Today didn't start off so good for my honey.
They put him on the pain patch yesterday afternoon. Apparently there was an issue with the Pharmacy getting it up here. So he was taking Lortab before they finally were able to get it.
Anyhow this morning my hubby had the worst bout of nauseousness he has ever experienced. He didn't actually throw-up but he has had that yucky feeling all day.
They took him off the patch and now he is on Oxycontin.
This has been one pain medicine roller coaster. Tonight as I sit here in this Hospital room, he is feeling a little better. His eyelids are pretty heavy and he keeps itching. Which is to be expected.
I had plans of getting take-out from somewhere and coming up here to have our little Valentine's dinner. But with him not feeling up to par we decided against it.
Although I did ask if there was anything he would like to have.
His response was Oreo's (of course) and Key-Lime pie. So I ran to Wally World and got my hubby his goodies.
He enjoyed it. Don't ya think?.
6 months ago











34 comments:
Kori, I was just thinking of you guys, wondering how Richard has been feeling. Sorry to hear he is having a difficult time with the pain meds. Keeping you in prayer.
Hmm...I'm sure he enjoyed the goodies. Not so sure about the picture, though!
Sorry the pain meds are so wishy-washy. I hope things cool down a bit for you.
Happy Valentine's Day Kori!
And you are right nothing says I love you like Key Lime Pie! It is Sooo good :)
Hope you get to feeling better soon Richard!
Happy V-Day to both of you!
Hope the pain eases soon!
Prayers!
HAppy Valentine's Day!! Hope his pain is getting better soon!!
I think Oreo's and Key Lime Pie are the perfect Valentine's Day sweet! Thinking of you and Richard!
Nice food combination, sounds yummy! Happy Valentine's Day!
Give that man all the Key Lime pie and Oreos he wants!
Hope he feels better soon. Only 26 more days. Woo Hoo.
Happy Valentine's Day, Kori. I do hope that the pain med situation is all worked out.
Stopping by from SITS.
Praying for healing and strength... for all of you!
Found your blog through SITS! I will be praying for your hubby, your kiddos and of course YOU!!
Jen
i popped on over from SITS...i too will be praying for you ...keep pressing on
OHH I love Key Lim Pie too...what a nice treat to have in the hospital.
Keeping you guys in our prayers and holding you up in love and thought.
Personally, I kinda think Key Lime Pie makes everything just a little better...well except the deficit. *lol*
BTW, your boys are beautiful. What a gorgeous family you have.
Sorry to hear Richard ddn't have a good day yesterday, hope today is MUCH better.
I had wanted to go over and visit him yesterday BUT I got up yesterday morning, took my shower, put on my cute pink sweater for Valentine's day got my jeans on and thought Ughhhhh (cause I just hate jeans)! So you know what I did? I took those jeans off, put on some comfy black pj pants and didn't go anywhere yesterday.
Molly's best friend (Penni) came up to visit yesterday, also Tiffany and Dustin came up.
Listen, Steve is still here, he'll be leaving sometime today though but anyways he'll probably be running out and grabbing us something before he does leave town, is there anything y'all need??? Let me know if you do and I'll get Steve to grab it for you, I'm serious, we don't mind at all....
Do you have my cell number with ya? You can email me tracymichelle70@hotmail.com and I'll give it to you.
You all take care and you're in our thoughts and prayers,
Love
Tracy
Kori, we've never "met" but I just wanted to say hello and God bless as I read your story on SITS.
Key lime pie is a nice treat!
It must be hard having him in the hospital. But I hope he is getting some relief from the pain.
Hi Kori!
Just came over from SITS and wanted to send a great big bear hug from my family to yours!
Hospitals suck. Cancer sucks.
Thankfully their is always our Father in Heaven and Key-lime pie to make each day bearable.
We'll be praying for you.
BlogBaby
I come over from SITS. To give lots of hugs. I hope your family is doing okay.
This is the first time I've visited your blog. You are an amazing strong women for everything thing you're going through but still have a strong spirit. You're family is in my prayers!
I'm here from SITS. This is my first time on your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I will keep your family in my prayers.
Blessings to you.
Praying that the pain med situation pans out. And for Richard to be out and feeling better.
<3
That's how I like to be told I love you!
Hope he is feeling better soon...I pray you can have your wonderful vacation with no delay!
You're a good woman, Ms. Kori! I hope you and your hubby had a happy Valentines' Day!
- Leslie, a SITSta
coming over from SITS, just to let you know you are in my prayers.
Stopping over from SITS to show your family some love. Keeping you in my prayers.
Sorry Richard's not feeling the best right now, but key lime pie sounds fantabulous! I'm sure it hit just the spot. =) Continued prayers for your family!
Over from SITS to send hugs ans well wishes with aloha.
HI, Kori...just dropping by from SITS. My prayers are with you and your family.
Ah ... key lime pie is super duper big time love! Hope the pain meds get straightened out and Richard is finding some relief. Still in my prayers.
Kori and Richard -
Oh - I am thinking about you two right now. I pray for strength and comfort for you.
Yummy! That sounds like even though it wasn't a perfect Valentine's Day, it sounds like it was special anyway!
Lady, I was thinking about you on Valentines day .. actually, the video on my blog? I sent a prayer up for you two just before I recorded it. I didn't remember until now ..
Key Lime Pie and Oreos sound divine! I hope they find a pain med that gives him more relief than grief! I'll be putting cards in the mail soon.... Hugs!!
Hmm, Oreos and Key Lime Pie...yummy! Hoping that today is a better day. xoxo
Post a Comment