Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pretty good day!

Today has been a very good day at our house.

First thing this morning we had Sunday School here at the house. Thanks to Ken and our Class for that. It was awesome having them all here with us studying God's word. We have pretty much had a very lazy day for the most part. Richard is trying to get plenty of rest in and just take it easy before he starts back up on Chemo tomorrow. But that's Ok. ya know why?

BECAUSE IT"S THE LAST WEEK!

These past 5 weeks have been really hard on him. And I am so glad to see the Chemo finally coming to an end. But we don't know if it has even worked or not. We pray that it has and when they do the scan June 9th that it will show that it has indeed done some good. If it has the treatments may continue but we aren't sure about any of that yet. Richard has said that once he finishes this week it will probably be time for him to go in for another routine round of antibiotics to treat his CF. He has done exceptionally well considering. This will be his first time in 5 months when he was in for 24 days. I am just so very thankful that he has been able to make it this far with the Chemo. His strength amazes me. Somedays I know he doesn't want to do it anymore and he just wants to throw in the towel. But he just keeps going instead.

I hope you all have had a great weekend as well. I know my friend April did since she got married yesterday. Congratulations April and D. Much love to you guys for a very great future together.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I love the header picture on your blog what a great looking family you have,

Susie said...

Happy End of Chemo Day! Oh, I am soooo looking forward to that day in another four weeks. I will be praying for good news on June 9. Hugs all around and have a "Life's Too Short" dinner (dessert first or like K and I like, just dessert.... lots and lots of dessert)

HoodMama said...

What an amazing story you have! And beautifully written. Congratulations on End of Chemo!