I am so bummed out right now. I have already turned in my vacation days and got them approved. But do to our financial situation it doesn't look like I'll be making it to Florida. We just have so much going on this month. The boys have to be registered for School and Jacob's dues are almost 200 bucks. Plus the whole book of school supplies I have to buy as well as a new warddrobe and shoes and all that stuff. (I REALLY NEED A VACATION) I am trying to be optimistic about it and think maybe something will change. But my realistic side is just really upset.
I haven't seen my Dad, friends or the beach in almost 3 years. And with everything that has and is going on with our family I feel like we really need and deserve this vacation. I have cried but of course that hasn't solved anything. I was so excited about going but right now unless we have a miracle arise it just doesn't look possible for us to go.
I'll keep praying for a miracle because my vacation starts in 9 days. If no miracle should happen guess I'll just turn my vacation time back in (if they will let me do that) and work. Cause I sure don't want to waste 6 vacation days just sitting at the house. Ugh I am so FRUSTRATED!
6 months ago











8 comments:
Oh DANG it - I'm so sorry. I'm gonna be praying for something to happen so that you can go.
I'll be praying for you to find a way to make it! Still take those days, you've got them...maybe you can find some free stuff to do so you aren't stuck at the house.
I'll be praying for a miracle for you too....if anyone deserves a vacation...its you and your family!!!!
I totally hear your frustration and disappointment; I really hope something happens to enable you to go!
Good morning Kori,
Ohhhh I'm sorry to hear the news about "no vacation". You all deserve it so much! Wish I had tons of money, I'd sure send y'all on. Ohhhhh to win the lottery, I think I'd spend it all on friends, etc. instead of myself.
I know what you mean about wanting to get away. We had planned to go to the beach also, last summer we didn't get to because Molly was in the hospital most all of the summer. Well recently we have decided just to take my inlaw's camper to the river here for vacation instead of going to the beach, because we really don't have the money either. Between Molly's bday in Aug., School starting in Aug., 4 car tags all to be renewed in Aug, My oldest daughter getting married in Sept, $$$$$$$
I wish the camper we're using was ours, I would sure loan it to you guys!
I do pray something comes up and you get to go.
Tracy
I understand completely. We have not done a vacation going on 5 years. Plus this summer with the GAS prices...who can afford to do anything. GEEZ! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! O yeah I keep stalking to see what your NEW blog is going to look like. I know it will so so so ROCK!
I hear you. We are in the same situation, but I took 3 weeks! Can you imagine 3 weeks with a rude, grouch? Me either. I am gong to find something local to do with K even if it means sleeping at home each night. Maybe you can do something like that. How about a short camping trip?
Take 1/2 of the time you have put in (if they let you turn some back in) and just use it to do some fun stuff with the boys and hubby. You don't have to leave your town to be able to enjoy each other. Yes - you wanted to go to Florida and maybe that will still happen but if you turn it all back in - you will be more frustrated than you are now. Take the time for YOU!!!! Work on some projects around the house so you get those completed. Take the family bowling. Go fishing somewhere. Build a camp fire in the driveway (if you don't live right in town and have have a fire). There's lots of things you can do - don't just sit at home and feel sorry for yourself - take the time and enjoying being a family!!! Maybe that is what God wants you to do. There is always a bigger plan than we realize. My family decided that last summer. We fought and fought to get our annual camping trip planned and organized. Nothing was coming together but we forced it. We got our camp sites set up (which for me is a 10 man tent!) and organized - grabbed a light dinner late - was in the bathhouse taking showers and got NAILED by a really bad storm - lost 2 poles on my tent - my mom's camper was drenched - ended up with 7 kids in my tent - I ended up with no blanket and using a towel to keep warm becuase everything was wet so the dry stuff went to the kids. I was dripped on all night long. We had no electricity - couldn't swim because of ecoli in the lake and it was in the 90's - had to use porta-potties... I could go on - it was just HORRIBLE!!!! We packed up and went home the next day because ANOTHER storm came through that evening. We decided to chuck it for this year. We're not fighting to go - obviously - were weren't supposed to go.
Post a Comment