The word humbled means meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
Over the past few days I have been trying to evaluate several things in my life. And the only way I can express how I feel is truly humbled.
I have been praying lately in a completely different way so to speak. I have never been one to pray for help with things that are going on in our life. But I have prayed for a miracle several times over the last few months. I have prayed for a sign from God that he hears me.
But not lately.
My prayers lately are more of thanks to God. I am no longer praying for a miracle but I know that God knows the wants of my heart.
I want to thank Him and praise Him for all the beautiful things in my life. I want Him to know that He is my all in all. My Savior, My King, My Father.
Instead of asking for more years together with the husband I love so much. I want to thank God for the 8 years he has given us and I want Him to know that I am happy and content with that.
Instead of asking Him why?, I want Him to know that I know it is Him and His plan not us and ours.
I want to thank Him for the roof that shelters us from the weather,and the food that fills us so that we will know no hunger.
I have wept. I want my heart to be Humbled before the Lord and for Him to know that I am thankful for all of His daily gifts.
2 Chronicles 34:27 says
Because your heart was responsive and you humbled yourself before God when you heard what He spoke against this place and it's people, and because you humbled yourself before me and tore your robes and wept in my presence, I have heard you, declares the Lord. (NIV)
-- When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
6 months ago











37 comments:
Beautiful. You speak with words that are wise beyond your years and a lot of people that are older than we are. Thank you for reminding us to be grateful for what we do have, instead of focusing on what we dont have. You have been put into my life for a reason Kori, and I am so glad to know you and be able to call you friend!
Hugs and prayers.
I'm so glad you have the strength to look at things in his light.
Kori you are just an amazing, amazing person. And I so very thankful that God put you in my life...
That's a lovely posting. You're amazing to be able to think like that, so many people would be bitter.
The world often seems filled with people who just want more and more. They'll never be happy, they know the price of everything and the value of nothing. You certainly have the right values Kori.
God Bless.
this is beautiful and you do have so much to be thankful for. i saw your blog in ann again...and again's sidebar and since my son has cf, your blog caught my eye.
i'll be praying for you, richard, jacob and calob!
stay strong!
When you get to the point where you are truly humbled, you gain so much more then you can imagine! Yes, I have been humbled and I thank God for it. Praying for you and your family as always.
Perfect! Beautiful! Amazing!
still lifting you and yours up to our Heavenly Father.
You are amazing Miss Kori-Kins. It takes a LOT of faith to get past the "asking for" prayers to the "thanking for" prayers.
I love you pooh bear!
A very inspiring post Kori, so glad that you have such a thankful heart! Blessings to you!
Kori...you are amazing....I know God hears you....and the wants of your heart. Sending you hugs and prayer from St.Louis...I so wish I could do more.
I would like to say that you encourage me through blogging aboout your life. Know that I am praying for you, Richard and your boys.
In Revelation, the letters to the churches, God has given promises "...to those who overcome..." Hold on!!! The journey is not over.
Love to you and your family.
Betty Ann
You have been weighing on my heart for the last couple of days, ever since I read your last post, and every time I think about you I pray for strength for you. You are an amazing person and your family is lucky to have you in their lives.
Kori...that was amazing! Just Amazing! YOU all are in my thoughts daily!
You oh you!!! you just did the best post....you are a great person.
what a great post to show right to your heart. I am sure God knows your heart and hears your prayers.
hang in there.
hugs to you and your family.
Just lovely .. I often find myself struggling to remember the praises, not just asking for the worries and needs.
Thanks for the reminder .. you and your family are covered in my prayers.
You bless me, Kori. I thank God for your friendship. Love you.
Kori, just stopping in after 10 days away...My heart is breaking for you. I am in awe of your faith and strength during these times. Praying for many blessings to come your way!
That was really beautiful to read. And a great reminder. It takes great strength to be humble and grateful in light of your circumstances. I know God is blessing you.
What a beautiful reminder to us all...no matter our circumstances. Thank you and blessings to you today!
Between the song & your post, I can hardly see to type. Found my way over from Tardevil & just wanted to let you know that I am touched by your grace & your acceptance. I'll be praying for your family.
I left a little something for you over at my stie, here is the link:
http://shinershouseoffun.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-got-another-one.html
I am so glad that you are finding peace. I was thinking about you this weekend and saying some prayers for you and Richard.
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Precious words from a woman with a beautiful heart.
I think the fact that you have this outlook shows that you have an amazing heart and an amazing faith. Thank you for sharing.
What a beautiful post. You made me cry.
Hi Kori ~ what a wonderful post. Truly spoken from the heart. It brought tears to my eyes.
I just read what happened to Jacob and I can't believe those boys did that to him. I hope he's feeling better. And can't say that I blame him for not wanting to go back to church.
Hugz,
Michele
this is very beautiful - It reminded me of Isaiah 61:7 "Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs."
May you be blessed with a double portion of HIS abundance!
As always prayers to y'all!
Beautiful post.
Sigh.
That was beautiful. He hears you, and He is faithful. Many hugs.
You are a gift. That's all I can. A true gift. What a witness you are to so many people, believers and unbelievers alike. You are blessed and will continue to be blessed.
I think it does take courage and faith to change the way you pray, from asking God to thanking God.
You are awesome, Kori!
xoxo
Kori - that was beautiful. That's all I can say.
Beautiful. I'm not super religions, but this was nice.
I haven't been here for awhile. Sometimes real life gets in the way of my blogging addiction, you know?
However, I am so glad I stopped in today. How much wisdom and grace you have! As in the Scripture you quoted, the Lord does hear you. And you know that if He hears you, He will answer.
"According to your faith be it unto you." (Matthew 9:29)
Post a Comment