Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh geez

I have so much stuff to do and I'm at work.

We are leaving in 21 hours. (yay, Yippee, goody goody gumdrops!)

Anyways I was off yesterday but did I get anything done? Um that would be a Big Fat NO! I had to go register Jacob for Middle School. My sweet baby is growing up so fast. He has a locker and an agenda book. Oh how I want him to stay in Elementary School. Middle School brings change and I'm not crazy about change. But I had to register him and $146 bucks later he's ready to go. Can you believe it cost that much? Craziness I tell you. And that is not even including the school supplies I have to buy. They have a list for everything. After I finished with that I had to run by the grocery store to pick up snack and drinks for long ride to the East coast. It's vacation so yes I bought Junk food. We will of course stop and eat along the way. But the boys eat all the time (hence the snacks)

After the trip to the store I went home for a little while and then I had to bring Jacob to his Doctor's appointment. No he isn't sick. He's fine. But on the way home there was an overturned Tractor Trailer and we had to sit in traffic for 2 hours. I didn't get home until 6:30. Then we had to do dinner and all that stuff.

So now tonight when I get home around 5 I have to pack plus clean up and put up stuff around the house. Kim is house and dog sitting for us. Which is great! But you know I want the house to be neat. Richard started doing a tune-up on the van yesterday but he got tired and didn't finish. So he is working on that today again. He doesn't have much more to do. I just have so many things that I need to be doing.

I'm sure I'm in for a long night. At least I can sleep during the 8 hour drive. Oh I am so ready and so excited.


16 comments:

Kori said...

I am so glad you get to go! And if you are anything like me, you will do better with feeling a little pressured to get things done. I always end up finishing packing the morning I leave! We are getting ready to go on our first ever family vacation in 16 days, and with 4 kids and myself to pack for, it seems overwhelming already! But oh-so-fun at the same time!

BBB said...

I'm so excited that you get to go!! I become a list-o-holic when I'm getting ready for a trip...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope you guys have a great trip...I can't believe the delay you had yesterday on the freeway....well, actually, I can!

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Have so much fun!

Tam said...

I hope you have a blast and also hope you found a SwimSuit! Have fun relax!

WheresMyAngels said...

Have alot of fun on your vacation!!


Oh I hate how expensive middle school is. Now this year my second child starts high school, I'm sure that will even cost alot more. UGH!

Tam said...

Count Done!!! So on the way down the ROAD....just beep the horn when you see the Richmond Hill GA exit!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL Two Hours from Jacksonville we are!!!!!!!

Tam said...

u are probably gone but I have a little something just for you over on my blog!

Susie said...

Yay for vacation! I hope you have a great time. I hear it about Richard. I think it took Ric almost two weeks to do the brakes on my car and then he had to get help because he was just so tired he couldn't do it.

BBB said...

Hey cutie - I just wanted to stop in and tell you I hope you are having/had a GREAT time on vacay! You so deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Sounds like fun! I hope you guys have a great time. :-)

Tam said...

Hope you are having a great Vacation!!!!!!!!!

BBB said...

Hey - check me out when you get home - I gots a present for ya :)

krissy said...

I hate when time escapes me. It sucks.

Yay for you and your trip. Have a good one.

When you get back or if you are checking comments go to my blog for a challenge that you should do!

Tam said...

IT is Thursday and HOPEFULLY you guys are so relaxed and smiling and having fun!!!!!!!!!

Tam said...

Ok SO I know that you are just getting back to reality and wanted to welcome YOU BACK! Sorry Vacation has to end but know your blogland friends missed YA!