Friday, May 2, 2008

Are you AWARE?

Capitol Hill has declared May "National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month"!

I am so excited about this. And I just know you are too. At least one person a day dies from CF. More people need to be aware of this disease that to date still does not have a cure. It is important that more people know that this disease affects thousands of people all over the world.

The average lifespan for a person with Cystic Fibrosis is 36. My husband will be 46 in July and everyday with this disease gets a little harder for him.

But with your help and the help of others we can make people AWARE! We can make a Difference.

Please consider making a donation to the CF Foundation and help in the efforts of one day making CF stand for Cure Found!

http://www.cff.org/great_strides/korimcculley

1 comments:

Susie said...

Kori - I followed your link from Are We There Yet to see your picture and I read your story. My heart goes out to you and your family. Colon cancer has touched my life recently (well over the past couple of years) through a friend and my husband is going through treatments for neck cancer.

I am glad your husband has decided to continue with the treatments, difficult as they are. I found a great place to purchase things for all cancer related stuff called Choose Hope (www.choosehope.com). I purchased some things for my husband and friend recently that have boosted both of their spirits as well as items that can help with the nausea, etc.

The other thing I noticed is how you said you weren't strong. Yes, you are. One of the hardest things is to be a caregiver for someone with a life threatening disease. You have to face two. You are strong, I admire how you are your situation.

I will pray for you and your family.