Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prayers please

Ok so I know you all want details of my vacation and I promise I will get to that and post some pictures in the next couple of days. Probably will be closer to the weekend when I have a little bit more time.

Anyways I just wanted to ask that you please pray for my Dad. My Dad can be very hard headed at times. He hasn't been to see a Doctor in over 20 years. But the week before we got down there for our vacation he finally went. He noticed that he felt full all the time and his weight has gotten down to 151 pounds. Well the Tuesday that we were there the Nurse called and said that she needed him to come in first thing Wednesday morning that the blood work on his liver came back high. So he couldn't eat anything after 8:30 that night and had to be at the Doctor's office early the next morning. He went and they drew more blood.

Well yesterday was his visit with the Doctor. All that was really said was that my Dad's liver enzymes are extremely high but he doesn't have Hepatitis. The Doctor didn't really say what it could be, he wants to wait until all the test come back. So today my Dad is having a CAT scan and then Thursday he has to go for an Echo Cardiogram because he has a heart murmur which he has known about for several years. Just please pray that whatever it is that it's nothing serious and it can be treated. Pray for me also as it is hard being an only child and living so far away. If it is where my Dad is going to need care I will have no choice but to take a leave of absence from my job so I can go down there and stay with him. This will be difficult for me as well as Richard and the Boys. But we have a great support system here.

Also I have an update on Richard. The Oncologist called yesterday and it appears from the Pathology report that the Antibody drug they want to use to slow the progression of his Cancer will work. So he will start that in August. Please pray for him as the side effects for this drug are about as bad as the ones from the Chemo. If this doesn't work Richard has decided he isn't going to do any more Chemo. It is just taking too much of a toll on his lungs for him to keep doing it.

Thanks in advance for the prayers.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Our family is keeping yours in our prayers. May you find the strength to keep thinking positive. Have faith.

BBB said...

Oh sweetie... so much on your shoulders. I will definetly be praying for all of you.

Kori said...

WE will add you to our nightly list.

Anonymous said...

From one only child to another - hang in there. I understand how you feel. WIll keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, honey, when it rains it pours! :-( I hope everything turns out well with your Dad. I'm going to be wishing and hoping and praying!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope they can figure out what is wrong with your father...and that Richard goes through the next treatment with east. I will be praying for you guys.

Tam said...

Sending you my thoughts and prayers too.

Susie said...

Your dad is definitely in my prayers. I am glad to hear the new drug should work for Richard. I pray for all of you daily. I hope your dad's tests come back as nothing serious. Chin up, one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for all of your special men!