Monday, November 3, 2008

Let Go, Let God

This is what I heard on Saturday while sitting around a table with 5 of the most amazing women I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Angie you are beautiful with the never ending smile upon your face that spreads like wild fire to the rest of us. I adore you and your willingness to try new things like Calamari. I knew I loved you when I seen the beautiful gold bag with the black lettering which read "Godiva" The love of Chocolate is only one of the many things we have in common.

Shannon just so you know I gladly will take that purse off your hands whenever you get tired of it. Hand-me-downs are always welcome here when it comes to purses. You are even more than I could have imagined. Your sweet persona is a wonderful attribute and I'm glad I got to experience it by sitting next to you while wearing a chocolate spoon on my nose. And the fact that you find Mike Rowe as sexy as I do makes you even that much more wonderful.

Kat if it wasn't for you, none of this would be possible. The fact that you are willing to open your home and your heart to us is beautiful. I now know that all my secrets are safe with you with your crazy mad skills in secret keeping. Thank you for always being there with a shoulder to cry on, a laugh to make me happy and a cell phone when I'm lost. You are AMAZING!

Lizzy my little Pumpkin. Me and you have been friends the longest. You always know the right thing to say to just make my day a little bit better. I thank you Lizzy for just being you and for always just... being. Essie and Gert are growing up to be beautiful girls just like their Mother. You have a lot to be proud of with those two and Mr. B is a very lucky man to have such an amazing lady in his life.

Lula. The person who said those words without even knowing what I was thinking when I heard them. Let Go, Let God. Ever since I heard those 4 words I have thought alot about what they mean. I needed to be reminded to Let Go of the things I cannot change, and to Let God carry my ever so heavy burdens. There are days when I feel like I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders with everything that is going on in my heart, in my life, in my family. My Faith and Love for God is strong and I know that he doesn't give us more than we can bare. But sometimes we all need a reminder to continue to Let Go, Let God. Lula you were my reminder. Thank you.

Please remember us today in prayer as we go to the Hospital for Richard to have another scan and to hear what the Doctor has to say. With him stopping treatments I constantly remember what the Doctor first told us when Richard first got diagnosed again. Without treatment 8 months to a year. That sentence rings through my head. And as we celebrate holidays like Halloween and our upcoming Anniversary on the 6th as well as all the Holidays and Birthdays that are coming up I can't help but think, is this our last one of this together? How do I fit a lifetime of memories into 8 months to a year? How do I savor all the things I love so very much about him, his voice, his smell, his touch, How? How will I go on without him? How will we go on wihtout him?

I just want my How's and Why's to have answers.

34 comments:

Louisa Claire said...

Sorry to have been offline for awhile. Back now and catching up. Saying a prayer for you and wishing I could change it all...God Bless.

Betty said...

You will be in my prayers! I feel with you!

I have left you something at my blog today. I sincerly think you deserve it.
Thank you for doing the Santa Shindig!

Mere said...

I keep up with your blog, but don't post comments often. You are in my prayers! Keep us updated!

~Mere

Kristin said...

In answer to your How's and Why's: God will give you the strength. He will sustain you with his grace. You will be upheld in prayer by all of those who love you! You will have the love of your boys (all three) to carry you through! As well as the love of all your blog-land friends!

Unknown said...

Believe and let god answer those questions for you. He has the answers and the knowledge beyond us. Thinking of you and your family! Prayers today and always!

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had such a good time in atlanta and have had the opportunity to make such good friends!!

I will be praying for you and Richard today!!

Shelley said...

Being the oddball that I am, I love to live vicariously through you girls and your little get togethers, so please keep em coming.
I will say a prayer for you and for Richard today.
I don't have the words to express the ache that I feel for you and your children.
Know that we are thinking of you and praying and loving you.

Becky D said...

You are so strong and so amazing! Will be praying for you today as you let go and let God.

Valerie said...

Praying for you today...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Your title needs to be "Let Go, Let God and grab a tissue."

Oh, Kori, I had such an amazing time on Saturday - and I am so glad that you all decided to come back and hang out on the porch. And let us find the correct way to hold a cup. And let us for the Mommy Blabbers club. And I am so sorry that I didn't get all the pictures to you in time for your post. You should have yelled at me to get going with it and that you needed it for today. I am a lazy slacker :-)

And for today...I am praying. Praying for you and for a kitty. And for you some more. I'll be by my phone.

Dawn said...

It's nice that you got together with some bloggy friends.

I am praying for you all.

Angie's Spot said...

Aw Kori, my tears flow because my heart bursts with admiration and affection for you and the trials that your family is enduring right now. I know we're "new" friends, but please know that I think you're awesome and if there's anything that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to drop hints. It was so great meeting you in person and I'm looking forward to the next rowdy meeting. Sending lots of healing zen to you guys this morning. xoxo

Lula! said...

Most of the time I need to shut my yaps. Seriously, I rarely say anything of importance. And I even get on my own nerves.

But "Let go, let God" is something I repeat often, every day. I have to constantly remind myself that it's not about me, I'm not in control, and I have Him to lean on. Always.

And you know I'm praying for y'all...today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year...

p.s. Dang Kori...I'm all, "Look at Kori and the cake-covered spoon!" and you're all serious and heartfelt. You are my hero. Sigh...

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

I just wanted to let you know that you and your family will be in my prayer today as you go to the dr's.
M

Wep said...

Sending lots of prayers your way!!!

Shannon said...

(I agree with Kat... where was the tissue warning?)


Saturday was awesome and so much fun! I cannot wait for the next Mommy Blabbers meeting! Seriously, when we get it scheduled, I'll be "X"ing off the days on the calendar. You, Lula and Lizzy are exactly as I pictured... and I mean that in a good way!


My thoughts and prayers are with you... today especially. Please let me know if there is ANYthing I can do...

LarryG said...

Do take lots of video, pictures, voice recordings, have him read some of your favorite books...
When you have a choice, choose time together, that is the best choice!
Prayers for y'all!

Linda said...

Kori,
What amazing words of wisdom ... Let Go, Let God ...

Some how, some way, even amongst all the "whys and hows", God finds ways to bless you. My prayer for you and your family is that you receive strength, comfort and many, many blessings.

Gina said...

Kori, just enjoy each day- don't think about any "deadlines" on Richard's life... he may continue to surprise!! He has a loving family and a lot of support and no one can know what his future is...
I agree- take tons and tons of pictures and videos and make memories galore. LarryG had some great advice!!
God is bigger than any of this- and He will provide everything you need, exactly when you need it.
Loving you, girl!!! xoxoxo!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

kori,

I am new to blogging but learned of you through Angie and Shannon. I have been followiing your story for a little bit.
Lula is so right Let Go, Let God. HE is beside you always walking along with you, crying with you, smiling with you, and holding you on the days you can't make it alone.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Richard and the boys.

Elena said...

Best of luck at the doctor. I'll be thinking of you and your family all day.

Kori said...

Sometimes there is no answer, and the goal is to live each day as fully as possible. None of us have a guarantee, sweetie, and sometimes it just sucks-but you are beautiful and strong and faithful, and you will ALL find beauty in these days-wether that is 8 months or 8 days or 8 years.

Brandy said...

You are so much stronger than I could ever be...It tears me up just thinking of the what if's and how's for YOU.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it's like for you but know that I'm thinking of you and your family.

~On a lighter note I love the pic of you and the spoon.~

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Prayers for you guys today during your tests and meetings with the doctors.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kori, I was having a shitty day and then I go and read your blog and I am reminded of how unimportant some of these day to day stressers are. You have reminded me to STOP...SMELL THE ROSES. To enjoy each and every moment. To live life. To love often. You all as a family will make this the BEST Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and anniversary ever. I have faith. Love you girl.
(p.s. email me ANY time: April1212r@aol.com)

Susie said...

I was reading the responses before I put mine down. There are so many good answers to the How's and Why's. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow, but we are guaranteed forever. Live each day like it is the last, make each moment a memory. Don't think of how much time you don't have, but how much can you put into the time. You have so many people who are here for you. When you don't think you can make it another day, let us know, we can give you all the reasons why you can.

Emily said...

May God bless ALL of you. I pray for you everyday and send love to your family.

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ my heart breaks for you. I will be continuing to pray for you and your family.

Hugz,
Michele

Kelli said...

Ohhhhh as many prayers as I can send I am! Hang in there. Sorry you have to go through this.

Avery Tales said...

I'm just reading your post. I have just said a prayer for you and I will continue to lift you up. I'm wondering if we were at the same hospital today??

Michelle said...

Loved your review of the lunch date. Wonderful!

Praying for you and your family. I have heard alot about all of you from my sister (Heather, This is the Day).

Thoughts, love, and prayers.

Rhea said...

I'm so jealous to have missed out on this blabber's meetup. I need to make the next one!!

I think you need a necklace (like Kat's DERFY GRAVITY) that says LET GO, LET GO!

BBB said...

I wish I could do so much more pumpkin, but if the best I can do is give you a chance to laugh and have fun, I'll take it...

Love ya pumpkin!

Heather said...

Kori, you are amazing. Your faith, your strength, your ability to balance a chocolate covered spoon on your nose...amazing.

I wish I could've been there to meet you. And the rest of the gang. Maybe someday.

Please know you and your family are in my prayers. For healing, for acceptance, for strength and peace.