Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wonderful Day!

Lasagna, Bread, Salad with all the fixings, Birthday Cake (Happy Birthday Shae!) and plenty of sweet tea all of this with the wonderful family you love so much.

Seeing the Husband enjoying spending time with my in-laws and not thinking so much about the pain from the rash. Yeah I would say that made for a pretty wonderful day. Hope yours has been just as wonderful.

I can't thank you enough for all your prayers for us. I don't know if I will post anymore between now and Monday. I think I'm just gonna spend sometime lovin' on the hubby and the boys. Please pray for Richard to find peace and reassurance with whatever decision he has to make Monday whether it be continuing on with this treatment that gives him so much discomfort or stopping all treatment. Just pray. I know that God will have his Hands in it no matter what Richard decides.

Ya'll have been wonderful for listening to my whining, crying with me, laughing with me, and for all the prayers and kind words they have truly been a blessing. I never expected to receive this kind of outpouring when I first began this blog. But I am so glad you all continue this journey with us. I will let you know how things go Monday. If you would like to say a prayer for Richard and our family at the exact time he sees the Doctor his appointment is scheduled for 10:30am our time. Love and blessings to you all from me.

Also the following was posted originally on Friday, August 15, 2008. They will decide who they want to pick from on August the 27th and announce the winner the 29th. I would love nothing more than for it to be Richard. I know it would make him so happy that someone felt that he deserved such a wonderful gift. The best part would be that he could write on his blog or play solitaire anywhere he could find comfortable for him to sit or lay. So if you feel that he is deserving of this please read the following and go cast your vote.

If you have already voted for Richard. I can't thank you enough.


Blogs can change lives


Over at 5 minutes for Mom they are having not really a contest but an amazing opportunity for one family/ person in need. It's for a new HP laptop and printer. At first I thought nope I am not going to do this. But then I thought well why not.

So I am nominating my Husband Richard for this wonderful opportunity. Alot of you know Richard has Cystic Fibrosis and was just recently diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic Colon Cancer.

He is currently undergoing treatments not to have it cured but to have more time to spend with us. There are many days when it takes all of Richard's energy just to get up in the mornings. He pretty much lives on the sofa or in the recliner for the remainder of the day. He loves to play solitaire or get on the computer just to look at the weather and Nasa's website. Something about guys and space.


But alot of days he can't do these things because he feels so bad. He can't sit there for long periods of time.


Also when he goes in the Hospital he stays for 14 days at a time. No more no less. This happens about every three months. It gets pretty boring in the hospital if you guys didn't know. As well as it takes a huge toll on Richard being away from us. The boys are unable to go visit him that much because of School and me working. So we spend our weekends there. We play games, watch movies and just try to make it as normal as possible for Richard. Since I work at the Hospital where he stays I try to go over everyday on my lunch break. But none the less it is desperately boring for him.


I think if he was to be rewarded with this gift. It would make his day. He would feel like he was able to communicate with others and just to have something to do. He could lay on the couch or in the bed and play his beloved solitaire or check out websites.


And maybe even write some more on his Blog which is being seriously neglected.Also with Jacob being in Middle School now alot of his work is required to be typed and printed. We do not have a printer due to the cost. So that would be great to have for the boys and their School projects. Instead of having to venture to the Library every time a report is due.


Anyhow whether it is us that is picked or not I know that it will go to someone well deserving like Tammy.Also if you think we deserve this extremely generous gift. You can leave a comment over at 5 Minutes for Mom telling them so.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you guys can have a great Sunday and not let the important decisions ahead put a damper on family time!! Thinking of you everday and especially on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kori.....thanks for the reminder. I swear I left a comment on that contest post before, but I went back to make sure and didn't see it. So my mind has officially gone I think. But THIS time, I left a comment for sure!!!

I hope you have a great weekend with your family and may God bring a peace and calmness for all of you. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope you can take a break from the worrying and enjoy your weekend together. I know that Monday will be rough, but I will be praying for you all.

Susie said...

Have a great weekend. I will definitely say a prayer for you and Richard on Monday. In the meantime, you will be in my prayers and I have put you on our prayer chain at church. Hugs, Susie

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh your day sounded wonderful!! I'm glad it was calming AND relaxing for you!! and Lasagna does sound sooooooo yummy!! LOL LOL!!

Ok.. Help a girl out.. how do you vote for your hubby on 5 minutes... do I just post on my blog I want him to win.. or is there an actual place to click on their page to vote...

I really want you to win!! Ü

Michelle said...

Kori - here's hoping you had a good rest of the weekend! Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And I added my support for your husband and the laptop. It's the little things like that where you wouldn't think of it (ok, I wouldn't) until you realize the difference it could make.

Good luck with the doctor tomorrow!

Tiffany said...

I will be thinking about you tomorrow!

Hoped you enjoyed the weekend with your men!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

oh he is sooo deserving!!! You all are!

My God bless you all so richly. Your story has touched us so much and we really hope we can help you.

If we aren't able to (there are soo many - this is heartbreaking!) please forgive us and know that we wish we could give you a laptop - and so much more!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

LarryG said...

y'all got my vote over at the give away
and prayers too...
Someday - is today!

Kori said...

Ah, today is the hard decision day-and no matter how hard it is, the decision is his, and your "job" is to be there for him-which you WILL be. Thoughts and prayers are with you today, and I hope he wins! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you all today.....sending prayers your way!

Nonnas News said...

You have such a cute blog! Congrats on being spotlighted on BATW today!! Im here from Texas!

Jill said...

I missed the deadline to vote... but I sure do hope you win! Please let us all know!