As I have mentioned before... losing my Mother at the age of 9 was one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure. And being without a Mother to teach you all the important things a little girl needs to know was even harder.
That's where my Girlfriends came in. Like Becca for instance we were very best friends from the start. At the young age of 9 we talked about everything. I could cry and she would cry with me. We have always just been that way. When we started Jr. High we were both so nervous. And I always thought Becca was prettier than me she was tan and blond and well you know the type. Becca wore make-up and my daddy wanted to keep me his little girl but he also wanted me to fit in with all the other girls. So who else to turn to than Becca. She taught me how to apply make-up and the eyeliner and mascara. Grant it she was tan and blond and wore the electric blue eyeshadow and hot pink lipstick. It looked really good on her um... not so much on the fair skinned freckled redhead of myself. But that's ok I learned to do it the right way.
This is me at 14.

I don't think waxing eyebrows was in back then. lol And check out the height on that hair of mine. Whoa!
My point is that no matter how old I get I will remember and cherish these things that have taught me the meaning of real friendship. There are not enough pages in a book to tell all the stories and all the things Becca and I have been through together. I love her more than words. While I was in Florida she took me out for a well deserved girl's night. Along with another one of my real good friends Harmony. I love these girls they so ROCK!
Me, Becca and Harmony












6 comments:
Awww...that is a great picture of you guys! Good friends are hard to find....glad you've got some keepers.
That is a good pic of you are 14 too...you look darling...I think I was ugly and awkward at that age.
There is NOTHING like lifelong friends. you are so blessed to still have these friendships in your life!!
and I think you were beautiful at 14, big hair, eyebrows and all!! I had big, curly hair and thick eyebrows, too, at that age. :-)
I feel we are kindred spirits. My hubby is 20 years my senior- I notice yours' is about 17? and we're both in a fight for the life with our guys.
Your spirit is amazing!!! He's a lucky man.
I love your pic!! How cute were (are) you??
I miss having real girlfriends... a lot.
Hmmmm. perhaps that's why I blog?
How awesome that you have such great friends. And, I bet my 14 yo picture is AWFUL!
AW....what a good post!!!!!
I can't imagine losing my mum at 9. Praise God for great girlfriends. Where's the photo of both you guys at 14yo...a bit of a now-and-then shot?
Post a Comment