I can't think of any other word to describe the past couple of days except for... splendid.
It has just been the four of us here at home in the peace and quite enjoying each others company, watching movies, eating leftovers and lots of pie with Hot chocolate, coffee for me and the hubs of course, lounging in our pajamas. Does it get any better?
Nope.
It's just been Perfectly Splendid.
Tomorrow is Monday which in turn starts another crazy week. Exactly 25 days till Christmas and I can't seem to get into the spirit of it all. I did go out Friday for a little bit after taking Kim to work. I picked up just a couple of things. The crowds were just more than I felt like dealing with.
December 11th seems to be the only day on my mind. I am dreading it. I don't know why this time I am so anxious. We have done these scans and visits with the Oncologist so many times you would think it would be like second nature. Maybe it's just because I don't want to hear anymore bad news especially here before Christmas. I am slightly more stressed than normal. I have been having these crazy dreams about the scan, waking up in cold sweats. What is that about? Seriously. I think maybe that dirty old Devil is trying to break my spirit. But Oh no sir. I will continue to Pray it Up. Cause God hears me and knows all the wants of my heart. He is Good, He is Mighty, He is Mine. He knows. It is all in His hands and in His time.
Also be checking back in on Tuesday I have a little something I want to show you all. It has to do with just how wonderful of a Dad my Hubby really is.
6 months ago











34 comments:
Hang in there girl. Keep the faith!
My kind of weekend!! Keep up your courage!!
Continued, continued prayers!
And, thanks for the 25 day freak out!
Perfectly said Kori,
His Hands, His Time, He Knows, He's Your's!!!
So glad your long weekend was splendid! Isn't that a fabulous word, it just rolls off the tongue soooooo nicely!!
Your time together sounds heavenly, and exactly what you need right now.
Our family is sending prayers your way right now. And Gabe's real loud, so I'm sure God will hear him.
Try to keep your sanity this week, despite the busy-ness of life with kids in school, etc.
Good for you. I'm glad your weekend was mostly relaxing! Hope this week goes ok.
We did a lot of nothing this weekend too. And I loved it!
Many prayers for you all!
prayers!!!!! HUGS!
I'm so glad you all had a great weekend together!!!
Still praying for you all!!
I know it's hard... but just live it one day at a time babe... focus on the splendidness of today... don't borrow trouble from tomorrow or the next day or the 11th.... live in the moment you have sweetie.l
It's so hard to follow in Lizzy's footsteps. Cause she always has the best comments. And the most sound advice. Revel in your togetherness today. We'll add our prayers - and hope that they are as loud as Gabe's!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful long weekend!!! Enjoy the good times. Those last forever!
I can understand your anxiety- and you are dealing with it exactly how you should- taking it the One Who Holds Our Future in His Hands.
Hang in there, girl- lots of love out here for you.
xoxo!!
I think and pray for you all so much. Hugs! glad you had a wonderful weekend.
I think your blog is great and your writing is wonderful. I will pray for you. Your blog is a blessing... and I am happy you had a Happy Thanksgiving.
Hey, sounds like a great holiday weekend to me!! I hope the spirit of Christmas captures you soon. Praying for Richard and you and the kiddos.
Today I wrote down all of your names in my prayer journal...and next to it I wrote, "VICTORY." Because that is my world for you all. I claim it in Jesus' Name.
Girl, I'm getting all spiritual up in your blog. It's a good time.
Pray It Up! We'll all be right there with you too!
Your Thanksgiving break sounds absolutely Splendid! Bliss!
I wish for more perfectly splendid days for you. I'll be praying.
Glad you had a spendlid day!!
You having a splendid holiday with your guys makes me feel splendid :)
Hang in there, girl. I pray for you every day!
xoxo
Great news. I'm glad you got some good family time in.
As for the shopping and the season, I so hear you there. It would be so much better if Christmas came in March after I got my tax money back.
I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend, you all certainly deserve it!
I love that it was splendid.
Your deserve splendor.
I'm so glad that you had a splendid weekend with your family. What a memorable Thanksgiving.
"The Father is fond of you Kori!"
Keep your chin up and enjoy the splendid times.
I'll be praying for you too!
I pray that your mind will be at ease and that you will be able to enjoy these next few days without stress and anxiety. Enjoy the beautiful feelings of this special seasons. Best Wishes!
And if the devil doesn't like it, he can sit on a tack!
Thought I'd take you back to Sunday School with that one ;o)
Hang in there, girly .. praying it up with you!
Oh, and a big thumbs up for pie, pajama's and .. phamily ;o)
My favorite combo
What a perfect weekend...
For some reason, the closer those scans get, the more stress we are under. I was so anxious the day of Ric's last scan, I was a mess. I got absolutely nothing done at work. That is when you need to take a "me" day. I watch my friend with the colon cancer and think of Richard and pray that both of them are cured.
You need more of those perfect weekends.
I love 'jama days with my grandchildren. We don't get dressed until their Mam, my daughter is due to arrive! She just doesn't get this at all, she's got to be up and doing.
Take care Kori
Glad your weekend was so great. I have decided to tag you. It's the Gratitude Tag, see my blog for the information.
Glad you had a great day! I'll be crossing my fingers for the appointment!!
I'm sorry you're dreading December 11th.
I'm glad you guys had a wonderful, splendid weekend.
Post a Comment