So ok on my way home I'm flipping through the radio stations. And guess what was on...
Hangin' Tough by New Kids on the Block. I died laughing. I remember being 9 years old in my bedroom with my NKOTB tape in the radio dancing in front of the mirror and singing into my hairbrush. I also remember they used to have a 900 number where you could call and you could actually hear them talking to you.
Oh yeah I called it more than once. And boy oh boy did I ever get a whipping from my daddy when the phone bill came. I loved Jordan Knight and Joey McIntyre. I had a huge life size poster on the back of my door, posters on the walls. Oh I was so in love.
I just thought it was so funny that they were on the radio almost 20 years later. I had to share it with you guys.
So I have a little something for ya'll to do.
This is like my 105th post and since I won the pay it forward I figured it was time for me to in turn pay it forward. There are rules to this. You have to spread the love if you are in fact the winner. It doesn't have to break the bank just something from the heart that you want to give and send to some of your blog readers.
Now for my own little set of rules. Bwahahahaha... all you have to do is tell me who your childhood love was. Leave a comment here and post all about how you thought you were destined to marry Uncle Jesse off of Full House on your blog linking back to me of course. This should be loads of fun. I hope everyone will participate.
All entries will go into a hat and I will draw out 3 names. There will also be a fourth name drawn for the Grand Prize.
Final day for entries will be... oh let's say Labor Day at Midnight that's 3 days ya'll. Better get crackin'.
6 months ago











9 comments:
Oh, shoot, can I post something I wrote awhile back for a Flashback Friday? Becuase Ricky Schroder-whoo. What a hottie. I might have to come up with my next one, who is Ralph Macchio. You are right, I am game! :)
I am older so mine are way back. BUT I so loved Andy Gibb (the brother of the bee gees) who died of an overdose. AND when he did, I was heart broken. He had the cool white nike with the red swoosh (leather of course) I thought about him a couple years ago.
I also liked the hardy boys......I guess not much I cant remember their names. Shawn....... and Parker Stevens or was it stevenson?
I also liked the Fonz. hehe
What a fun post/game.
I can't even think of his name, but I liked the guy in the Labyrith! I thought he was hot...must go look up...hold on...ah, david bowie. Now, don't think he's hot at all...good thing we grow up!
Starbuck, of Battle Star Galatica. Real name Dirk Benidict. I was going to have 4 sets of twins with him.
Oh and the music crush I had was ummmmmmmmm are you ready???? Phil Collins!
this is an easy one! I was in LOVE with John Schneider, also known as BO Duke. I was going to marry him. So much so, that I would only answer to Lisa Schneider. I was devastated when the show ended and he did not show up at my door!
Lisa
(in case he is reading this, I am taken now! :) )
I was completely, madly in love with Corey Haim - that earring, the super cool hair he had. I watched his movies almost every day - even the scary ones, just to see his smile. I had started scrapbooking my walls when I was in 6th grade and pasted his pictures all over my bedroom. He was my first scrapbook!! And it was one of the biggest hits when I started junior high - everyone would come over to see the walls that looked like magazines. I eventually stopped seeing him in BOP magazine and had to move on to cooler people like the guys from Poison ROFL....wow, what memories - great question & post!
Well, I feel old... my bedroom was plastered with Donny Osmond. And before that, it was Elvis. Granted, I was a small child and my mom was the true Elvis fan, but it rubbed off on me.
Can I still play?
I had a big old crus on Kirk Cameron...posters of him up EVERYWHERE!!
Oh my, I can't pick just one! I am a fickle pickle. I mean, there was Ricky Schroder, Jason Bateman, Joey McIntyre, and Corey Haim. Okay, if I have to be honest, the true tie is between Jason Bateman and Joey McIntyre, but I will go ahead and pick Jason Bateman. See, not only would I have gained an excellent husband, but I would have also gained a cool sister-in-law, Justine Bateman. I still love seeing him in shows today, so I guess my crush hasn't completely dissipated. Don't tell my hubby! ;-)
Post a Comment