
P.O. Box 261
Graysville, Alabama 35073

Much love & Many blessings,


P.s I know I haven't been around much lately. Things are just a little chaotic right now. Hopefully this week things will cool down a little and I'll be by.

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kori.....I think we all understand why you haven't come around. You be with your family....


Z and I will definitely send Richard a card. I hope they are getting his pain under control for him.

Hang in there....we're all still praying!

Young Momma said...

I'll go blog about it right now. I think it's a great idea. :)

Devri said...

I will blog about it tomorrow, and send him a card. My husband wants to send him one... That will be neat, too bad, he would never let me read it.. darn.

Be with your family. Don't worry about the blogworld, we will be here, praying for your family.

Mesa said...

I found you through SITS and Young Momma and I am so touched by your story! I'm so sorry that your hubby is in such pain! I will add you all to my prayers and send a card! :) Lots of love to you and yours,

Mesa Bush from the Bush Family!

bodaat said...

Arrived at your blog through SITS. Here's sending you and your family, especially your husband, lots of love and healing energy. I will for sure send a card.

designer said...

Wish you and family all the best!
Hang on there SITSta!..

LORI said...

I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ALL THE BEST--I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS.

Anonymous said...

Gareth, Gabriella, Meg and I will definitely send a card.

How are you holding up Kori? Is there anything that YOU need? What about the boys?

Holding you up in prayer and thought.

Auds at Barking Mad

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))

Brandy said...

I got Richard's card on Friday but realized I didn't get any stamps. Duh! So it's going in the mail first thing tomorrow morning.

Heather said...

Of course we will send him a card. I hope and pray that Richard will be feeling up to going to Disney, for all of your sakes, but especially the boys'.

Please let us know if you need anything else, Kori. We are here for you.

Rhea said...

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a funny Texas postcard to make Richard laugh. :o)

Grace said...

This is a great idea. I pray that the pain is lessened and in some small way the mail Richard gets helps him. God Bless!

Mercedes said...

I am really sorry that you are going through this. My mother in law has luekemia and it is so difficult watching someone go through that and there really isn't anything you can do to help them except show them love and pray for them. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Meg said...

I came here from SITS. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my cousin Evona one week ago to breast cancer. It's such an awful road to walk--I am amazed at your strength and faith!

Aubrey said...

Oh Kori, this just stinks. I would love to get Richard a card in the mail. Anything that maybe could bring a smile to his face and make his day a little brighter.
*hugs*

Natalia said...

Dear Kori

I am so, so very sorry to hear that Richard has had to go into hospital and that he's in that much pain. :*(

I have written on my blog, and we will send a card this week.

Many hugs
Natalia

Michelle said...

Hi Kori

I'm so sorry that Richard is not well and We are sending a card ,hugs and prayers to you all.

Sig said...

You will be in my prayers.
I battled cancer last year, it was a long fight but I won at the end. :) Hoping the same for Richard (my DH is Richard too and he had a massive heart attack last year).
Come by my blog www.believinginfaith.blogspot.com
Youc an alwasy EM me for support, I have BTDT SA3 at aol.com

Margaret said...

This is the first time I have been to your blog. I will keep your family in my prayers. I will also make a card to send to Richard. Next Sunday I will also see if I can get my Sunday School Class to make him some cards. They are 4 and under, so I can't make any promises from them. I will try though. I think it is great that you are doing this for him.

Shelley said...

Count me in sweetie! I've been thinking about you all weekend...Ooh..and guess what is supposed to arrive tomorrow!!!

Melissa said...

Our card will be on it's way today...I love you and tell Richard I love him, too. If it doesn't hurt him too much, give him a big squeeze from the Botley Crew.

Anonymous said...

I am dropping a card in the mail tomorrow for Richard. Visiting from SITS. I am so sorry he is in so much pain. I hope you are doing well and staying sane in all of this. I know it is hard to see someone you love so much in pain....but you are so sweet to think of this. I hope he receives all the well wishes he deserves and knows how much he is loved and supported by you and family and friends....even us peeps in bloggy land.

Kalei said...

I am actually antibloggedy from above, I just used the wrong email when I came to check out your page. I am gonna add a link to send more cards your way.....Love and Aloha to Richard, the boys, and especially you!

Michelle said...

Hi! I just found your blog through SITS. I am truly touched by your story. I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

kel said...

I am so sorry he is hurting! I will mail my card tommorrow. Keep us posted on his situation.

Avery Tales said...

I'm about to search my stash of cards to find the perfect one. If you guys need dinner or anything at all just let me know. I am your "neighbor" by the way!

Anonymous said...

We will include Richard and your family in our prayers. I know that God does hear us and answer us and that it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. In a beautiful tapestry the dark threads are as needful as the light. I know that some times the best things are born out of the worst things. I pray you will be given strength, wisdom, clarity of thought, hope, peace and everything else the Lord sees fit to bless you with at this time. We will make some cards with my kids tonight. Sending our love!
Alicia

Judi said...

I found you on the SITS blog. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Found you through another blog....just wanted you to know I am thinking of and praying for you and your family.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a great idea, Kori.

You know you guys have my prayers.

roy/elisabeth dean said...

I'm running behind on my blog reading. I will get a card to Richard in the mail tomorrow! Here's praying for some relief!
♥ Lilly

Kandy said...

Hey Kori! You may not remember me, but I used to be at SHBC with you guys. I found your blog from Bring the Rain and I am very impressed with it! I didn't realize that Richard was having such a hard time lately. I will keep you guys in my prayers for sure! Maybe we can get the kids together some time. I know Sam would probably enjoy that. Jeremy says hi, btw.
Kandy

Unknown said...

I found your blog through a friend's and just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything your family is going through. I will be sending you a card for your kids to take to the hospital as well.

Angie's Spot said...

Cards are coming your way from Chatta-vegas! :-)

Michelle said...

Oh, Kori. I can't believe it's come to this so soon. All our thoughts and prayers are with you.

jennifersusan said...

Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers!

Megan said...

You are in my prayers and I am featuring you in my new "Prayer Warriors Wednesday" Tomorrow!

Kristen Andrews said...

so sorry Kori, sending hugs and praying for you guys.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize we are practically "neighbors"!

I love your new hair cut and your blog is adorable!

Jodi said...

Kori, you amaze me! You are so strong. I know how hard this is from personal experience. I am sure the flood of cards you will get will help a ton! Mine is in the mail!

Hey stop by and VOTE on my purplicious contest! You can vote for your own picture too!

MarciaBrady said...

Kori, I am so sorry! I'm praying that he gets much better very soon and can come home pain free!!

A card will be put in the mail immediately!!

And, ummmm...don't worry about not being around...you're family comes first!!!

Lula! said...

I love all 4 of you. And you know I'm always praying.
xoxo