Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update

So here I sit at my computer with my two boys eating dinner behind me.

There's laughter and chit-chatter.

Why does it still feel so empty here?

Because Richard is in the Hospital 20 miles away. I miss him terribly already. Even knowing that I will see him tomorrow still doesn't make it any better.

Today at the Doctor we learned that the cancer is 25% worse than it was a month and a half ago. The Doctor felt as though the pain Richard has been experiencing is Chronic. It will only get worse.

This isn't a virus or a cold that will only come with seasons. There is NO getting better. This is our life.

Therefore the Doctor put Richard on a pain patch which he is now receiving while in the Hospital. We hope this gives him relief. As sitting up straight here lately has even been a chore for him. Simple things like walking make the pain worse. This is just the beginning of what's to come I'm afraid.

Hopefully the pain patch will do what it is supposed to and we can all have a wonderful time at Disney with long-lasting memories.

Thank you all for your prayers today and every other day. Also I got a couple of emails about wanting to send Richard a card while he's in. He would love that. If any of you would like to do this as well. Please let me know by sending me an email to cferswife@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to give you our address.

God is our strength, our rock, our peace. We lean on him in our weakest times. We don't understand but we trust Him. He loves us, holds us and leads our way down these paths.
We follow his lead... always.

49 comments:

Christy said...

I was thinking about you all day today. I hope the pain patch works better than expected...

Aspiemom said...

Oh, I am so sorry for what you are going through! What a hard thing. I hope that the patch helps Richard's pain. I wish they had a patch for yours, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I will continue to pray that the pain patch is able to control his pain, and that your Disney trip is everything you want it to be and more. Hugs!

Tracy said...

Hi Kori,
I do hope the pain patch brings Richard some relief and I do hope y'all are able to have a great trip to Disney and make some great memories.
Sorry he isn't home with y'all right now ... he's my neighbor for now, wish him or Molly neither one had to be in the hospital. :-(
When Steve comes this weekend ... and if Tiff or someone comes to sit with Molly we may walk over and see Richard for a minute.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. You've been in my thoughts. I feel so bad for Richard's physical pain and your associated emotional pain.

Young Momma said...

I know there isn't any "getting better" but I do hope he gets well enough to be home with you soon. I can tell you that it might take more than one patch, but the patches are supposed to work wonders. My mom was on them when she had cancer and I have a few friends/family members who are on them for other types of chronic pain.

Happy healthy thoughts and prayers with you all.

Lula! said...

You know I am praying. I know you know, but I wanted to remind you. Because I love you. And want to kiss you in a non-lesbian way.

Linda said...

Gentle hugs and many more prayers for Richard. Hope the pain lets up ... I'm looking at your Disney calendar ... not too more many days to go before your trip. Hope he's finding some relief and will be home soon.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I sit to try to think of something to say....there is nothing. I am fighting this battle of cancer also..and it is awful, no fun for me, and even worse I think for my caregiver, my husband. I pray he will be able to come home to you tomorrow and that the patch works wonders.

Graciy said...

I am so sorry you have to go through this! What you are going through is what I know I have a head of me someday and your strength brings tears to my eyes. I can say I'll pray and truly I will but I know that won't make the pain go away. I am thankful that you have your blog. It gives us all hope.

Megan said...

I'm so sorry. Prayers that the pain patch helps give him some relief. My continued prayers are with you all. (((HUGS)))

Joy said...

I'm praying along with the others that Richard will get relief from the pain and be able to come back home soon.
Grace and Peace,

Joy

Kristin said...

Kori: I have no words. Praying for you and all of your boys!

Angie's Spot said...

I just don't know what to say. I wish I could take the pain away. I'm praying for a magical Disney trip for you guys. Love ya sista.

Devri said...

Kori, my heart breaks for you, but I am glad he is getting that patch, my husband had it when he had his cancer, it helped. hopefully it will help him so that he can enjoy his time in Cali. My prayers go towards him and your family in this time of your life.

Michelle said...

Praying for you, Kori, I'm sorry I haven't commented in so long, I just feel at a loss as to what to say. Sending hugs your way. In His Love, Michelle

Kelli said...

Hugs and Prayers always and forever!

Katey said...

Sorry about the scan results! I'm praying the pain patch works! I was up there visiting Brandi Thorpe today....and will be up there next week...so maybe I'll drop by one day and say hey to Richard if he is feeling up to it! I'll be praying all goes well! Let me know if you need anything! Love ya!!

Lisa said...

I try to think of something to say, but there are no words for the pain you are going through and the pain Richard is experiencing.

I am sorry and I know that our Lord will hold you up during this time and in the times to come.

Praying that the pain patch makes a difference in his quality of life.

Lisa Q

Megan said...

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

BBB said...

I'm so sorry Pooh-Bear, Korikins. I love you so much and I would do just about anything to take this from you. I can't... so I promise to walk right beside you every step of the way. To hold you up when you need it and to cry next to you when you need that, and to wonder why a boy with short hair needs multiple headbands.

Brandy said...

I hope that the pain patch works like it should. You guys deserve to have a fabulous, worry-free time at Disney. And Richard deserves some relief.

I will continue to pray for you. And I'd love to send Richard a card...just email me the address. Anything little thing I can do to raise his spirits.

Dawn said...

(((Hugs))) I will continue to pray for you.

Stephanie said...

I have been waiting all day to read this post!!

I really hope that the patch works! He definetely needs some relief! I will continue to always have your family in my prayers always

Love you

Tiffany said...

I am keeping that love of yours in my thoughts and prayers... I need to come hang out in the South and see some of you people!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh I hope the patch brings much needed relief now, during and after Disney. Praying for ya'll!

Jennifer said...

I found your blog through a prayer request. I am so sorry for what your precious family is going through! I will be praying....especially for that trip to Disney!

Blessings,

Jennifer

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

My prayers are with y'all. I hope this is a huge help so that he can get every bit of enjoyment from Disney that he (and you all) deserve!

Julie said...

I am so sorry Kori, my heart aches for you all and I pray the pain patch helps.

Michelle said...

Praying for you and your family. Tell Richard to fell better so you all can get to see the Mouse. That will make him feel better!

Krissi said...

Kori,

Your family will continue to be in my prayers, God can work miracles!! All my love and support :)

CaraBee said...

Hugs and prayers, Kori.

Becky said...

I am so sorry! I can't even imagine what you must be going through. We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Deborah said...

I came over from Angie's twitter. My prayers are with you. My husband had colon cancer 2 years ago and has some chronic pain from the side effects of the chemo. No matter what happens....God will always be faithful and He will never leave you.

BTW - I love your haircut. Wish I was brave enough to cut mine that short, but this is the longest mine has been since I was a little girl. And I love the music you shared.

LarryG said...

Definitely lifting y'all up.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I sure hope that patch works and this is a short trip.

Prayers for you guys!

Just me said...

I really hope the pain management plan will work for Richard. You guys are always in my prayers.

Stacey

Mere said...

I hope the pain meds work!
I will continue to pray for y'all!

Love, Mere

Gran said...

Praying for Richard's healing and for strength and peace for you and the boys.

Michele said...

Oh Kori, I'm praying for you and hoping that Richard gets some relief from the patch. Please email me an address because I would very much like to send him a little card. Take care girlfriend...

Hugz,
Michele

whoopsadasie said...

Kori,

I too am at a loss for words...just know that we love you and are remembering you and your family in our prayers. Keep the faith!

Britt said...

Oh, Kori .. I almost have no words. I'm sorry, and I'll keep praying. That the pain patch gives him relief. That your trip to Disney goes off without a hitch. That you all feel that over-powering peace even in the middle of the crazy storm you are going through.

Hugs and Kisses, baby!

Marrdy said...

Sorry to hear that Richard is in the hospital. You will be (as always) in my prayers. I hope you are able to find comfort.

Ronda's Rants said...

I am so sorry...I don't have any words...know you are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Kori, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope Richard is getting some relief.

Rhea said...

Oh, sweet Kori, I'm so sorry.

Grand Pooba said...

I am so sorry to hear about your huband's pain has worsened. I can't help but suggest you read this book I am reading. Who knows, you may have already read it, but it's changed my life and maybe it will change yours. It's called The Secret, you should pick it up!

KatBouska said...

Here from SITS...I'm so sorry. I'm praying too...at the very least that your husband will find some relief from the pain he's in. So miserable. And at the very most that he will wake up tomorrow completely cured.

Amy said...

Here from SITS sending my hugs.