I have always been somewhat of an optimistic person although with certain things I can be very realistic as well. But I'm sure you have heard the saying "every cloud has a silver lining" basically meaning that you shouldn't feel hopeless because difficult times lead to better days. Really?
Lets' see it's only 8:35 Am and so far this morning... I got up late started ironing my shirt that I wanted to wear and realized it had something on the sleeve. Don't know what it was. The shirt was clean. Then I proceed to do my make up and notice that my face is all broke out. Great and wonderful. So I proceed to make myself look somewhat descent after getting another shirt and using excess amounts of concealer. And then I hear the lovely sound of Richard coughing his head off while doing a breathing treatment and then coming from the bathroom Jacob yells... "Mom Calob is throwing up". Oh great. Calob is white as a ghost burning up with fever and puking his dinner up from last night. Bless is heart. Then he starts to cry and begs me to stay home with him. Well I couldn't. I have only been at my job since November and can't afford to take time off until my 6 month review at the end of this month. So Richard being weak and tired from Chemo and not needing to even be in the same house with a sick child is going to have to tend to him the best he can.
I called Papa Jerry and he was going to come and take Jacob to school so Richard wouldn't have to leave Calob. I pray that Richard doesn't catch it cause he certainly couldn't handle it.
So I ask can you see a silver lining? Surely the rest of the day will be less eventful. Here's hoping your day is going better than mine.
6 months ago











2 comments:
Oh no... I feel the pain. You will get through this, one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time, and this is one of those days. I don't know what the silver lining is. Just that this too will pass.
Awful. I think your "can you see a silver lining" is rhetorical, but I'll try anyway (if even only to make you smile for a second) - at least Calob didn't puke on the second shirt.
Here's hoping everybody sick gets better, and everybody who's not stays that way!
Post a Comment