Monday, June 30, 2008

My Desk!

So for the past month they have been renovating my space here at the Hospital. I have been out in the middle of the lobby in an old metal desk. With my computer and phone on a little push cart so when I leave in the morning I can lock it up so no one will run off with it.

But today they have hung the lights over my desk installed the granite and this afternoon they are painting the walls. And then all they will have to do is put the molding around the bottom and the chair rail around the lobby. So maybe by the end of the week I will be back in my space.
I do like it. It's much more up to date than what I had before. But it kind of reminds of a bar. Like "can I get an apple martini please" bar. Maybe it's just me. None the less I'm glad I get a new space. And I can't wait till all the construction is complete. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

7 comments:

BBB said...

Oh my little office employee heart goes pitter pat looking at that. I've spent most of my years in 3rd hand nasty cubicles and that looks PRETTY.

Can I just get a whisky sour?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

It looks a little like a bar, but once you have a computer and office-y stuff at it, I think you'll feel right at home.

But, if you are tgaaking orders, I'd love a virgin margarita.

Susie said...

I'll take the apple martini!

Nicole said...

Wow, I've just been reading your post "One year ago today," my heart goes out to you and your family. I love the story you told of the cute old couple that come into the hopital that you work in. I am a religious person, and I firmly believe that Families are Forever, and you will be with your sweet husband forever, maybe not in this life, but in the eternities. I hope I haven't said anything that I shouldn't have. What an amazing person you are, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Wow....that looks nice....much nicer than the little metal desk you described. I hope they hurry up and finish it for you!!!

LaQuintamomof3 said...

Here from SITS love your new space.
I think you coudl switch at 4:30 in the afternoons and offer hapy hour. Start the evening off just right

Anonymous said...

Looks like a NICE desk!