Monday, February 9, 2009

I need an outsider looking in

.Ok so I need some help. And I think you guys are just the ticket.

Early last year I decided to get all my hair chopped off due to seeing a girl at the Hospital that had this super cute haircut. So I went and had to convince my stylist to chop it all off. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. But she cut it off.


I was brave I didn't cry or anything. But when I got home hubby wasn't exactly over the moon with my new do. He likes it but he's never loved it.


So anyhow I need a haircut. But I kind of want to let it grow long again. So if I want to do that then I shouldn't get it cut but just lightly trim the ends off.


The boys don't like it short and my best friend doesn't like it either.


So this is where ya'll come in.


Look at the pictures below. Leave me a comment and let me know which you like better.


Don't look at the super goofy faces. Sometimes I like to take pictures of myself cause well I'm cool like that. HA Ok never mind just look at the hair. JUST the hair folks.


This picture just says "I am over the moon in love" don't you think so?



I really need that tan right about now. Phew look at all those freckles!




I know you're laughing with me on this one. Just look at the HAIR people!


Now for some short and sassy!

Cheesy!

Just me... I can't help that I'm cute.

Ok I need some opinions. I can take criticism. Just be a gentle.

69 comments:

Young Momma said...

I like both but prefer the longer. It makes you look younger. Shorter doesn't make you look old, though... I don't mean it that way! lol - it just makes you look more sophisticated.

Smoochiefrog said...

I think it looks better longer, but I'm partial to long hair.

Angie's Spot said...

Well, since I have gone short/long/short/long my entire life, I suppose that does make me an expert of sorts. LOL!

I actually prefer the short and sassy with the color highlights in varying shades. Sexy and chic! The long is cute, but it definitely makes you look younger.

Either way, you look like a million bucks!

Stephanie said...

Im with Angie! I love your short hair! I like your long hair too, you have gorgeous healthy long hair, but I think your short hair has pizazz!

Hccm said...

You look so pretty in both. Okay I like the long. No the short! I give up. You are pretty!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

BBB said...

The long is cute in a "high school" cute kind of way. The short is cute in a "young hot mom" kind of way.

BBB said...

HAVING said that.... I said I would NEVER let my "man" dictate my hair.

Uh...

Never say never.

Christy said...

I LOVE the short hair! It is sexy and sophisticated and it is EXACTLY what I wish my hair would do when I get it cut (I think mine is too thin to do that). I like long hair all right too, but I really really really like it short. But I guess your hubby has final say??

Trish said...

I'm w/ Lizzy. The long is cute.......as in 17-18 yr. old cute.

The short is HAWT and SASSY.

As a matter of fact, I think I'll show the picture of the short one to my stylist when I go in next week!

Funky Kim said...

I think I like your hair short and sassy. But I'm not your husband. And I really don't understand why men prefer long hair. I don't get it. My dh is the same way.

Lula! said...

Short and Sassy. So that your hair doesn't get in the way when I kiss you full on the mouth.

In a non-lesbian kind of way.

sharkiepatronus said...

I like the long hair better, but as everyone has said, the short and sassy is a good look too!

I think I may just be jealous of your amazing hair...

Britt said...

lol .. Lula ..

Okay, where were we?

Hair, right ..

I like them both. I wish my hair looked like yours! Mine's all curly puff puff when I cut it short. But whatev, my hair issues not yours.

So yeah, I like them both .. but I like the long. It does make you look younger. But the short makes you look sassy =-)

I've been no help, huh? I should have warned you .. I take someone with me to tell the stylist what to do. I'm THAT indecisive.

Megan said...

Honestly, I really like it both ways! But if you want to grow it long for a little change, go for it! =D

LarryG said...

length == options

but you have to make the call...

Sheryl said...

They are both great!! However, the long makes you look younger.

Oh I just read LarryG's comment. Great thought - that's why I like to keep mine at least shoulder length. Able to do the ponytail then!!

Mere said...

Both look SUPER cute on you :) I like the longer tho...the shorter is also a great look for you...I'm having a hard time deciding...hmmm....I vote longer!

Love, Mere

Elena said...

I'm going with the short crowd. It's so adorable on you. You look lovely with long too, but I think the short looks very "in".

Linda said...

Seriously Kori, you are super cute no matter what hair style you have. I love the long romantic hair, yet the short doo is very cute and sassy. Hey, have you ever tried one of those online virtual hair cuts? I did that once and spent an entire evening cracking myself up. And the next day when I went to the salon I told the gal, I'm here for something new, just trim the ends. LOL

Jane In The Jungle said...

I like the long, so why not trim and throw in some highlights like you did with the short?

Julie said...

I actually love them both, but it is up to you, so I am not help. Sorry. I say it is just hair and if your hubby and kids like it long, grow it out again and then later cut it again if you want. That is the beauty of hair you can change it up

Finding Normal said...

I love short and sassy, but I know my husband prefers mine long too. Too bad for him because my stylist just went way shorter than she usually does. oopsies. Anyway, I also like yours long. I think it makes you look younger, although that could be the goofy faces. LOL I say grow it out. You can always chop it off again.

ch said...

I think you look cute both ways. You should go with your gut and do what makes you happy no matter what anyone else thinks, they'll still love you.
Cindy

Kristin said...

I love the short and sassy version...makes you look like a
"hip" mom!

Krissi said...

I am having the same hair drama! I like the look of long hair but it seems when I do grow it out all I do is pull it back in a pony tail and it looks awful! Short hair hubbys not "over the moon" crazy about but I think it makes me look more "sassy" and makes me feel different (I know it's only hair but it does give me attitude I think)..... ugggg what to do??

Heather said...

No matter what, guys will always prefer longer hair. It's in their genes.

That being said, girl, you rock with short and sassy hair with highlights. The last picture, you are adorable!

Seriously, us bloggers know best.

Dawn said...

I think both are very cute on you. The only difference to me is that the shorter hair gives you a more adult (read older) appearance. Not old by any means. Just older. So, it just depends on what look you are going for...a more grown-up look (short) or a youthful look (long). Good luck deciding!

kel said...

Oh man, that's hard. I like them both! YOu have gorgeous hair!! what products do you use?? love it!!

that said, I think I like long.. maybe get it trimmed with some long layers???

Anonymous said...

I like the short, too. But I think it would look really good just a little longer than your short pictures - maybe just below your chin, rather than right at your cheekbones? That way it is not short0-short, but not long, either.

I think the short makes you look even more like the Hot Mom you are! My Hubby likes long hair, too. :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle. I always grow my hair long and then get it all cut off. I go thru that pattern about every three years. I'm long now and I look back at the short hair pictures and love it, and then it's always vice versa when it's long. I personally LOVE your hair short. It's very classy looking. The color is amazing. I'm a red a heart and it's always my favorite color to go with. What if you went a little bit longer but stayed with the same type of cut? As my husband tells me...your the one who has to fix it. :) note--- my husband loves mine long too, and when I cut it short, I just get that raised eyebrow look.

Melissa said...

Frankly, I love the short. Men love long hair. It's something in their DNA. You could be my twin with your hair the way it is now.....I love the short, but as my hubby keeps trying to convince me that "if a woman has long hair, it is her glory...." (1 Cor 11:15).
Why he got to go and get all scriptural like dat?
Still my hair remains in the stacked short cut.
I vote short.....:)

angi_b72 said...

i am going to have to go with the short...i like the short do!

Sweetly Single said...

The first picture is perfect!!

Amy said...

Both ways look great, but I would go with the longer version. It's all about how YOU feel with it, though. Good luck!

Avery Tales said...

I'm a short-hair gal myself and I really like your's short. You could always compromise and go for a shoulder-length look.

Joy said...

I love the short hair cut. Men always pick long hair.
You have great hair and it looks good both ways.
♥ Joy

Marrdy said...

I love it long. It's beautiful!

Shelley said...

Either way you are GORGEOUS!

I personally like the shorter bob, since it is the EXACT SAME CUT as mine! And I know from experience that with the shorter cut you are probably more likely to 'fix' it everyday...cause you have to...no way to pull it back in a ponytail!

Sophistical suits you girl!

Shelley said...

Grr...I meant to say 'sophistication' suits you!

Brandy said...

The longer hair makes you look younger - it's cute. The short hair is a little more sassy and makes you look more grown up. LOL!

I like them both and I hate to say it but if Richard likes it longer than grow it out for him - you can always cut it later.

MarciaBrady said...

I like both, but I think I like the longer better. But, I'm a long hair kinda gal...so, it really just depends on what you like.

I wish I had the guts to go shorter, but I just know that I wouldn't like it on me.

Devri said...

Kori I love you in your short hair.. I don't think it makes you look older, but then again. I would do what your hubby wants for now.

Devri said...

Kori I love you in your short hair.. I don't think it makes you look older, but then again. I would do what your hubby wants for now.

Anonymous said...

Let it grow, but find a new "in-between" length.

Anonymous said...

Let it grow, but find a new "in-between" length.

whoopsadasie said...

I am going to go with the majority...I like it short. For all the same reasons!!

Anonymous said...

I think the short cut is very flattering on you. If you prefer the longer look, however, let it grow shoulder length.

Jessica said...

I personally like the short hair, but I honestly think that either way it looks adorable.

The Blonde Duck said...

1st pic. Makes you look younger and can be styled in different ways so you don't get bored and aren't limited like short hair.

Come visit me at www.aduckinherpond.com.

Kelli said...

I like both, big help huh. My question would be though if you had it long, did you always style it or did it go in a pony like mine sometimes? if so I would go with the short. Because the long is nice but not if you dont wear it long (like me) I need to just cut mine off!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I really like the short and sassy! I think the longer hair makes you look much younger (like too young...but that's just me:)

Katey said...

I prefer the shorter hair cut...even though the hubby and boys like it longer. I actually think the longer hair makes you look too young (like little girly)! I think the kids get used to seeing you in a particular style and don't like the change! But of course you want the hubby to be happy too...but then again it's your hair ;)

Kensi said...

OK, let's get one thing straight....ALWAYS look at the person, then fit the hair to his or her needs. Sorry, had to tell you that. Now, let's talk...you have good hair - for flatter, vertical looks. You need slight volume in the top and sides, (above the ear area) reduce the volume below that. I would suggest avoiding vertical hair close to the eyes (your eyes turn down slightly) by having that cut back further (or tucking that hair away from your face). Avoid heavy bangs as this will shorten (therefore widen) the face. The basic idea of this short cut is good, tweak it, don't start over. If you look at the long hair pics you'll note the eyes appear to drag down. With your long hair, the volume is just at the widest part of your face, therefore that isn't the best look. The rule most stylists follow is that "oval" is the ideal shape. Everything we do in deciding cut and color placement is based on trying to create that oval look. If you think about Jennifer Aniston, (gorgeous girl) she is very wide at the back jaw line. Notice in her pictures, that her stylist keeps those areas hidden, there is rarely volume there and you don't see her with all of her hair pulled back from her face, exposing that area. You can certainly grow your hair a little longer, just below the jawline, halfway to your shoulders. (it is actually best if your hair isn't cut right to your jawline) Just remember that your volume needs to be above the ear. No bangs. No vertical lines near your face.
You can pass this on to your stylist if you want: The best training seminar we've ever been to was with Scruples Professional Salon Products. They are based near Minneapolis, Mn. We went to the Global Academy. (Number is 800-457-0016, web address scrupleshaircare.com ) Disclaimer: we are independent contractors for Scruples....but only became involved with the company after we went to the Global Academy, it was that fantastic! Please do not hesitate to email us if you have more questions. Let us know what you decide to do. Let everyone else know that they can send questions on Running with Scissors, or they can email us directly!!
Randy and Angie

Jenni said...

I am currently growing out my sassy short hair...so I think you should,too. LOL! Let's go through that annoying in between stage together!

Shannon said...

I like short & sassy!

Shane's the same way about liking long hair better... seriously, it has to be just something about men.

I'm actually thinking about getting my hair cut again... going a little shorter than what it is now...

WheresMyAngels said...

My husband hates my hair short, but he is going to have to deal with it as I don't have time for it to be longer.

Wear what feels good! You look good no manner what!

Valerie said...

I think you look good in short hair. But I understand about the hubby liking it long so does mine.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I am a long hair kinda girl, and I really like your long hair look.
You definitely ARE so cute!

Teri said...

Absolutely adorable haircut. It brings out your eyes.

Susie said...

I really like the short cute. The longer hair makes you look very, very young, which isn't a bad thing, but you are a young professional so you need to be more serious.

Aubrey said...

Oh girl, I have been through the short/long/short/medium phases and always come back to what I love and feel most sassy in! Short!
You look great in both BUT I'm partial to the shorter 'do!

Ann Harrison said...

How can I pick? With such a cute face both styles are great.
Maybe, with the longer style, have layers begin around the cheek bone, then again at the chin.
Cute either way!!!

Michele said...

You're so darn cute...it's hard to pick one. I love your long hair, but I like the short one too. I guess the long one wins!

Hugz,
Michele

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

I vote short! I think it suits you, and has a more polished look.

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

I vote short! I think it suits you, and has a more polished look.

Anonymous said...

I love it short, it's very very cute that way......and I love your pictures, you look like a fun person to know! God bless you!

Angela said...

I like it better longer, but it is lovely either way!

Michelle said...

I love the short haircut!

Fiauna said...

De-lurking to tell you that while I love the short do, I know that my husband prefers long hair. It sounds like yours does too. Long hair is feminine. It reminds the men that we are different, we are female and therefore sexy. So, while I like sassy bobs, I grow my hair long because when hubby thinks I'm sexy, then I do too.