Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Take a Moment

The picture above is of Duane and Becky Summers. I don't know either one of them personally but I have said their names many times in my prayers.


Becky and I share alot of things, knowing the Love of Christ, strength when we think we have none, amazing children. The one thing that I wish we didn't share is the fact that both of our husbands have Stage 4 colon cancer. Becky and I have exchanged emails, encouraged one another and have commented on one anothers blogs over the past month or so. She truly is wonderful and I am glad to have her in my life.

Her Husband, her Superman has been battling his cancer for a little more than a year now. He lost that battle yesterday after giving it a good fight.
Duane and Becky have 7 amazing, beautiful, extraordinary children. They have lost their Daddy, their Hero.

So please go here and here. Read their remarkable story and lift them up.

The Summers Family Fund has been established to help this wonderful family with the trials ahead. If anyone would like to help please inquire at any Bank of Oklahoma or mail donations directly to:

The Summers Family Fund
Bank of Oklahoma
PO Box 2300
Tulsa, OK 74192

25 comments:

Avery Tales said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for her and her beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

Oh this breaks my heart...I will be sure to visit!

BBB said...

I think I wandered over to her site from yours the other day and read a good chunk of her blog. I'm so sorry...

And I want to hug YOU, really badly.

Betty said...

Thank you for telling us about them. I will be heading over there to give them my sympathy. Sometime it´s just so hard to understand God´s ways with us!

Tracy said...

Ohhhh I hate to read this, it breaks my heart also.......
I'll go check out her page.


:-(

Jane In The Jungle said...

Thanks Kori,
I'll put them on our prayer list.

Julie said...

Kori, thanks for sharing. I am praying right now (and crying) for this family.

Michelle said...

Sending prayers and will visit their site.

KimmyJ said...

Hugs to everyone. So sorry for this family. Prayers ascending!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.....they are a beautiful family!!! I will keep them in my prayers!

Brandy said...

That brought tears to my eyes. I will keep them in my prayers today.

Nicole said...

This is heartbreaking!

Shannon said...

I am so sorry for this family.

I'm with Lizzy... I'm sending you a big ol' hug right now...

Lula! said...

Oh, Kori...

Thanks for posting this.

And I love you bunches.

Melissa said...

I'm speechless. I hate that. I want to say the right thing and I feel totally speechless.

I'm praying for her family and I'm praying for yours.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am so sorry. I am sure that their story was one that you really connected with...and one that is making your day a little more difficult. Okay...maybe a lot more. I hope that cyber {{hugs}} will work for now...

Jennifer said...

i'm here from angie's blog. and i'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. :(

i'm on my way to thier blogs... and i'm saying prayers for you and your family and for their family as well.

xoxoxo HUGS!!

Rhea said...

Oh, man. That's just heartbreaking. I can't imagine what their family must be going through. And seven kids. Wow.

jewelstreet said...

I will keep them and your family in my prayers. My dad had colon cancer so I can sympathize with what you all are going through.

Susie said...

Ohhhh, that is horrible. I am going to head over there right now and send her good thoughts.

Emily said...

I am at a loss for words. I just hope that God wraps his arms around them so, SO tight and they can have a tiny bit of peace.
Thank you for sending the information.
God Bless every single one of them.

Becky said...

Thank you so deeply. I have angels seen and unseen all around me and my seven super summers.

I took a brief moment to escape from reality. Thank you all for the lift!

Doran & Jody said...

It is a reminder how we must all not take one moment for granted. I will make sure my family knows that I love them TONIGHT!!!

Good luck with your trials as well.

I visited their site and left a message. Thanks for letting us send our prayers.

Ann Harrison said...

Kori,
Thank you for sharing this families story. I will go to the sites.

Debbie said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Alas, he is healed and walking right into the arms of the Lord. Amen.