Over at 5 minutes for Mom they are having not really a contest but an amazing opportunity for one family/ person in need. It's for a new HP laptop and printer. At first I thought nope I am not going to do this. But then I thought well why not.
So I am nominating my Husband Richard for this wonderful opportunity. Alot of you know Richard has Cystic Fibrosis and was just recently diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic Colon Cancer. He is undergoing treatments not to have it cured but to have more time to spend with us. There are many days when it takes all of Richard's energy just to get up in the mornings. He pretty much lives on the sofa or in the recliner for the remainder of the day. He loves to play solitaire or get on the computer just to look at the weather and Nasa's website. Something about guys and space.
But alot of days he can't do these things because he feels so bad. He can't sit there for long periods of time.
Also when he goes in the Hospital he stays for 14 days at a time. No more no less. This happens about every three months. It gets pretty boring in the hospital if you guys didn't know. As well as it takes a huge toll on Richard being away from us. The boys are unable to go visit him that much because of School and me working. So we spend our weekends there. I try to go over everyday on my lunch break. But none the less it is desperately boring.
I think if he was to be rewarded with this gift. It would make his day. He would feel like he was able to communicate with others and just to have something to do. He could lay on the couch or in the bed and play his beloved solitaire or check out websites.
And maybe even write some more on his Blog which is being seriously neglected.
Also with Jacob being in Middle School now alot of his work is required to be typed and printed. We do not have a printer due to the cost. So that would be great to have for the boys and their School projects. Instead of having to venture to the Library.
Anyhow whether it is us that is picked or not I know that it will go to someone well deserving like Tammy.
Also if you think we deserve this extremely generous gift. You can leave a comment over at 5 Minutes for Mom telling them so.
6 months ago











12 comments:
I think Richard is very deserving. I can't imagine sitting in the hospital for 14 days! I brought my laptop when my daughter was born!
I think Richard is deserving too. Left a comment telling them so. Couldn't get the link to work for his blog though.
Wow--it would be helpful. I know when a friend of mine was on (temporary) bedrest when she was pregnant, having a laptop saved her sanity.
My boyfriend in high school had CF, so I know where you are coming from.
Well, Kori, it sure sounds like Richard deserves this to me. I'll definitely leave a vote for Richard!!! Good luck!
I'm on my way there now. My heart is aching for you all. I can't imagine how difficult what you are going through is. God is good and He is able to do much more than we can ask or even imagine.
I've added you to my blogroll. Hope that's okay...
I hope you win.... I hope you win....
Thanks for visiting my Blog! I do have to agree my sister is very very good at this! She is so creative....only since she started popping out kiddos, though! No offense to her, she knows I love her very much, but I think having Izzy and being knocked up again has really gotten her creative juices flowing!
I will keep your husband and family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I am on my way to leave a comment to nominate him for the computer!
I am so sorry to hear about your husband. This is my first time reading your blog so sorry I don't know the whole story.
Hi Kori--I will go leave a comment over there. Good luck!!
Kori you know I had to vote for dad!! go check my bog out! and grab a hankie!!I know I did!!
Hi,
I have only just seen your blog, but I saw on cf chat that you asked if anyone had heard of someone with cfr and cancer. Please look at
cfhusband.blogspot.com
if you haven't already. They have a similar situation--Tricia has cf, dbl lung transplant, and then developed lymphoma because of the antirejection drugs.
You will have to wade through a bit of drama first about Pepe/Gina who had a blog called FriendsofPepe.blogspot.com
and it turns out she faked the whole thing. It is despicable. But cfhusband is FIRST RATE.
I wish only the best for you and your husband and wonderful family.
Done leaving a note at 5 minutes for Mom (signed as Arpee).
I hope you get chosen!!!
Post a Comment