Not much going on here today. Same old stuff. It's the end of the month though and things are slightly hectic.
Richard and I were talking earlier and he was talking about that new drug Erbitux that he starts on the 11th. He's been doing some research on the Internet (which when you know you have something like Cancer the Internet is not always a useful tool) Anyways I think he is a little concerned and alot worried. The side effects are a little worse than the ones from the Chemo he was doing. Also 100% of patients that do this drug develop and acne like rash over their entire body. Which is not something Richard is looking forward to as it can be painful.
I don't know how long he will be doing these treatments I guess it mainly depends on how long he can tolerate them and if the next scan shows that it's working. Again this is not a cure it's just another tool to buy us more time.
I have to admit sometimes I wish he wouldn't do the treatments because like right now he is feeling pretty good. But I know that, that is fixing to change as soon as he starts. But then on the other hand I want as many days with him as God feels the need to give us. I just hate for him to suffer and to feel bad and to not be able to do anything. I love him , I just love him.
No real word on my Daddy yet. They are sending him for more test on the 12th of August. How fitting right? Richard starts new treatment on the 11th, Dad has more test on the 12th, Boys start school on the 13th. August is already not looking like such a good month.
One last thing. I really like my job and the people I work with, I really do. But a new job opportunity has opened up. It's in the same area of the Hospital I'm in now just in a different department. I have been talking it over with Richard, friends and some fellow employees. But I just can't decide if I want to move or not. Of course I would have to go through the whole application process and interview I suppose. It's not guarantee that they would even give it to me. It's the same hours 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday - Friday but a higher pay rate. Ugh what is a girl to do. What do you guys think? Should I apply for it or just wait, stay where I'm at and see what else comes along?
6 months ago











6 comments:
Kori, you are carrying SUCH a heavy load on your shoulders!! My heart breaks for you.
The internet is a TERRIBLE place when researching cancer. I can't tell you how many times I ended up just sobbing after spending hours online researching and researching. I finally decided I can't fix my husband- and I can't figure out how to fix my husband. I needed HELP- and I needed to hand it over to God. That's when my brainstorm hit me for the fundraiser to get him to the treatment center we had learned about. It's amazing what God will open up for us when we just step OUT of the way!!!
As for the job... would change be too stressful for you right now? You have a LOT on you right now, girl!!!
On the other hand, it could put you in a better position for income-earning, which you may really need down the road.
If you are up to it, I would encourage you to try for it. If you apply for it, but don't get it, does that in any way jeopordize your current position??
I just replied almost the same thing to someone else. I've always been a big believer in doing my part in something like this... I apply... God decides. Now yes, it makes a pretty cool miracle if you get a job you never applied for, but I think that it's good to do our part.
Does that even make sense??
I just started reading your blog so I don't really know the background behind your job or its pros/cons. I would say that maybe you are scared to do it because its out of your comfort zone and its a change. That happened to me while switching jobs. I just had to leap and pray everything would okay. If it won't jeopordize your current position, I would go for it. If you get it, yeah its more money. If you don't get it, you have the old comfortable stuff to rely on in the heavy stressful months ahead. You might need the extra income in the future like Gina mentioned. I don't know. Just have faith in yourelf and in your decision, which ever one you choose.
Go for the new job... If you don't get it, you are no worse than where you are. Unless you would lose your job that you are at.
My friend is taking the Erbitux. So far she has said nothing about the side effects, although she knew what they were going in. She has not gotten the rash the last time I talked to (and saw) her on Sunday. She is in the same boat as Richard, just buying some more time.
You've got so much going on. You can't carry it all.
Remember to say your prayers. God is faithful
Wow, you are a strong woman,Kori. And God sure has given you a lot of responsibility. I will keep you and Richard in my prayers, so you get as many quality days as possible.
Cancer sucks. I doubt there is anyone who doesn't know someone affected by it. I'll be praying for a cure as well.
Regarding the job.....my opinion is that you should at least apply...hear what they have to say and then decide. You never know! God will put you where you need to be.
Post a Comment