Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Little bit of everything

Thank you all so much for the kind words, the prayers and the emails. I/we can't thank you enough.

Ya'll know how Jacob got tripped by the kid at School? Well apparently my sweet little boy has some nerve damage. Why you ask? Well because the rash that he has we found out today from the Doctor that he has the shingles. I am so not believing this. He is on about as much medicine as Richard is now. Poor little guy just hurts. He can't go to School for a week. Although Richard did go pick up his books and all of his assignments today. So maybe when he feels like it he can work on them some. He's having alot of pain and discomfort. Thank goodness for children's liquid lortab or I don't know what we would do.

Richard and I talked last night about our frustrations. All we know is that there is alot of uncertainty of what's going to happen as this continues to progress. It's not like there is someone that has gone through this and come back and said "hey this is how it's gonna be" I think that is the most difficult part for both of us. We love each other so much that it just hurts to know what we are facing is not going to go away. This is our life and this is how it is. If it wasn't for our Faith in God I don't know how we would continue with the day to day. He is the reason that we continue to have the strength to continue to put one foot in front of the other everyday and to keep moving forward no matter how scary it may be.

We have been married for almost 8 years and I am still head over heals in love with my husband. He is the strongest most wonderful man I have ever known. And as long as he lives I will continue to tell him this everyday and when he's gone I will make sure everyone I meet knows that a love like this really does exist and that I was privileged enough to experience it because these are and have been the best days of my life.

15 comments:

Lula! said...

This blessed me, Kori. I want you to know that.

And bless his heart...shingles. Sigh...I'm so sorry. Praying he's better very soon.

Susie said...

Poor Jacob! No wonder he was hurting so much!

I am glad you posted today or I would have sent you another email to check in with you. I have been praying and worrying and praying some more for you and Richard. I wish I could tell you how it was going to be. I really do.

You are so lucky to have found something so wonderfully special with him.

Love
Susie

Lady Dorothy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am still praying for you. I haven't commented lately, but I do pray for you.

I know you do, but cherish the love the you and Richard have. Whether or not they are few or many, the years you do have are more than some people ever have - married or not.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Kori-You are going to make me fall in love with Richard!

You know you are in my prayers...just today at "See you at the pole" I prayed for you guys!

I hope Jacob gets to feeling better soon. Poor momma with 2 sick boys/men to take care of!

LarryG said...

Every day, yes, every moment is truly a gift. You have just made that point so very very well!

-more prayers for y'all-

Rene said...

Praying for you still and always!!

God bless you sister -- this is a hard road and you are amazing!

Shelley said...

Kori,

I am so glad that you guys trust God. This would be so much different for you both if you didn't have Him in your lives.
I am so glad that you two are so in love. It really is a treasure and I'm glad you have it.
I feel so bad for your Jacob. I have heard that shingles is horribly painful for folks who have it.
We are praying for you and your family.

BBB said...

Thanks for the warning pooh bear...

I think about you guys SO often...

And... I just had a thought... that though it's NO FUN at all about the shingles... at least he gets to spend some extra time with his dad......

I love you KoriKins....

Kori said...

Words are so meaningless, but that is all I have; you are truly an inspiration to me, whether you know it or not. A day at a time-that's how you do it. Prayers as usual for ALL of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kori, this brought tears to my eyes. You are a wonderful wife to Richard.

And poor Jacob! That is horrible! HOpe his meds bring him some relief!

Gina said...

You know what?
NONE of us have tomorrow guaranteed, but it's not until we are facing a serious life threat that we acknowledge that life is short.
This is a lesson to live and love to the fullest with every minute we are gifted with- because we have no way of knowing that it isn't the last, no matter who we are!!!
You are such a blessing, Kori!
xoxoxo!!!

I'm sooo sorry your poor boy has shingles!!! What a BUMMER!!! poor little guy. :-(
Has the family of the injury-causing child been made aware of the extent of his childish prank?!?!

If it's not one thing, it's another, eh??

Keep us up-to-date!! We are here for you!!!!

Mom said...

you and your family amaze me Kori!

Tiffany said...

Kori, you are so amazing. I don't know how you do it, but in the process, you inspire me to do better.

I am just so sorry about your boy, poor guy.

Just know that your story is touching so many of us.

Melissa said...

You are such a blessing to me, Kori.
I prayed for Richard just last night.
You inspire me to be a better wife. I know I don't appreciate my husband near enough. You are an awesome example. Love you, sister!!!!!!

Debbie said...

I am humbled truly humbled. You are a living example of what it means to stand by your vows "in sickness and health." You are so much wiser than your years or than I will ever be Kori. You are a gift to your husband, to your boys, and to us. Thank you for sharing your heart so eloquently.