Monday, February 2, 2009

Just when things are looking up...

WHAM!!!!


So things have been going along pretty well here lately. With everything... work, boys, Richard and I. Ya know it seemed like things were "normal" somewhat.

But all good "normal" things must come to an end I suppose.

Richard hasn't been feeling all that great for a few days. I've noticed, but when I would ask he would just brush it off as nothing or my favorite excuse "it's just the weather."

I knew better. Ya know us wives... we know.

Anyhow my honey's CF has been flaring up but not enough for him to have to go in just yet. Although I am sure a Hospital visit is in our near future before we leave to go to Disney.

It's the Cancer end of things that seem to be causing my Mr. Wonderful some new troubles. He's having a little bit more pain here recently. And he is having what he calls an indescribable feeling in his lower abdomen. Like a pulling or tugging sensation. It's not comfortable for him.

He called the Oncologist office today and he goes in to see them tomorrow at 1:20. And then they will determine if he needs a scan. They'll probably do some routine blood work and such.

I have never known anyone in my life more in tune with their body than Richard. He knows when something is wrong. He knew he had Cancer 3 months before the Doctors did. He just knows when things are wrong with him.

We have read a lot and been told a lot about his cancer and we know that as it progresses it produces a thick fluid type substance that fuses things together. Such as intestines, organs and such. Richard feels as though this may be what is happening. But we don't know that yet. Staying positive.

God still has His plan. His love is greater than any I have ever known.

I trust Him. My Faith will not faulter.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Ok God I'm trying... I'm trying. Love you,

39 comments:

Oma aka Meme said...

Praying for you and dear hubby- and sending soft hugs- Meme

Avery Tales said...

I'm sorry that he's feeling rough. I'll be saying prayers for no major changes.

Christy said...

praying as always for you and yours....

Doran & Jody said...

I am so sorry you have to go through this. Hugs and prayers coming your way!!

Louisa Claire said...

I am so sorry to hear this Kori. going to pray...keep us posted.

Megan said...

I'm really sorry! My prayers will be with you all!!

(and I've so been slacking on getting around to the blogs and so I'm just now seeing you got a makeover! LOVE IT!! That's a great family picture at the top! =) )

Michelle said...

Kori, I love that verse from John. Praying for you girl. Someday it will all make sense to you why you are on this journey. It may be next week it may be 10 years from now, but one day, you will know. Stay strong.

Linda said...

Stay strong, I'm still praying for you all.

Finding Normal said...

Praying for you!

MarciaBrady said...

I'll keep it in my prayers for a good report!

Stephanie said...

Aww honey, I will be praying for you! Please let me know as soon as you know something! Love you all much!

And I dont know when you changed your layout, its beena couple of days since ive been by, but it is SO cute!! I LOVE IT!

Sweetly Single said...

I'm praying for you guys

Heather said...

Aww, I totally agree with Michelle on this one (you know, "Heathersister").

Keep the faith, girlfriend. I know you are; you and Richard are utterly amazing.

Krissi said...

{{HUGS}} I will be keeping you, Richard and your sweet boys in my prayers. Please post as soon as you have some news!

Britt said...

Praying, lovely..

Gina said...

Sigh.
Praying for you and your beautiful family.
Much love, Kori. Much, much love!

Dawn said...

I hope he gets to feeling better quickly. I am praying for you both. God knows you are trying, and He is very proud of you. I just know this to be true! :-) (((Hugs)))

Sheryl said...

Our faith really is tested in those tough moments! I'd rather not be tested but for some reason God knows the value.

Praying.

Unknown said...

Praying for your husband and family.

Mere said...

I'm still praying for y'all! I have faith things will look up, my dear!

Love, Mere

Shannon said...

I've been MIA from here lately... and I'm sorry for that.

You're in my daily prayers... saying a special one for you and Richard now... hoping for the best when he goes to the doctor tomorrow...

Love you.

WheresMyAngels said...

Praying for Richard and you all.

BBB said...

Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Tiffany said...

Thinking of you every day.

Sending tons of love, hope and strength.

Kristin said...

Praying for you and your family, friend!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, and keeping you in my prayers.

Elena said...

Oh that's not fun at all. Not at all. Hope Richard can get some relief and that you Disney trip isn't thwarted by all of this. Sending you thoughts of encouragement!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You know you all are in my prayers. I hope he gets some comfort from the doctor.

Susie said...

Praying for you with all my heart.

Julie said...

I am praying you get some answers before Disney and that it is NOTHING serious... hang in there, we ARE praying!

Valerie said...

As always, praying for you.

Betty said...

You are always in my prayers Kori, and I hope you have the strength to master this situation, one more time. Take one day at a time!

sharkiepatronus said...

I have no words, but many prayers!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Tender mercies to you.

LarryG said...

Asking our lord to take you in those loving arms and surround with grace. And may the angels of heaven watch over each step along your paths.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Praying for the best.

Angie's Spot said...

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way for some good news, and soon!

Kristen Andrews said...

Kori you are such a strong woman, my thoughts are prayers are always w/ you.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm behind in checking in....but I'm reading through, trying to catch up.....and know that even if I haven't stopped by recently that you and Richard and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers.