
Yep that is Richard's Chemo pill holder. It's the last day. One dose this morning and one this evening and he is through for now of course. All I can say is...
Yay! Whoo Hoo! Yipeeeeee!
He hasn't felt good at all this weekend. He has slept and slept some more. He is having a hard time breathing he feels like his lungs are more restricted than normal. He gets winded just having a regular conversation. Oh I am so very glad today is the last day.
Now we just wait. June 9th is the tell all day. 2 weeks from today. The day that we find out if all this has been worth it. If it has worked. If it hasn't worked. If the tumors are slowing down. If they have shrunk any at all. If they are continuing to grow despite all the Chemo. What will we do then. I don't know. This is pretty much our last stitch effort to try to slow the progression of this disease. Of course there are other drugs that Richard can do but I don't know where he stands as far as doing them. We have talked about it to some degree but it is his decision as to what he thinks his body can handle and if he feels like it's a good thing to do. Seems like we have become experts at this whole waiting game. We are Pro's I tell ya. Although my lack of patience leaves a little something to be desired. But I'm trying to be better about that.The boys are doing good. They are certainly enjoying being out of school. Staying up late and sleeping late they are loving it. And I have to admit it makes me feel better knowing that they are home with Richard and he's not here by himself. And I want them to remember these days with their Daddy. They are going to be very special and something they can look back on. I am thankful for these days. Family time around here has taken on a whole new meaning.
Well I guess I better go get my ribs on so they can par boil before we grill 'em up. Yep we're doing the Memorial Day BBQ since the hubby doesn't feel well. Some ribs, potato salad and I'm not real sure what else But I promise it will be super yummy. Hope all you guys have a Happy Memorial Day. And be sure to give Thanks to the Troops.











3 comments:
Prayers that it works and you get awesome news in 2 weeks!
Ditto Krystyn!
I'm thinking of Richard and praying the chemo helped shrink those tumors!! HEALING VIBES coming your way!!
Post a Comment