Well besides the rain this day wasn't a total wash.
I accompanied Richard to the Doctor today as planned. And up until the very last minute I had no idea what his decision was. I didn't know if he was going to hang his hat and be done with the treatments or if he was going to keep going. Richard was very uncomfortable having to sit in the waiting room with everyone looking at him. He has not been out of the house really since he first got the rash. The only way I can describe the way it looks is well... it looks like a bunch of little warts. They are everywhere in his hair all over his face in every crevice except his eyelids. All over his chest, neck back their just everywhere starting from his waist up to the top of his head. Anyway he didn't like people looking at him. He was very glad to get back in the room to see the Doctor.
Dr. P. came in and looked at Richard and said lookin' good, lookin real good, feeling bad but lookin' good. It was pretty funny it made Richard laugh. (which I always love to hear) He said that he didn't think that the rash has hit it's full peak yet. Richard was very much disappointed by that. He did say that the rash is a very good sign especially one as severe as Richard's. He seemed pretty confident that because of the severity of the rash that the drug would be working on the tumors as well.
After we talked and asked a few questions Richard decided to continue the treatment. He only has one more left now after doing the one today. Dr. P. decided to do 3 treatments. The last one will be September 8th and then he will have to wait 2 weeks before going back to have a scan and see Dr. P. to find out if the antibody worked or not.
I'm proud of Richard for deciding to keep going. I know he is miserable but hopefully it will have shrunken the tumors. Only time will tell. He prescribed some ointment for Richard to just use on his face and neck to see if it helps at all. So we continue on... praying without ceasing.
Thank you all for all the prayers today.
6 months ago











27 comments:
I am glad for your sake that he has decided to continue with the treatments; you sound so relieved! Great news.
Oh, I'm so glad he's continuing!!! I'm soooo sorry he's so miserable- and self conscious (don't you just hate to see your guy self-conscious?!?!) but it does sound like things are going well. Hopefully the ointment will help!!!
Can he soak in a tub of oatmeal bath or anything for relief??
He's a brave, brave man!!!
You tell him we said that!!!!
Wow! That sounds like promising news. He will be in my prayers!
I will so keep praying for your Richard so that these next few treatments go by fast and are as easy on him as possible. I hate to say YAAAY for that darn rash, but you know what I mean....I hope that ointment helps.
You've had a pretty good day today, Kori....God is smiling on you! ;)
ok so i really am glad she was gone but i guess i was used to doing stuff. you know! and i stole that pic so i guess i need to change it!!
Kori I just wanted to say that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I don't even know you but I want you to know that your blogs move me in some way or another. You are an excellent writer and I am touched by everything you seem to write. I sit and couldn't imagine walking in your shoes, all I do is cry when I read your stuff I just wanted you to know that we do think about you all and pray things get better for you.
Oh, I'm so glad he decided to continue.
"Heavenly Father... I'm coming before you right now with nothing to offer other than my worship and love for You. I bring my sweet friend Kori and her Richard, and Jacob & Calob. Jesus, I pray that you would touch Richard... we know the rash means good things, and I pray that it would be true... that the rash would mean shrinking the tumors. And Lord, if it's your will, I pray that you would ease the pain of the rash... that the rash could be as effective against the tumor, just not so ravaging to Richard's body and mind. Give Kori strength too Lord... give them all strength.... In Jesus name.. Amen
I have been waiting for the update and didn't get to check my email until I came into work this morning so I am thrilled to pieces!
My friend's rash wasn't nearly as severe as Richard's sounds. I am glad the doctor thinks it is working. I can understand the self-conscious thing... Ric is still pretty upset about the way he looks. He is definitely a brave and wonderful man. Even if it gives you just a few more months, he is doing this for both of you. Give him an extra hug from me!
That is good news! Thoughts and prayers to you GUYS!
You are Richard's sunshine!
He is one tough customer and I can tell he is living life to the fullest. Y'all hang in there, you will continue to feel the presence of love guarding and guiding you, will continue to pray for y'all.
Larry
I'm glad that he's going to continue with the treatment. What a strong man.
And, I still can't believe that the better the rash the better the treatment is working, but from the way you are describing things, it sounds like it's going VERY WELL!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just 'found' you through BATW. My DH's name is also Richard so I immediately felt a heart tug reading all your posts. I would have anyway, but obviously your DH's name caught my eye right off and I just had to read, and read and read. I will join in the wonderful bloggers here in saying a prayer for your Richard.
I worked the past couple of days so I didn't get to come and peek yesterday.. I prayed for him on my morning walk yesterday!! and this morning...
I'm so sorry he feels that he looks horrible... :( People can be so cruel... however I'm so happy that he's decided to continue his treatment!! Praise GOD!!!
Your in my thoughts and prayers always.. hugs to you both!!
Kori. I am humbled. Truly humbled by all that you are handling in your young life. You are a gift. I will pray for you and your family. Your witness is mighty my friend.
Don't forget about your spotlight! The intro post is already up!
Good news, isn't it? And congratulations on being a feature on Blog Around The World today. Enjoy the spotlight!
It's my first time to visit your blog. In a way, it is very refreshing despite the suffering that you are going through. You and your husband are light and salt in this world!
May the Lord meet all your needs!
Praying for those treatments to do their job! I like the Doctores "Lookin good" statement, glad it gave your dh a chuckle. lol
I came to your blog through BATW. Your story has touched my heart. I pray that your husband finds some relief and more good news comes your way. I can't imagine how he must feel. As for you, what a gift you are giving him through this journey. LOVE. FAITH. HOPE. So many people live and never know or experience these 3 important things. I can see that there is an abundance of all of them your family.
I am in awe of your strength as a mother, father and family. You'll be in my prayers.
I just found your blog through the Blog Union, so you don't know me, but I will pray for you and your family during this difficult time.
What a blessing that today all of these people are being introduced to your blog, and all of us can leave it with a prayer for your family. I hope many more blessings come your way!
Visiting from Illinois via BATW...I only read the first two posts and am so humbled by what you are going through. My prayers are with you and your family; I'm sure you are helping so many by writing publicly about what is going on in your life privately.
Hi from Louisiana! I lived in B'ham for several years and loved it there. I will be back to read more of your story.
Great news! Visiting from BATW. Good luck with everything!!
That's all such good news! As awful as that rash sounds, it's good that there seems to be something happening. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.
Oh, I am so glad he is going to continue. I will ne praying for your family. Yall are so brave! You have a great blog!!
Wow - what courage; what faith; what endurance - for both you & hubby! Good luck with everything, and keep the faith!
Post a Comment