Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mi Vida Loca

Yep that's right My crazy life has started.

Just as I suspected Richard went to his CF clinic appointment today and he was admitted. A wife knows all I tell you. Ok so not really but after being married for 7 and a half years I can pretty much look at Richard and tell when it is time for a tune~up. And this was definitely the time.

I am never ready for this nor am I ever prepared. It never gets any easier. We packed him all up last night because I just wanted to be somewhat prepared. His appointment was at 9 and he called me at 9:15 to tell me that Yes they were going to put him in a room. His PFT's were low but not as bad as we thought they would be. Which is a blessing. So I went and helped get all the things out of the car big honking 100 pound suitcase and his Vest that has to weigh like 80 pounds and I lugged that sucker all the way to the room. Got him all settled in and comfortable and then I walked across the street to get back to work. Another reason I love my job I work at the Hospital just in the Rehabilitation part but I am just a crosswalk away from the hubby I love so much. So for the next 2 weeks my lunches will be spent with him.

14 days doesn't seem like a long time but trust me it is. See I am pretty much the breadwinner for our family. And Richard takes care of the house. So now for 2 weeks I become a single parent. I work a 40 hour week come home cook dinner, do laundry, pick up and put up, make sure the boys get showers and brush their grubbing hoes (that would be teeth for all non-southern peeps) Get me a bath, figure out what to wear to work tomorrow, pay bills all while trying to fit visits in to the hospital and make sure the boys are doing ok. It makes me tired just thinking about it and that is something else I have said many times I don't sleep much well when Richard is gone sleep is pretty much non existent. Yes I am a scaredy cat and I hear all the bumps in the night and creeks this old house of mine makes. Never will I be used to this.

But I know that... The will of God will never take you Where the Grace of God won't protect you.
Thank God for my crazy life. I will take everyday he continues to give us and never will I be ungrateful.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I was thinking about you today. I am sorry Richard has to be in the hospital. And that single mom thing is never any fun. I hear you on all counts! Hopefully he will be feeling better in no time and the news on the 9th will be great.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I just found your blog through Firecracker Mom's blog. I am in awe of your family! I will definitely be back to read more.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

14 days is a long time! I pray that God gives you the strength to get through another stay! And, that Richard's stay will be shorter than expected.

Tiffany said...

I am glad you will be so close to him over the next 2 weeks.

I think about you everyday and send all the courage and strength I can muster.