Today I got asked the questions "Why am I here?" and "How do I do it?"
I thought I would post my answers to these questions here just in case anyone else was wondering.
"Why am I here?" I have no choice. I have to work. Richard has always had CF and ever since he was in his early 20's he has been on full disability. It is not enough to support our household. I would love nothing more than to be able to stay home and take care of him. But that is just not possible. We struggle alot. I worry alot about finances and how I'm going to do this or do that. I also pray alot. And somehow things always get taken care of. I also have to work for Insurance. Yes Richard has Medicare but there is 20% that they don't pay for. This can lead to thousands of dollars being due on Hospital admissions. And with my Insurance he doesn't have to pay anything. Which is great. Mainly that is what I work for is the Insurance. When the time comes and Richard gets worse I will take the Family Medical leave which is 12 weeks to stay home and be with him. If I need more than the allotted 12 weeks then we will cross that bridge when we get there. Right now Richard is holding his own and do pretty well. But when he needs me I will be there. We will cross that bridge when it gets here. We have wonderful support from family, friends and our Church. And I know that they would help out however they could. And I'm sure the time is coming when I will need them to help with meals and the boys and housework. But right now I don't need these things. I am capable of handling the day to day things that Richard doesn't feel like doing.
Next question.
"How do I do it?" First off it's not like I had a choice. Ok wait maybe I did. I knew before ever moving here that Richard had CF and I did my fair share of research on this disease. And I made the choice for myself and the boys to take on this life. I would rather have had this life and this love than to spend the rest of my life looking for it. The Cancer I could have done without. We had enough going on with out that being thrown into the mix. But God has a reason. And God is how I do it. And He is the only way I will be able to make it through this.
So now I have a question to ask of you. Is there something you would like to know but haven't asked. Then now is your chance. I will answer any and all questions you have for myself and our family. All you got to do is ask.
6 months ago











5 comments:
Are your toenails painted? What color?
What is your favorite color?
Granny panties or thongs (you asked)?
Tennis shoes or heels?
haha so i could soo answer those questions!! but im not! so hummm... any question i want to ask... ok i got it!! so milo is the new puppy right... well i think he is your puppy rather that the boys!! as the look from your pics can clearly show your eeyore pjs!! are you and richard going to let the boys have a puppy of their own?? and when do i have to live at your house for a week i forgot!?!
I ask myself those questions a lot too... I liked your answers! I will think of something to ask you and post it later. :)
You're amazing.
I have been following your blog for quite some time now, and first I want to say THANKS for being so honest and caring. Your love for Christ shines through each post and I look forward to each day to read what is going on in your walk. You have been thrown such huge load especailly over the last few months but I truly believe that if you lean on God he will carry you through. No questions today, but I will be thinking of one. Have a great evening!!!
Post a Comment