Tuesday, May 20, 2008

For Amy

A couple of weeks ago or maybe longer. (I have no concept of time obviously) You had posted a blog at either Baked Alaska or Occho Grosso (not sure which sorry) that had to do with Strawberries. And one of the things you mentioned was is there such a thing as Strawberry Bread. Well yes, yes there is. I have made this recipe several times and it always gets rave reviews. So here it is and when you make it let me know what you think.

Strawberry Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups Strawberries
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Grease and flour 2 9x5 inch loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350
Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk to blend. Whisk together eggs and oil in another bowl add strawberries and pecans. Add straberry mixture to flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into pans. Bake until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean abdout 1 hour. Let cool in pans for 15 minutes and remove. ENJOY!
Now on to other blog news. Not to much happening here on the home front. Richard is hanging in there and holding his own. I came home from work to the sounds of laughter coming from Jacob's room all three of my fellas were in the floor playing Mario Cart on the Wii. I love the sound of my guys having a good time. They are my heart. And I just have to say YAY tomorrow is Hump Day. Only 3 more days until a 3 day weekend. Whoo Hoo!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I remembered you had one, but obviously wasn't going to bug you about it, since you have other more important things going on than indulging the whims of a complete stranger! I may not be able to make it until later this summer, when our electricity prices go back to normal.