Monday, August 18, 2008

My Prayers and I...

So with everything going on I just really don't know where to begin my post. Guess I'm a little stumped. I would like to ask you all to please pray for Richard. He is having a difficult time with the rash. It has become very painful and extremely uncomfortable for him. It is all over his head, face, neck, upper torso. He is having a hard time getting any sleep at night due to the pain. The doctor did call him some medicine to take. Hopefully it will help. He is also taking Benadryl and using a very good cream. Also please pray for the boys. We had to tell them the knew news last night. They are handling the best they know how. I know it's hard on them to have to function through their daily lives and then come home to this. I know because I do it too every time I leave to go to work. It hurts us that Richard hurts. We just love him so very much.

Since all I got is prayer request I thought I would take a second and do this little ditty from my friend Lizzie. Sorry if it seems a little down. Probably not the best time for me to do this. but it's my Blog and I'll be sad if I want to.

I AM ... a God follower, wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, ME.

I WANT... to be optimistic instead of realistic.

I HAVE ... more than I ever could have dreamed of having.

I WISH I COULD ... fix it all.

I HATE ... watching the man I love suffer.

I FEAR ... the future.

I HEAR ... the tears in the silence.

I SEARCH ... for peace and understanding.

I DON'T THINK ... I will ever find a love like this.

I REGRET ... nothing.

I LOVE ... the way he looks at me, the way he says my name, the way his lips lightly brush mine, the way he smells and feels. I just love.

I ACHE FOR ... the good ole days.

I ALWAYS CRY ... always.

I AM NOT ... as strong as I appear to be.

I DANCE ... with my boys.

I SING ... praise.

I NEVER ... have had to face my fears like this before.

I RARELY ... complain.

I CRY WHEN I WATCH ... my 3 guys together.

I AM NOT ALWAYS ... who I could be.

I HATE THAT ... this happens to anybody.

I'M CONFUSED ABOUT ... why God chooses not to fix these things. But I also understand why he gives them to us to bare.

I NEED ... to throw some clay.

I SHOULD ... try to sleep.


And on a happier note. I have some pretty awesome Co-workers. Minnie Mouse sent me some flowers to cheer me up. Thought that was pretty awesome. I love her she rocks.

And the best part. This arrangement was done by my friend Mandi aka Manj. She owns Hot House Deign Studio. She makes some of the most awesome contemporary pieces in flower arranging ever.

11 comments:

Tam said...

Thinking of YOU and your family!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Prayers for all of you!

And, that was really nice of your coworkers to send the flowers.

Kori said...

I wish there was something to say that would shed some light, but unfortunately, I don't. I think the key is looking for the beauty amidst the crap, which you seem to be able to do, and it isn't enough, yet it is. Thoughts with you again today, and prayers for all of you.

Susie said...

More hugs today.... You answered the meme very well. I don't think my answers would be much different at this point in my life. But I think you are a lot stronger than you think.

I am sending extra hugs for the boys too.

Tiffany said...

Kori, please always know that you can be sad, happy, angry or silly with us readers. It's your journey and I am just grateful that you are willing to share.

ALL MY LOVE AND PRAYERS!!!!

WheresMyAngels said...

Prayers for your whole family.

You can be sad if you want too and blog about it. Your blog is an outlet I know that you need. Bring us your pain and let us help you thru it.

Hugs and prayers.

FlipFlop Mom said...

I hate not reading your blog for a couple of days... You are in my thoughts and prayers always!! I'm so sorry that things are down right now...

the flowers are amazing!! I'm so glad you have wonderful friends in your life!!!

Gina said...

I've been a little M.I.A.- but you'be been in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm so glad you have such a loving support system.
Big hugs coming your way.
I wish I could take all this away, too.
The glory of it all is in knowing that we have forever to spend with one another one day- where there is no more of this pain.
XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Kori, you have the weight of the world on your shoulders. I'm so sorry I can't take some of that and carry it for you. You are so strong....that fact you can even blog about this.....you just amaze me. You and your 3 guys are in prayers every day!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I saw you on the Fun House blog and just wanted to say Hi.
I'll be back to read more!

LarryG said...

will pray...
my wife was overcome by stage IV breast cancer Jan 06 -
it's a journey...
she (with my 100% support) fought the stinking cancer for as long as possible... we were with hospice for 17 days at the end...
Also had a ton of church support - and great grief support group at the hospice also - after care for kids (3 of 'em)
Any how 2.5 years later we are hanging in there and God is good.

I'll be lifting Richard, and the entire family up in prayer and reading your posts.
Larry in Huntsville