Monday, August 11, 2008

Why?

Can somebody please tell me why in the world Doctor's have you make appointments? Cause I just got back to my office about 20 minutes ago. It was after 2 o'clock. Richard's appointment was at 11:40. Yes 11:40! I mean why not just tell the patients to just show up when you can cause you're gonna have to wait a while.

I walked over to Kirklin Clinic to be with him cause I knew he was a little anxious. (Okay a lot anxious but don't tell him I told ya) Anyways we sat and waited and sat and waited some more. I mean 2 hours past the appointment time is just ridiculous. And then when we finally get into a room the Doctor comes in and talks looks at his watch and says I've got to hurry and get you over to the infusion lab cause they don't like to stay late. Excuse me? Did I hear you correctly? (bite tongue)

He did however answer all of our questions. So Richard is over there now getting his first infusion. He will do 3 of these treatments all together. One a week every other week. Then he will have another scan to see if the tumors are showing any shrinkage. Also Doc is sending him for a scan the end of this week to see exactly where we are starting at as far as the growth goes. Especially since Richard hasn't had a scan or any treatment of any kind in 2 months it will also give us an idea of how fast it is progressing. (this makes me nervous)

Other than the past 3 hours my day has been pretty good. We had a great weekend. Saturday we got up early and went and got all of the School supplies the boys had to have. Except a 9 inch wire locker shelf. Do these really exist? Cause we went everywhere and all we could find was 12 inches.

Anywho afterwards we went yard saling. I found the cutest little snowman candle holder. Yes I collect Snowmen for Christmas also I collect salt and pepper shakers but that would be another post. So we go to this yard sale and we get back in the car and I turn to Richard and say let's go on out this way and see what else we can find. Ok he says. It was a beautiful day so we had the windows down radio going just enjoying the drive. And I was sure that the road we were on ended at the highway. Boy was I worng so we kept on going then we came to a crossroads. Richard said turn left. Of course I did. There was an old timey General Store so we pulled in and Richard asked directions. We were in Arkadelphia Alabama. Neither one of us had ever heard of this place. Although it was very nice there. Anyways the lady told us to go out and take a right and that would lead us to the interstate. It did. We were way up in North Alabama about 40 miles from home.

We got lost alright but we had a good time doing it.



.

12 comments:

Kori said...

I think sometimes those times of "getting lost" are just fun and necessary; it sounds really neat, actually! As for the doc. office, etc, who knows why they do that-because they CAN? I am interested and anxious to hear about the infusion and the progress htat is made-keep us updated!

BBB said...

I COLLECT SNOWMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are SO twins separated at birth!

BBB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

dr offices...............I am not even going there. Glad you had a nice day trip. hehe

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Definitely one of my pet peeves with the doctors, too!!! I am not a fan of waiting. I'm glad he answered the questions, though!

And, sounds like the rest of your weekend was pretty good, too.

Debbie said...

That is serendipity my friend. And they are the best kind of happenings! What a fun story. I know I have been by your blog a million moons ago, and although I haven't been here in awhile, I do think of you. I am glad you popped up again! Yes, you are all linked up and you are in for two entries in my contest. Thanks for including the BATHW button! Happy Blogging;)

Susie said...

You know, we spend so much time in doctor's offices and the waiting is the worst. I don't understand why, if they were so far behind in their appointments, that they didn't say something to you while you were waiting.

I hope the infusion went well. I know my friend is doing pretty good on hers, but we haven't heard yet whether it is working for her or not. So far I have not noticed any side effects when I have seen her, so that was good news. She has also been feeling pretty good with this treatment. Fingers crossed that it helps both her and Richard, giving them a little more time with us.

Louisa Claire said...

Oh how frustrating...I guess the only consolation is that one day it may be you getting a longer session with a Dr. and you'll probably appreciate their flexibility then...still frustrating for you esp when you have to be back at work!

Gina said...

UGH! Doctors.

I'm so glad you had a fun time getting lost!!! That sounds fun.

Keep us posted on Richard's results/progress. Praying!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

too funny!!!

I love snowmen too... here in NH.. we get real ones as well.. I'll save a few for you... OK!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh.. I wanted to add.. I'm sorry about the Dr's office.. :(

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!!

Tam said...

Hey there is no better way to get lost as long as you are having fun!

you guys take care!