Well we're home finally. Why do appointsments have to take so long?
Ok so I know you guys are all on the edge of your seats wanting to know what we found out. Alright calm down... The tumors didn't grow BUT they didn't shrink either. So the Chemo just basically maintained what was already there. Good news but not Great news. Richard will take 4 weeks off of Chemo and still fly out to California as planned the first week of July. In the meantime the Oncology team is going to test the Tumor that they removed last year when he had that and a foot of his colon removed to see if it responds to a new medicine they want to try. It is not Chemo it's an Antibody drug. So they will see if the test show it responding well and if it does he will start on that when he returns home. If it doesn't appear to respond well he can either continue with another 6 week round of the Chemo or not do anything wait 3 months have another scan and see where we are at. But in the meantime we are going to take advantage of the off time and just try to have a great summer.
Thank you all so much for your prayers and for thinking about us through all of this craziness. I'm sure there is plenty more to come. Maybe I can get back to just telling the quirky stories of us and not so much about the Cancer and CF at least for a little while.
6 months ago











3 comments:
Status quo is better than worse, that's something. I hope the antibody responds, so he doesn't need to do chemo again.
I was hoping things would turn out better. My friend with colon cancer is going to start some new drug as well. They are testing the pathology stuff to see if her body is likely to respond to the new drug. It sounds like this is the same thing that Richard is having done. I hope it works for both of them!
SO relieved to hear the tumor has not INCREASED in size or spread...now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the antibody works for him. In the meantime, definitely try to enjoy your summer and have FUN for a change!
Post a Comment