Friday, June 20, 2008

I am thrilled that today is Friday. It has been crazy here at work this week. They are still renovating my office space so I remain out in the lobby with my little pushcart that contains my computer and phone. I have to wheel it out here every morning and then make sure to wheel it back in, in the evening and lock it up. It's not so bad out here I don't suppose. But I'm ready to have my office space back. 2 more weeks they say. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Don't have to much planned for this weekend and I am very glad for that. I just want to be lazy and lounge around the house and wear my PJ's. Curl up on the couch and read a good book or work on my afghans that is my plan. Then in the evening when the boys come in from outside we can play board games and watch movies. Yay! for a quite and peaceful weekend coming my way.

Richard hasn't been feeling the best the last couple of days. I'm not quite sure what is going on with him. He's been napping in the afternoons and going to bed early at night. This really isn't like him. He's been complaining about a backache though. So maybe that's what it is. His color really doesn't look good. It hasn't for sometime now. It makes it hard for me to look at him and see how he is feeling. But he has those eyes that tell on him. And when he talks I can tell. His breathing is better not so short anymore. But he is starting to cough more frequently. Maybe it's just the humid weather we've been having.

We are still waiting to hear about the test they did on the Tumor they removed last year to see if the Antibody drug they want to use is showing signs of working. I hope so because the Chemo is really tough on him. He is enjoying this time being off of it though. And we are going on vacation before he starts backon the Cghemo or the new drug if it works. First he is making his trip to California for a week and then when he gets back the very next day we are leaving to head to the BEACH for a WEEK! Whoo Hoo! Can you tell I'm excited! Oh yeah babe. I love our family vacations it has been so long since we have taken one we all are ready and counting down the days.

I just hope Richard gets over this hump he's on. I don't know maybe this is his plateau and this is just how it's going to be. I try really hard not to think about the time limits the Doctor gave us and I try not to think about all the things he said when Richard gets into the later stages of the Cancer. But seeing him not bouncing back like he normally would after a 10 day stay in the hospital leaves me to think. Is this just the beginning of the end? I just want him to feel better than he does. I pray for God to just let him feel a little better. I know God hears me and he does what he thinks is best whether I think it is or not. I still stand firm in my Faith and I trust in God's plan no matter how much it hurts. He has a plan for us.

Didn't intend on writing a book. Hope you all have an awesome weekend.

4 comments:

BBB said...

Friday's are wonderful aren't they? I like the jammie's and book idea.. I may just borrow that.

Dawn said...

Hi! I ran across your blog today and wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading it! I hope your husband is feeling better and that your weekend was relaxing!

Dawn

Susie said...

I hope you had a good and relaxing weekend. I hope the news for the test is a good one. I have been praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Continue to enjoy every precious moment with Richard. It IS hard and I can see how you want to look ahead, but it's the quality of his life that will be most important and what will stick with you down the road. When my father was ill, I spent every single day going over to see him (and my poor mother who was his caretaker and who put her own health on the back burner during that time) and even when we couldn't get out, we'd drink coffee and tell stories and reminisce and just BE together and for that, I will always be grateful to have had the (small) amount of time we had with him.
I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the test is good news!