Oh my goodness. I so had to blog about this.
I am sitting here just a few minutes ago minding my own business. When a woman walks up to me and says Hi could you please tell me where I can find so and so. Sure I say and then out of the blue while I'm still talking she says have you ever had a facial before?
Ok I am slightly taken a back by this and I reluctantly say yes. Then she thrusts her card in my face and ask me to fill out the back. I look still in shock thinking geez does my face really look that bad. Really?
Anyways I feel out the card and then she goes into this whole spill about Mary Kay. And I'm like um... I used to sell it about 3 years ago. And then that really gets her fired up and she wants to know why in the world I don't sell this wonderful product anymore.
Well I say a lot of my friends thought it was too expensive and I never used it myself much. I really like the Satin Hands and Body though and that was about all I used. And she's like you really must try it again alot of the products have changed and they are not as expensive. I simply and nicely tell her I'm not interested and she is just persistent. I am trying to answer the phone that is screaming in my ear and she still continues to talk.
So then I tell her I will think about. And she's like Kari that is your name right? I say no it's Kori and she says Oh I'm sorry. And then the very next sentence is
"Kari there isn't really anything to think about it's only 25 dollars to sign up for previous consultants. And it's a great opportunity."
Again I say I will think about it. (why, why do I say these things)
She grabs her things off of my desk and says "Ok Kari I will call you tomorrow."
First off does this really look like Kari? This is my handwriting the same that was on the card I filled out.
And second why would I want to sell Mary Kay again? I mean if I didn't like doing it before why would I want to do it again? And why can't you take the hint? And if I wanted to buy something I go to Church with a Consultant that is really nice and not all in my face and I love her. (Hey Laura)
And why are you trying to sell me Make-up when you have not a drop on?
I mean Hello?











7 comments:
What a goof ball! I'm so not a fan of pushy people...and you totally know she's going to call you tomorrow!
So she just walks out of the hospital and says "Bye Kari" I was on the phone and could not correct her. but I will when she calls tomorrow. Oh yes, yes I will!
Okay - as someone pondering selling Mary Kay - that's the part that bothers me- everyone being a potential "sale"
Jeez... get the name right.
I mean durn! She shoud make a better first impression if she wants to make a sale!! Policy with MK is to (1) wear their product when trying to make a sale and (2) be polite and not pushy!!!
I hope you do correct her. I hate when people get my name wrong too. I mean, how hard is Laura? It is not Lora or Lori, just Laura! If she asks for Kari when she calls I would be like, "there is no Kari here!" You would not be lying and she should have listened to you in the first place.
Be good!!
Wow....talk about pushy!!! That is weird that she is pushing it on you when she wasn't even wearing any too. And it irritates me that she kept messing up your name....I mean you corrected her once...geez!!!
I am laughing. Yeah Mary Kay is so HUGE here in Savannah. It is expensive and I just am not in the Makeup Zone these days...once I go back to work that will be another story. LOL
Hey Kari, I mean Kori, haha ... just had to do that.
I too tried selling Mary Kay a few years back, I love the products but it is expensive and I'm just not a pushy person, really takes that to make it in that business I think.
I am so excited you are getting to go to the beach, yeaaaa!!!!!!
Also, I LOVE you new page, everyone is getting so fancy, I wish I knew how to do all that stuff to fix mine up some.
Y'all have a safe and happy 4th !
Tracy
Post a Comment