It reads... "My one wish is" and then Jacob wrote "to cure my dad of cancer"
Wow I mean talk about almost having a complete meltdown. Then I come across this...
It reads "Who's your best Hero ever?" Jacob writes "My Dad"
Ok I knew that my kids were/ are great. I've always considered Richard a Hero of sorts. I mean all the things he has to go through day in and day out. But for Jacob to write this it's overwhelming for me. It bothers me that my Son's one wish is to cure his Dad. It upsets me. I don't know why. Maybe it's because all the other kids got to write things like they wanted a Dirt Bike or to be an MLB all star or a Nascar Driver or a Millionaire like Bill Gates. But No my son just wants his Dad. Wow talk about humbling.
Then as I read I come across this...
It says "What's the best thing you've ever done for a friend?" And my Jacob wrote "Talk to them about God." Praise God! My wonderful son knows that the best thing he can do for his friends is to tell them about Sweet Jesus. I have never been more proud as a Mother, as a Christian as a firm believer than at the very moment I read this.
And then I seen this.
It reads "In my future I see..." And Jacob wrote "Success and Happiness"
Oh Jacob I wish you nothing but plenty of Success and Happiness. You make me so very proud to be your Mother. I love you.











9 comments:
Kori that is so sweet. It made me cry and he is not even my child. Praise God for a son with a tender heart!
Can we please have a tissue alert at the beginning of that post??
That was so beautiful. I'm sure Jacob would just shrug it off, but you have a wonderful young man there. You and Richard should be so proud of the job you are doing with him.
I completely understand why it would be so hard for your son to wish that... such a heavy burden for a young man.
Hugs to you all sweetie.
You could have warned us that we need a kleenex or something. LOL. That was so humbling and sweet. Save that. Its a great piece to come back to when things get rough!
TOOO sweet...can you see me wiping away my tears!!!! TOOO sweet!
Wow, I'm so glad you stopped by so I could stop by here!
There is nothing more important than spreading the good news of our Savior. I'm so glad your son realizes that!
I'll be back....
That is lovely; he is a big-hearted, generous boy, and oyu should feel so blessed.
WOW!!!! Definitely need a tissue for that one!
If you are ever having doubts about your parenting (which I bet you aren't), pull those out! WOW!
What a sweetheart...
OH MY...Kori, thanks for stopping by the state fair with me today. You really COULD use a cheesecake on a stick about now. But this, a boy who sees himself in the midst of uncertainty with a future and a hope. You guys have done an amazing job of exemplifying the life of faith in front of him. SERIOUSLY, amazing. God bless your family!
Post a Comment