Very slow day at work today. Nothing exciting happened except the yummy black bean salsa that Minnie Mouse brought to work to make me happy. Loved it. Minnie Mouse is my lovely co~worker. She ROCKS! I really love my job. Even though I have only been there 6 months it feels like I have been there much longer. And no that isn't a bad thing. It has taken me 28 years to find a job that I really like and this one is it. It certainly has it's less desirable moments but they are far, few and in between. I am happy with where I'm at in my life right now and that's all that matters.
So I am sitting here while Richard does a breathing treatment. I am a little worried about him because his lips are really dark and so are his nail beds. But he's doing a treatment to see if it helps. It takes a couple of days for his breathing to get better after he finishes a week of Chemo. It makes me nervous when his breathing gives him these fits. He goes to Pulmonary Clinic on Thursday and he is going to talk to the Doctor about possibly getting some Oxygen for here at the house that he can use on an as needed basis. Guess we'll see how that goes. it all depends on what his Sat's are. I'm not really sure how low they have to be before they will consider it. But he gets so short of breath just walking a few steps and coughing is terrible. Sometimes he coughs so hard he feels like he is going to pass out. Sometimes I just feel helpless.
Seems like my blogging addiction has rubbed off on my very loving husband he has created his own. So for those of you are interested in the other half of this story you can check it out. http://www.richardslongjourney.blogspot.com He is definitely getting the hang of the blog world.
Listening to the humming of Richard's nebulizer is making me sleepy. He is exhausted as well. It's the little things that wear him out. He's almost through and I am going to bed. Be blessed!
6 months ago











2 comments:
Kori - thanks so much for the encouraging words yesterday. I really needed it, obviously. As always, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers as we all go through these tough times. You are a great friend! Susie
You know, I have been thinking it but not saying lately, wondering if oxygen would be the way to go? Like you said, of course, it depends on what the insurance will cover with his oxygen levels, but I really hope it works out for him!
Post a Comment