Ok so let me tell ya about my two mischievous boys. My Mother-in-Law made me this really cute candy dish thing for Mother's Day and it was filled with all kinds of chocolate goodness. Well one day last week I noticed that it was looking a little low. I just assumed that it was Richard's Chemo sweet tooth again. Well this evening I went to grab a piece and it was completely empty. nothing not even a bite.
So I asked my loving hubby about it. And he says that he noticed it was empty yesterday. Well there is only 4 of us that live in this house. So I questioned the boys about it. their response was No Ma'am we didn't eat any except for one piece. Ok so this is definitely amazing disappearing candy. WOW! So after the boys left for Church I decided to do some investigating. First I went to Calob's room. Nothing... then I made my way down to Jacob's room. There on the floor I seen a couple of pieces of paper which happened to be from my chocolate. When I bent down to pick them up I noticed that the pocket on the video chair was bulging and what to my surprise did I see. Yep you guessed it a bunch of little shiny pieces of foil. So as any Mother would do. I brought the chair in the dining room and hid it.
Both of the boys have one of these chairs and they are both kept in Jacob's room since that's where the Wii is. So I couldn't really blame anyone.
So when they got home I asked Jacob do you want to really tell me what happened to the candy. Because I now have evidence to prove that one of you has been sneaking and eating it. Jacob's response was Mom I had 4 pieces not 1 like I told you. I'm sorry Mom I will buy you a whole big bag of candy with my 5 dollars. And then I said it's not the candy I care about it's the fact that you lied to me. Your punishment for lying is to go clean up your room (which wasn't all that bad to begin with) and then it's bed time. He gave me a hug and kiss told me he was sorry and off he went.
Now Calob's turn. Still not knowing the evidence I have he looks a little nervous.
me: Calob would you like to tell Mom what happened with the Candy?
Calob: No ma'am I only had 1 piece.
me: Really? Are you sure? because if Jacob only had 4 and you only had 1 then there should be a lot of candy left in my bowl because I have only had a couple and so has Daddy.
Calob still insisting that he has only had one. So I pulled out the chair and then...
Calob: (looking really sad with those blue puppy dog eyes that are tear filled) I've been getting it Mom when Dad has been outside or sleeping I've been sneaking it to the room.
me: Go clean you room and when you're done brush your teeth and go to bed. And no candy for at least a month you have had enough to last at least that long.
Calob: hugs and kisses and tears and I'm sorry Mom.
Now why they chose to lie about Candy of all things I will never know. But they now have learned that Mom is no dummy and I will investigate if need be. I have pulled way to many stunts on my parents in the 28 years of my life. And I know all the tricks of the trade. All they had to do was ask and I would have given it to them anyway. Why do kids choose the hard way all the time. Anyway now we know why Calob hasn't been eating lunch or dinner. He's been full from all the chocolate goodness.
On a side note. I have now learned to open mouth insert foot. I was so sure that David A. was going to win Idol tonight. But obviously I was wrong. I like Cook, I just thought David A. was a shoe in. I'm sure we will be hearing lots from the both of them regardless who the winner is.
Richard is still doing pretty good. A little bit more breathing treatments than normal but he is thinking once he finishes up this last week of Chemo that he is going to need to go in the hospital for a CF tune-up. And I totally agree. He's been our for going on 6 months so it is about that time.
6 months ago











2 comments:
Oh, kids will be kids, right?Always pushing to see what they can get away with.
I think no matter what we teach our kids, they are going to experiment with lying. But, you taught them both that lying doesn't cut it!
As a teacher of high schoolers, I thank you!
I will be sure to get the kids some (lots) of candy when they come out here. Then they won't eat yours! Love you all!!
Post a Comment