Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dirty water down the drain

As I was taking a shower and washing the grime from my body. I came to the realization that it is up to us as to what others see. Do they see the dirt and grime of our lives that has plagued us? Or do they see the love and light that is within us?

Jesus loves me and I love Him. I am saved by His grace. I am a Christian. I will continue to Praise Him no matter what my future holds.

When people look at me I want them to know that yes I am not perfect. I have my faults most definitely. But Praise God, Jesus knows and loves me regardless. I have turned my back on Him more than once. I have yelled, screamed, cried and begged for a lot of things that I now look back on and realize He is the reason I got through it all.

It was Him that gave me the strength to drive to the Hospital that day last June when my Husband was weak and weary from the news he had just received. It was Him that held my hand while I waited for 8 hours through the surgery. It was Him that put someone in place to take care of my children while I stayed at the Hospital day and night. It was Him that was there in that room in April when the Doctor said it was back. It was Him that listened as I weaped when he said it was Stage 4. It is Him that carries me from one day to the next.

It is Him and Him alone.

16 comments:

LarryG said...

while we aren't perfect...
jesus is the sub for our sin -
he is the perfect sacrifice -
we sin(ned) he fixed it...
if they are looking for trouble, they can look at me... if they want to see perfection look at him...

i know that jesus took care of your sin problem...

WheresMyAngels said...

Amen!

Tracy said...

Very beautiful post and its so true! Isn't he wonderful!

love,
Tracy

Tam said...

Kori,

HOPE you relax this weekend! Take CARE!

Kristin said...

God is so good. He does amazing things in our lives when we are at our weakest, lowest, hardest places! Thanks for the good reminder. May you feel his love today!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Amen! So true and beautifully written.

Tamie said...

y'nkow sometimes the only time to come to the realizations that God needs us to come to (and what He is leading us towards all along) is in the shower (or sometimes sitting on the toilet...) what a bunch of great thoughts to digest for me! thanks!
and thanks for stopping by my place yesterday, it was great to see you!

FlipFlop Mom said...

You inspire me...
You are amazing...
You are an excellent wife...
You are an amazing mother...
You are a hero to someone...
You are never to forget that...!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. I know you've been tested a lot and its a testament to how strong you are that you can say these things. God is good and He'll get you through this!

Love you, Kori.

Kori said...

This is beautiful, as are you-inside and out.

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

What an incredible testimony you are!

I just sent you an email - I am hoping to give you a phone call.

Can you email me at info at 5minutesformom.com

THANKS

Susie said...

Great post! I need to remind myself of this more often.

BBB said...

You
Amaze
Me

Anonymous said...

Kori - I know what you mean. God's been there for me in more than one occasion and even when things are good I still feel him just as strongly in my life.

Nell

Mozi Esme said...

God is good - in spite of all we throw at Him! I'm so thankful for His comforting presence, and I'm glad you're finding it too.

Tinabean said...

You have the best & the right attitude.
I lost a husband to cancer 4 years ago & it was my faith that helped pull me up & through the before, during & after.
You are a strong woman.
But even us strong women need to release once in awhile.
I am here if you ever have questions or want to talk or even vent.