I'm not as loved as I thought I was. I'm a little disappointed in my Q & A so I decided to draft it.
Anywho things around here are going good. Sort of. Richard and I have been bickering the last couple of days over his trip to California. It's not that I don't want him to go but as a caretaker and a wife and not being able to go with him I am worried. It is my nature ya know. He can't take his vest with him because he is traveling alone he can't lug that heavy thing around so that means no chest PT of any kind for a week. Not to mention the flight itself plus a 2 hour layover in Dallas then when he gets to Sacremento he has to ride the 4 hours to Redding to get to his Dad's. That's enough to wear out a normal healthy person. But a person that has CF and Cancer and just finished Chemo and got out the hospital for a 10 day stay. I mean HELLO.I am not a happy camper.
And it's not that I don't doubt that his family there will take care of him. But there are alot of things they don't know. Like his medicine regimen what meds he gets when he's in the hospital, what he's allergic to, just alot of things. And God forbid something happen the nearest CF center is in Sacremento so that means a 4 hour drive back the other way. I do not think Richard should make the trip at least not now maybe when I can go with him and he hasn't just gotten out of the hospital.
I know how badly he wants to go and meet everyone. Honestly I do. And I and the boys would like to too. Why can't they all come here? I mean planes fly both ways the last time I checked. And if some of them are buying plane tickets to fly there couldn't they as easily fly here. I know that it would be simpler for Richard to just fly there but sometimes do to health and other issues you have to make sacrifices.
I don't know why I bother writing this it's not going to change anything the plane ticket has already been purchased. Of course we only agreed on him going 3 or 4 days but Oh NO he's going for 7 days. How did that happen you ask? The plane ticket and planning was done after I went to bed. UGH I could pinch his head off sometimes.
If he gets out there and something happens I can't just drop everything and fly to California. I have a job a very good job. And I would have to find someone to take care of the boys. I just think that all these things should have been considered by all parties.
I don't understand why the whole reunion thing couldn't be pushed back a few days. I can take off anytime beginning on the 10th and then I and the boys could fly with him. But oh No that would just disrupt everything for everyone.
I just really don't like this at all. I don't think I am being unreasonable by not wanting Richard to travel alone. Nor do I think I am being unreasonable when it comes to his health.
We have been married for almost 8 years and I love him more than anything. Him and the boys are my everything. I hope he has a good time because this will be the last trip he makes out there alone.
6 months ago











7 comments:
Men can be so irritating. I know Ric doesn't often think of the consequences to some of the things he does. I hear you being logical about it. For instance, knowing how his health is, the family could have made arrangements to come to see him closer to you. I am sorry, and I know that you will be worried the entire time he is gone. Hopefully he will be healthy the entire time he is there...
I think what you're saying makes PERFECT sense...he really should not be travelling with his immune system so low right now...thinking about all the germs at airports and airplanes...not to MENTION like you said that he is flying alone. Why are men so freakin' stubborn? And like you said, why can't his family, for this one time, come your way? Geez, it sucks. I hope he has a healthy, safe trip with no incidents!
Hi there. I have been following your blog for a few weeks (from Nate and Trish). I do have a question for you - Where did you get your necklace that you have on in the picture? I have Planet Jill things but yours looks different. I like it. I don't blame the way you feel - you have his best interest at heart. Take care and I wish the best for your family. Laura
Ugh, family, that's why I moved so far away. I bet when he gets there, and they see all the meds, all the women will be yelling at him.
Hye Laura thanks for admiring my necklace. It's my favorite and I love it. I actually went to a party a friend of mine had for a friend of hers. She learned how to make the jewelry from the internet. It's actually made out of clay. I don't know how she does it. But I absolute favorite piece of jewelry and it's reversable with two different pictures. The girl that did mine just does it as a little side job thing. But I found this website that does the exact same kind of jewelry. And there stuff is awesome. I have a bracelet from them. So check them out I'm sure you will find something you like.
http://www.em-jewelry.com
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I would totally love to make you some cards. I've never made them for anyone before so I wouldn't even begin to know what to charge, let me think on it. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting your hubby to go to Califorinia. After all he's and you have been through I wouldn't want him to leave my sight for a second. I think your right, they are the healthy ones, they should fly to where you are. Good Luck, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Hey Kori....I've been keeping up with your daily blogs. Ya'll are constantly in my prayers. I've decided to start a blog of my own after seeing yours and Nate's and Trish's blog as well. So I put a link of your blog on mine. I haven't done much with mine...but plan to soon. Check it out and pass it along: http://cftransplantmiracle.blogspot.com/
Hope you are doing ok!
Post a Comment