Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update & a meme

I know that my posts haven't been the most upbeat these last few days. but honestly can you blame me? I didn't think so.

Richard is the same, the rash continues to get worse everyday. The antibiotic that the Doctor called in doesn't seem to be helping. He is going to give it till tomorrow and if he still doesn't notice any change he is going to call and see if he can come in to see him. As of right now he still hasn't made a decision one way or another about whether or not he is going to continue this treatment. This is just the first week and he doesn't know if he can handle the pain for the next 2 months. If he decides not to continue I don't know what the next option is or if there is one. Please continue to pray for him for us. Thank you.

Now since I need a little pick me up and I am extremely hyper hence my 5 cups of coffee 2 of which were from Starbucks. whoo hoo.(still not sleeping very well at all maybe a couple of hours)

I thought I would do a little meme of sorts. I was tagged by my sweet friend Tracy to list 6 unimportant facts about myself. So here it is for all your viewing pleasure.

1. I have a tattoo on the top of my foot. It's an eclipse. It represents the time that I spent my life in the dark and the now that I live in the light. (yes it hurt, no I didn't cry almost. I can't wait to get another one.)

2. When I was a kid. I hated my freckles. I would wear long sleeves and long pants in the middle of summer while living in Florida. Now I love them and they don't bother me.

3. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 21. And for about 6 months afterwards I refused to drive on the interstate it was strictly backroads for me.

4. I have never had a ticket of any kind be it parking, speeding whatever. Knock on wood.

5. I tend to be a little OCD about certain things. Like if I see a stranger and there tag is sticking out their shirt I have to tell them and fix it same thing applies to shoes being untied , zippers down whatever. I have no problem telling you if you have soemthing on your face, in your teeth or hanging out of your nose. It drives me nuts and I feel like it is my duty to save you the embarrassment.

6. I absolutely do not mix my food together and I can't stand for it to touch. Also I do not eat anything soggy ie. bread, cereal anything.

Ok so there you have it I could list more but I figured I probably bored you enough with my 6. Now I tag everyone that wants to play along. So get to it. chop chop

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to think of you guys.

My sister got her driver's license at about 21 too. She said why bother, when my mom was willing to drive her everywhere. And I don't like food mixed together or soggy either. I never eat cereal, I don't dunk cookies. I can eat french toast now, but it has to be pretty crispy.

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you guys.

I love your tattoo. I want to get one on the top of my foot too but have heard it is really really painful. But after seeing yours, I think I can do it! I have another tat so I know what to expect but the foot is bad, or so they say. I will take your challenge. Look for my 6 coming soon!

BBB said...

First of all - I just want you to know how grateful I am that you've wandered into my world. Just.. am.

Second - my sister was 26 when she got her drivers license. She got her permit renewed EVERY year for 10 years. When she finally got her license, the ladies at the DMV had a going away party for her. Okay, not really, but she was their most frequent customer.

Kori said...

Um, #6? Totally me. I knew there was a reason I liked you, and it wasn't just the same name. I am so sorry to hear about Richard-I have been praying for calmness and wisdom and peace for all of you, no matter what decisions are made. I don't spout about it a lot on the blog but I know God id there and I know he is a loving God-even when outward circumstances don't seem like it. I won't say that Richard being so ill is God's will, because I don't believe God wants us to hurt. Random things DO happen. But I do believe that He is there, hovering around and basically giving you what you need to keep going on a daily basis. And I will stop now lest people start to think I am a total whack job.

Anonymous said...

I like that meme...it looked fun...I'll do if I can think of 6 things about myself....I have 3 tatoos....can I count those 3 times? :)

I hope Richard gets to feeling better soon...

And, uh, the coffee isn't going to help you sleep.....

Susie said...

No more coffee for you! I love, love, the tattoo. I have a few... I want more, but haven't decided what and where.

I know this is a difficult time for all of you. I pray you find peace in the decisions you need to make.

Kelli said...

I like your number 5, I wish I could tell people, esp even a loose hair on their shoulder.

WheresMyAngels said...

I love to mix my food, even my desserts with my meat!

And I have had two speeding tickets in the last 2 1/2 months :(

Lula! said...

I've enjoyed reading some of your posts...you are fun!

And I adore your tattoo...I've wanted one for 15 years, and doggone it, I'm gonna finally get one before the year's over. I've heard they are addictive. We'll see...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

No cereal with milk? That's a weird one.

I will be praying for you guys.

Mom said...

I am totally OCD when it comes to telling people they have stuff on their face or in their teeth it drives my hubby crazy because I am always telling him!

Gina said...

I'm so sorry Richard is in so much pain. We were all so happy about the rash- and now we all hate it.
Poor guy. :-(
Please continue to keep us posted!!

Thanks for sharing some things- I love the tattoo, and look how pretty your toes are!!!

I love that you tell people when they have things like that- I always HATE it when I've been laughing with a group of friends for HOURS, and then get home and realize I have a huge piece of spinach stuck to my front tooth.
AARRRGGHHH!!!
Someone couldn't have at least TOLD me?!?!
So I'm totally with you- TELL THEM.
:-D

You hang in there, friend. You have prayers coming at you guys from all directions.
XOXOXOX!!!

JayCee said...

Praying for you and your husband!

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
I Peter 5:7

(Found your blog through a friend of a friend - Tara/Janel).

mGk said...

Kori, I was linked to your blog from Tara's I think... and I was touched by your story. Just enjoy your time and I truly hope it is a long time.

As for soggy food... I hear ya!

Maureen at
maureenandkevin.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Look at your fancy toes!!!

Katey said...

My mom can't stand for her food to touch either...haha. She has perfect little round "piles" or portions (whatever the right word is) of each food on her plate.

I like the interesting/amusing posts. I think they help us to get our minds on something else...and does give us a little pick me up or laugh every now and then!

Tracy said...

I love the tattoo, I love what it represents. Some people get them and you think "what were they thinking", Yours is really great though.

I hope Richard can get some relief from the rash soon, that has to be driving him nuts. Tell him we're all thinking of him and praying.

I'll be in your neck of the woods on Sept. 9th, Molly has CF clinic, Ughhh...I always dread it and get so nervous. Hopefully it'll go good. My oldest daughter is getting married Sept. 27th so could you imagine a hospital stay, we'll do whatever we have to do though.

Tracy

Ronda's Rants said...

Hi...I just blogged hopped here... and wanted to say how sorry I am that this is so difficult for your Hubby. I will hold him in my prayers.
I have a very small tattoo on my foot...and let's just say I was not as brave as you and I won't be getting anymore! I am gald I have one but no (ouch) more!

Melissa said...

So glad you came to visit me when you did. You are such a special person. I just wanted you to know that.
Also, I'm so glad that if I have a boogie you will tell me. I hate getting home after being with a bunch of people, knowing I have talked to every person in the room and no one had the kahones to tell me about "the friend". Know what I'm sayin'. We're all grown ups. What's a little booger between friends.
I think I'm putting booger on my list of words I hate. Poop, vagina, and penis are on that list, too.
Love your tatt!

Anonymous said...

Coming over from Blog Around the World... LOVE the tattoo... Its beautiful, in looks and what it represents.

Praying for you this evening... Grace for you, for your boys, for Richard.