So most of you know that ever sense Richard got re diagnosed with the Cancer. That I have been really stressed out. I can cry at the drop of a hat over stuff that is not a big deal. Stress and worry have taken over my life. And I am trying to crawl out of the rut.
I have chosen to take on a hobby that I have always loved but haven't done in years. It helps to ease my mind and it keeps me busy. I pray and crochet. I just started back yesterday and I have 2 projects in the works. Guess I'm really stressed considering how much I already have done. It's working though. Sometimes I get so lost in the moment of praying and talking to God I don't think of all the bad stuff going on. Thank God for balls of yarn.
I am also going to bed a little earlier and reading a book for about an hour before turning the lights out. I am sleeping better so it is helping to "Slow my Roll". Still not all through the night but more sleep than before.
I'm excited about these milestones with my stress control. Hey whatever works. Right? I will be sure to display my finished pieces with I'm through with them. The blue and green one is for Kim she has to have one she said. And the other one well it's for the Hubby when he curls up in the recliner in the evenings. I don't think he knows that though. So shhhhh...
I guess when I'm through with these too I will just crochet to do it. Maybe Christmas presents. Hmmmm... there's a thought. Anybody want an afghan made?












10 comments:
I'm glad you've found something to help you with the stress. Pray and crochet...what a great idea!
I found your blog through Krystyn's. I am so sorry to hear about your husband.
I hope that the crocheting helps with your stress. I know the praying will!
What a great idea... Anything to help at this point. I am glad you are getting more sleep. That is probably one of the most important things you can do for your body right now. I can't wait to see the finished products!
Glad you found something to divert your mind and hands from the stress, love that each stitch is covered in prayer, both for your heart, and those that receive. Prayers for you today.
blessings,
kari & kijsa
yep the green one is so mine!!! im excited! is it going to be a birthday present?? you know its like a month and a half away!! love you!!!
I am a firm believer in whatever it takes to get you through the day, as long as it isn't something unhealthy like drinking or drugs (reference to MY post, LOL). I don't have any words of sympathy, and it would be presumptous to say them anyway, since htis is my first visit to your blog, but I wanted to stop and marvel at the fact that there are TWO of us. Like you, this is the first time I have seen the same spelling; was your mom on drugs when she had you, too? :) Have a good day. And I love the crocheting!
Beautiful afghans! Love the pretty colors! When I am stressed I knit and I totally can relate to it being a great stress-reliever! I'm glad to hear it's helping and that you are taking time out for YOU.
having something to ease your stress is good and my thoughts and prayers are will you. I hope it is helping for me it would probably be stressful but I have always wanted to learn to knit. :)
Hi Kori,
Tony and Tammy gave me your Blog address, I try to read it often so I can keep up with Richard. Richard and you and the boys are in our Prayers. Richard is special to us and we are Praying for you all. Tell him I said hello.
Gena (Tony's sister)
My e-mail is gcseals@windstream.net let me know when you have specific needs you want me to Pray for, I will Pray, I have Richard written in my Prayer Journal.
Hi, I just found your blog through Nate and Tricia's. Wow! You've got a lot going on. I am so praying for your husband and you.
Glad you found a hobby! I am so not domestic and have tried knitting. I can knit one long row and that's it. : ) I do photography instead, though I suppose I should work on my domestic skills some more (not that my family is starving (thanks to McDonalds) or naked (thanks to Macy's). : )
Seriously, praying.Couldn't imagine the stress and having to deal each day. Hugs to you.
Post a Comment