Friday, February 20, 2009

Jumbled Stuff

Boy I sure have missed all you blog-buddies.

This week has been one that I don't wish to relive. But I will cause I know you all are dying to know where I have been and what has been going on.

As you all know from my last post Richard has been having some pretty bad pain. Well I'm glad to report that the Doctors have finally figured out a pain medicine regimen that is working well for him. After much trial and error this has been a huge relief.

Anyhow Sunday night Kim came to spend the night so she could watch the boys for me on Monday since they were out of School for President's Day.

So while she was already staying the night I figured I would come up to the Hospital and spend the night with my Hubby cause he was feeling pretty rough.

At 5 AM I was woken abruptly by a wave of nausea and severe stomach cramps. I was sick. Sicker than Sick. Oh it was bad. I was laying in the recliner with a washcloth on my head trying to get my composure so I could somehow manage to drive home so I wouldn't give this new sickness to my honey.

At 7:45 AM Kim calls and Jacob was laying on the bathroom floor crying in pain with this same Sickness. So I managed to pull myself together long enough to be able to take the long walk to the parking deck and drive home. WORST TRIP EVER!

So needless to say Monday and half of Tuesday was spent trading toilet space with Jacob thanks to our 1 bathroom. (Richard we need another bathroom... please) As well as washing every piece of bedding, scrubbing the toilet in between visits and trying to sleep while having the worst stomach cramps ever.

Now on to Wednesday. We all 3 got up got ready for school and work. Made sure Jacob got on the bus. Calob and I loaded up in the car and drove to MIL's because they are taking him to school since I have to be at work by 7:30. Anyhow on the way there I had to pull over as Calob flew from the car and started throwing up.

Yep now Calob had the dreaded sickness. So I called my boss laughing cause it was kind of funny to me at this point. I think I was going crazy. So Wednesday and Thursday was spent nursing Calob.

Finally we made it to today. I am at work and both boys are at school. I haven't heard from any school nurse so I am guessing we are all recovered.

I am here in Richard's room where I have been loving on him for the past several minutes because through all of this I couldn't see him. I have missed him terribly. Thank goodness we are all better.

Also thank you who have sent cards. So far we have received 7 they have been great, some of you really got creative. Richard is loving it. So keep them coming.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Richard's pain is under control as of now. Praise God! They are going to do his PFT's on Monday and he may get out of here after only a 10 day stay instead of a 14 day one. YAY! YIPPEE!

Disney is in 21 days. 21 DAYS! Oh my gracious I have so much I need to do. SO MUCH. Richard and I both need a pair of tennis shoes. His are wore out and I don't own a pair. Yes you read that right out of the 65 + pairs of shoes I have nary a pair of tennis shoes. Richard is desperate need of new shorts and t-shirts. I need to get a couple of pairs of capris and some t-shirts. The kids have plenty of clothes and they just got new shoes the first of January. So their good to go. Yep like all of us good parents the kids have it all while we wear holy pants and stained shirts. haha

I also have got to reserve the electric scooter for Richard. There are several other things I need to work on. I just am slightly overwhelmed. It'll get done. 21 days is gonna fly by.

I'm so ready for this trip. We all are!

I apologize that this post is all over the place. This is my brain here lately. All over the place.

38 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear an update and thankful Richard's pain is being managed. Sorry about ya'll being sick, we have had some terrible virus lurking at our home also.
Take care and get ready for Disney!

Lisa Q

Kellee said...

Oh dear! What a week.. when it rais it pours but I think in your case you had a hurricane lol
Im glad R's pain is under control, I Pray it stays that way!
Now if you and the boys could just stay well all should be great!!

xox

Amanda said...

I hope everything works out for you and your family. That's gotta be tough!

My sweetie has CF as well. It's tough enough having him out of health because of that!

Brandy said...

I'm so glad to hear they are finding the right mix so that Richard gets some relief.

I hope you got my card...it wasn't very creative though. :( Now I want to send another one! LOL! I'm a bit competitive...even if it's not a competition.

21 DAYS...WOOT!

Heather said...

Well, Blogger just ate my comment.

Grrrrr.

Glad you're better, and that Richard is in less pain, and that you only have three more weeks 'til Disney.

We'll let the Mouse know to expect you :)

Our cards are on their way.

Take care, girl.

Julie said...

so sorry you guys have been so sick... glad you are feeling better. It is no fun. I know...seeing as our family has been so sick the past couple of months!

Tracy said...

So glad you and the boys are over the mess and I pray Richard doesn't get it!

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ I'm so sorry your house has had this dreaded sickness..it sucks! I got Richard's card out today...I'm a little behind these days!

I wish I lived closer to you girlfriend, so that I could help you out. You do have alot to do before Disney...but I know you'll do fine!

Hugz,
michele

Linda said...

Hope Richard is home soon. And even though I know you have a lot to do, I hope the remaining 21 days til Disney go by fast so you can get on with enjoying that trip. I'm so excited to hear all about it. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better!

Rhea said...

Oh, man, the sick bug really got you and the boys. ick, you poor things.

whoopsadasie said...

Glad to hear that they found something to help Richard with the pain. Sorry to hear you all had the "bug". I know it must have been a very hard week not to be able to be with Richard. I am sure you are super excited to be able to go on your dream trip to Disney!

BBB said...

I'm so sorry the bug hit!!!!

I know you're getting stressed about Disney... DEEP breath!!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

I'm so sorry that you all got so sick... I'm glad you're now feeling better!!!

DISNEY!!! HOW I LOVE DISNEY!!!!
When I went a few weeks ago.. I didn't mention in my blog.. but my debit card wouldn't work while I was there.. I was soooooooooo UPSET!! I could take $$ out of the ATM but I couldn't swipe it anywhere.. boo hoo!!!

I can't wait to see pictures.. just can't WAIT!!

Michelle said...

Well, you know it was a big ol' gift from God that you all got that sickness now and not in Disney. You are done, had your share, now you get to go have a great time!! I am sooo excited for you (and Heather). I am not jealous anymore because I think we are getting a pool, our very own, in the back yard. Woo Hoo!! Hey, don't know where you will be staying but if you don't have a mini frig in your room, request one. If you need it for medical purposes it's free. Have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Katie Lane said...

Being sick sucks, glad you are better. Hope you have fun at Disney, it's a great place!

Christy said...

I am SO GLAD everyone is feeling better!! I have been praying that Richard's pain would decrease enough to allow him to thoroughly enjoy your trip! And my card is on the way...holiday on Monday so it didn't go out very early.

MarciaBrady said...

I'm so happy that Richard's pain regimine is working and that you all are feeling better!!

You guys are gonna have so much fun at Dinsey!

Young Momma said...

That sucks that you were all sick and couldn't see Richard!! I'm glad your feeling better though, and that you're with him now. I'm even happier that they got Richards meds under control!!! I'm super excited and can't wait to see pictures of you guys in Disney!!!!

Mere said...

So grateful they found what works for Richard! I can't believe y'all were so sick! That's AWFUL! Wow. So terrible! Disney will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for y'all!!

Love, Mere

Devri said...

I am so glad that your family is feeling better, that sounded horrible. I am also glad to hear your husband is now managing the pain. And glad to hear you got the electric scooter for him.

Susie said...

I am so glad that Richard is feeling better and that you and the boys are getting around again...

I laughed at your comment about the clothes for the kids, because that is always the way it is at my house. Chick looks like a fashion plate and here Ric and I are with clothes that are not exactly the most fashionable!

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh no, stomach bugs are just horrible. I'm so sorry :(

21 days! Woo Hoo!

I hate tennis shoes. My last pair lasted me 7 years. I just bought some new ones two weeks ago.

Angie's Spot said...

I'm so glad you all are feeling better! Time seems to fly whether we're having fun or not it seems. I have a pair of New Balance tennis shoes that have lasted me for 5 years and I love them! They still look brand new and I wear them somewhat frequently. I know your list seems crazy now, but just focus on the pot of gold at the end of your 3 week rainbow! :-) xoxo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm glad they've figured out Richard's pain regimen.

Yuck to the stomach bug; so I'm glad you all are feeling better!

21 days! Woo hoo!!

LarryG said...

praying for y'all in Hsv, AL

LarryG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh no....glad you all are better. My family and I passed that stomach stuff around twice last year....it was AWFUL!!!

kel said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your family is in my thoughts.

Kristen said...

Glad everyone is feeling better. And Shoot! I forgot to mail the cards. You are gonna have a blast at D-land! We have the Annual passports and go all the time. Maybe I'll see you...I'll look for the mommy and daddy in spankin new sneakers :) Don't forget they have water rides too. Don't want to ruin those new shoes. I usually wear comfy flip-flops.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm glad things seem to be getting better now!

Caroline said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad that Richard's pain is more managed now, and that you all are healthy enough to see him. One of my friend's little boys is in the hospital with dehydration from the stomach bug. Its definitely a nasty one.

Tam said...

Stopped by to say HI.

take care my friend and breath!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl you SO deserve this trip. Thank GOODNESS you all got sick BEFORE it arrives!

I'm glad everyone is feeling better and i hope Richard is out of the hospital soon!

The Mathews Family said...

glad everyone if feeling better. It's so good to have a fun trip like Disneyland to look forward to...y'all have a blast! Blessings,C.

The Mathews Family said...

glad everyone if feeling better. It's so good to have a fun trip like Disneyland to look forward to...y'all have a blast! Blessings,C.

Melissa said...

Oh my. We pray for Richard every night. Don't know how I missed this post.

I need to calender your exact dates. March 13th or 14th??? When will you be in Jax?

Marrdy said...

I'm glad to hear that Richards pain is being controlled better. And so sorry you and the boys have been so sick. Hopefully your 21 days will fly by and you will all be enjoying Disneyland!

Megan said...

Oh goodness! The sickies sound SO UNfun! Glad you're all feeling a lot better now!