Monday, May 5, 2008

Manic Monday

We all had a pretty good weekend. Crawfish Boil was Friday night and then yesterday we went to Homestead Hollow. I swear I think I could live there. It was a perfectly beautiful day to spend in the great Alabama outdoors wanted to do something before Richard started feeling bad again and we can't do anything.

So here we are on Monday. Richard is over at the Oncology Lab getting an infusion. This is his on week. So I am trying to prepare myself for the days to come. He always feels so bad and has the hardest time with his breathing. Although I know I have to be thankful for the good weeks which most of this past week has been a great week. I will be so glad when this is over and we will find out if it worked or not. We know that the Chemo is not gonna cure him but if it works it will buy us some more time together. All in all as far as his CF goes he has been feeling pretty good. Although I have noticed that he has had a more frequent productive cough here lately. He has been out of the hospital since December so 5 months is pretty good compared to him going in every 2 to 3 months. So I am thinking there is probably a hospital admission in our near future.

The boys are doing great as usual. School is almost over only a couple of weeks left and boy are they excited. Jacob had a field trip today that he has been talking about forever. This is his last year at the Elementary School so this is like a Senior Trip for them I suppose. Richard was supposed to go with him but because of his treatment he was unable to. But our friend Kimberlee has decided to go with him. I'm sure they will have a great time. I had to go buy a disposable camera for Jacob to take so that he could take lots of pictures with his friends. No way was I gonna let him take my digital camera.

Calob is doing fine. He is counting down the days till School is out. He has a report due on Friday on the State of Georgia that he has known about for 2 weeks and I just found out about it Saturday. I don't know what I'm going to do with that boy. He always waits till the last minute to do anything. So now we have to scramble to get things done. Oh the excitement.

I am at work and so ready for this Monday to be over and for Tuesday to roll on here. Surely it's gonna be a less hectic day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kori, I just found your blog and wanted to say hi, since I also am a "CFer's Wife". I really liked your post on strength - I think your faith is so inspiring. I've had my share of fears but can't imagine the ones you face with cancer in addition to CF. But I feel the same way when it comes to worrying about being strong - even if I'm not strong myself, at least I know God will help give me strength when I need it. Finding other people who face similar challenges and are able to be strong also helps give me courage. So thanks for posting your thoughts here!
Best wishes for you and your husband. You will both be in my prayers.

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear you guys had a great week and weekend. I will say some prayers for you all since this week will prove to be a bit more tough...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad you guys had such an amazing weekend.

Hopefully, you will be wrong about the hospital stay in the future!

Good luck on the report on Georgia!

Susie said...

Don't you just hate the days following chemo? I love the pictures from the weekend. I have found myself wanting to make the memories as well the past couple of weeks, and we have done a great job. I just haven't posted our pictures... soon.

I hope you are wrong about the hospital stay. Just remember to stay positive. Take one day at a time, and if that is too long, minute by minute works too!