My Daddy and I haven't always gotten along. I was a stubborn little brat after my Mom died when I was 9. See my Mom and Dad weren't together and at the time I didn't see my Dad very often maybe 4 times or so a year. He was a truck driver and alot of time my Mother and I lived out of State. So when my Mother died it was shock for both of us.
Here I was a 9 year old freckled faced tom-boy in all sense of the word. I had never worn a dress before in my life accept for when I was a baby. But I had to have a dress to wear to my Mother's funeral. She died the weekend after Easter. So all the dresses that were available were Pastel. So of course my dress was pink it had a sailor white lace collar. Also I had patent leather white shoes and white tights with a white hat with a pink bow on the brim. I looked like I was going to see the Easter Bunny. My Dad and I laugh about this now but at the time I was not a happy camper. I didn't want to wear a stupid dress especially a pink one. But I did and eveyone thought I was so cute. YUCK!
Anyways growing up I made things very difficult for my dad. I was a spoiled brat and I am not proud of that. I gave him a run for his money that's for sure. When I was 15 I met a guy and I just thought he hung the moon. He was sweet and kind and just absolutely wonderful. When I turned 16 I thought I was grown. My Dad was out of town hauling a load of freight. So I decided I was moving out and I did. I remember the first time I called my Dad after moving out. I said Hey Daddy it's me. And his response was I know who it is and don't daddy me. And he hung up.
Well about 3 months after I moved out I discovered that I was pregnant. I told guy who hung the moon. And he flipped out and became very violent towards me. Well I knew I couldn't go home which now I know I could have. Anyway somehow through all the Hell and torture I was put through my sweet baby was fine and he came into this world as beautiful as ever on December 29th 1996. My Dad did not see him until I finally got enough courage to leave jerk and move in with a friend. Then I went to visit my Dad and we have had an awesome relationship ever since. Jacob was 18 months old at this time and my Dad loved him from the very start. Of course I was young and stupid and I went back to the jerk. I was 18. He promised things would be different and they were for a little while and then I discovered I was pregnant with baby 2. Again he became a jerk. I lived with him until I met Richard and learned what love was really about. Richard loves the boy like they are his own and they love him just the same. It doesn't matter that they don't share the same blood they are his. He is their Dad and the one that is always there no matter what. I can not believe that I stayed in that mess with the jerk for 5 years. It has taken me along time forgive myself for putting my children through that. But they are so much better off without him. He doesn't see them nor does he pay any kind of child support. And I am glad because I have no strings attached to my Ex.
Anyways I have told you all this to express to you how important my Dad is to me. He has taught me the meaning of tough love. And I know I have hurt my Dad numerous times over the years. But now that I am older and wiser. I am so grateful for the life that my dad gave me. And that he let me learn from my mistakes. And I know now that my Dad is proud of the choices I have made and the Life I now have. I love my Dad more now that I am older and have a totally different respect for him than I ever had before. He is wonderful. And I am thankful for the Daddy that has always loved me. No matter how wild I was. He loved me. Even though we didn't talk for sometime. He still Loved me. And he will always love me and I him. So Happy Father's Day to my Daddy and I can't wait to see you and hug in a few short weeks. No matter how old I get there is just something about a hug from my Dad that I love.
6 months ago











2 comments:
What a great post... It is amazing how much our parents know. If we had listened to our parents when we were younger, life sure would have turned out different. I sure hope that K listens to me when she gets to be a teenager... Of course, if I had listened, I wouldn't have had such a great kid.
HEY Kori,
I was married when I was young. I have a post back like in SEPT or OCT on my blog..called love hate forgiveness....it is my story.
This is my 2nd marriage
Post a Comment