Thursday, November 20, 2008

Q & A Part 2

****** Ok let me just say that I have tried upteen times to fix my font and the spacing. Blogger will not let me fix it the way I want it. I do it and then it post only like this. I'm sorry guys I know it's all screwy looking.*********
Ok so here is Part 2. I'm afraid this section will be longer than the last. Enjoy!

Mere over at The Babblings of Mere wanted to know:

If you could have any prayer answered what would it be? (big or small)
For my boys to grow up and always have their father here in the flesh not only in their memories.

What's behind your unique (and MARVELOUS) way you spell your name?!
My parents were kind of Hippie-ish back in the day and they wanted something a little different.

CJ over at The Purple Diva asked:
What colors do you use to decorate for Christmas with?
Primary colors mostly.


Colored or white lights on the tree?
Colored, the boys like those better.


What store would you pick Christmas decoration from if money were not object? Gee I don't know. I really would like to have all the ornaments from the Wizard of Oz. So I'm gonna say Hallmark.


What does CFers stand for?
Richard has Cystic Fibrosis a chronic lung disease for more infor go here. Therefore a lot of Cystic Fibrosis patients refer to themselves as having CF. And in turn I am a Cystic Fibrosis patients wife so I am a CFers wife. (Geez I hope that makes sense.)


Have you ever colored your hair?
Yes a few times.


What's your favorite past time before coming a mom?
I had the boys at such a young age and pretty close together I didn't really have a past time.


If you could visit anywhere for the Christmas holidays, where would you go and why?
California, because Richard wants so badly to go there and meet his Brother and Sister and their families that he hasn't got to meet yet.

Does Santa fill stockings at your house?
Of course he does.
If so, what does he put in them?
Mainly the boys get things in their stocking. Richard and I don't buy for each other to cut out costs however the boys do make us letters every year and put them in ours. The boys are really different so Calob is happy with Hot wheel cars, and little men and things. Jacob usually gets an itunes card, a DVD, small cans of Axe spray things like that.

What's on the top of your Christmas tree?
A bow is on top and then I have little bows stuck in between going all the way around and down my tree. I worked 4 years at a Florist and I can make some pretty awesome bows.


What's the best holiday memory you have?
Last year we got the boys a Wii. And they were so excited jumping up and down running around the house screaming. It was the best.

If you could live just one day as someone else, who would you choose, and why?Bill Gates, simply because I can't even imagine having that amount of money at my disposal. And hopefully for that day I could come up with some sort of plan for our economy.


Where is one place you'd like to visit?
Oh I want to go lots of places. Italy, Ireland, and Hawaii just to name a few.


What's your specialty in the kitchen?
The boys would say my frozen Pistachio Cookies, Richard would say my Million Dollar pound cake and Kimberlee would say my Mac & Cheese. I would say everything.

How's that?
Because I always add a little love to it.


Elizabeth, Beth, Lizzy, Pumpkin over at Journey to the Hot Tub asked:
Where should we get jobs in Atlanta?
You mean we have to work?


Should we get houses right next door to each other or just look for a duplex?
I say we get Kat to have a Duplex built for us in her backyard. I mean it is big enough and we'll be right by the little creek. Oh it will be lovely.
Should we just rotate (with Kat) cooking supper?
I don't know she does like to cook you know. I suppose we could rotate between Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on a week to week basis.


Which grocery store are we going to shop at?
There's that Kroger's right there close by. That works for me. or we could just let Michael do all of our shopping since he is soooo thrifty.


What kind of church should we look for?
One that preaches the TRUTH.


Will we wear matching clothes?
Of course we will. Except for our socks. And we will so accessorize our outfits with lots of plaid.


Tara over at Our Princess in Pigtails was wondering:
What is the meaning behind your tattoo on your foot?
Well as you can tell from the pictures it is an eclipse. The moon represents all the years I spent my life living in the dark. The Sun represents my life now living in the Light of Jesus. I want my light to shine for all to see that he saved me from myself.

(see John's tattoo on his head... OUCH)


2 and 1/2 hours of sitting their getting tattooed I still think it was worth it and besides

It's sooooo AWESOME!



Did it hurt?
Absolutely it hurt. In the picture below I was praying for it to be over.

This is a picture my friend Linda took of my white knuckles. I held on to the chair the whole time.


And would you recommend it to someone else who is wanting another one but is afraid of it hurting to bad to finish it?
I would. I want another one so bad I can't stand it. But according to some people *you know who you are* after the first of the year I think we will be hopefully all going to get one.


Toilet paper....over or under?
Over
If you could pick one place in the US to live where would it be?
I'm gonna say just outside of Atlanta. so that way I could live there with all it's awesome-ness and not have to deal with the traffic. It's really pretty there.

Favorite Movie of all time?Wizard of Oz. It has always been my favorite ever since I was a little girl I have loved this movie.

Favorite Book (besides the bible)?
Last year for Christmas Kimberlee got me the Centennial Edition of The Annotated Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. It is amazing. It tells all the history of the Wizard of Oz and has pictures and everything. It rocks!

Coffee or Tea?I drink Coffee a lot during the morning and early afternoon. But I like sweet iced tea any other time.

Do you ever leave the house without makeup?
Very rarely. But I do have my moments yes.
Do you wash your dishes before your dishwasher does?
I don't own a dishwasher so all my dishes get hand washed in really hot water with lots of Antibacterial Dish soap.
Do you like your cereal soggy or crunchy?
I loathe anything soggy or mushy. I eat my cereal crunchy and when I make myself a bowl I don't even bother to put the milk back in the fridge because that is valuable cereal crunch time. I take no chances in letting it get soggy.
Sleep in or get up and go?
I get up early everyday. I do hit the snooze a few times but I'm just laying there awake. And on the weekends I am usually up by 8Am at the latest.I would say I'm a get up and goer.


Warm weather or cold weather?Warmer weather than freezing.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked at a florist too!!!!!

We are SO meant to be friends!!

Althought admittedly--the wizard of oz and those freakin monkeys scared the crap outta me when I was little. I have never seen the whole way through!! (I know, I know!)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Heck yes warm weather.

And, I'm so glad you are fond of the ATL.

That tattoo hurts me just looking at it...but it is pretty cool.

I'm with Mrs de Miranda...not a fan of the wizard of oz, either.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Love Wizard of Oz and always have!
I laugh at my hubby who is still spooked by the monkeys.

I love Atlanta, it was my playground growing up, sigh....

LarryG said...

thank you sharing!!!

Tam said...

I have Wizard of OZ ornaments on my TREE. I use to Work Part Time at a Hallmark in my UMMM twentys..LOL Great answers! GREAT QUESTIONS!

Yeah I am the TAT is cool and all but I could never ever stand the pain. My Cousin's Husband owns a TAT palour at home in Virginia and they roll in the MONEY and have appointments BOOKED MONTHS in ADVANCE. I could easily get ONE but UMMMM not going to because I am a big big scaredy CAT...meow!

Britt said...

I *love* your tattoo!! Especially with the backstory. So cool!

Hubs and I are hoping to get our first ones together sometime .. we just can't seem to figure out what we want. Ho Hum :o)

feather k said...

great tattoo pics! I just recently got my first one...but you're brave to get it on your foot! I love that you have such great meaning behind yours also!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love that you and Lizzie are going to build a duplex in my back yard. Think we can keep it secret from the HOA?

I love the pictures of you getting the tattoo. I want a nose ring. I haven't done it because of the pain...

MarciaBrady said...

Great answers.

I would totally love to go to Ireland, Italy & Hawaii. I often think if I ever get married, I would have a hard time deciding which one for a honeymoon. That is, of course, if I had the money to choose!

So, have you seen Wicked yet? I haven't, but think it would be awesome!!

I've always wanted to get a tattoo, but of course I never have. I think it's b/c my father would probably flip out! I had gotten an earring on my upper part of the ear, and he flipped about that. And, yes, I know I'm a grown adult! haha

Shannon said...

I didn't know you had a tattoo! I like it... I don't know if I could get one. Don't have a high tolerance for pain. And I have no idea what I would get...

Kimberlee said...

OMG!!!! I am soooo all up in that post!!!! Yeah I made the blog!!! Bam yep I went there!! Just be expecting something extra special for chrima!! And after the first of the year tatts are on baby!!! Im ready for number 4!!!!!!!!!! Ok see you in the morning!! Love you!!!

Susie said...

LOL, I love your Atlanta plans....

Rachel Ann said...

Great answers...

1. I LOVE Atlanta...lived in Columbus for 2 years and it was GREAT.

2. I LOVE the WIZ..."I'll get you and your little dog too..." and flying monkeys? They're the best!

3. Definitely need warmer weather!

4. Tattoos....Have one...thinking about another...the idea of what I want is what is keeping me from going forward...not the pain! I need a good idea.


Have a great weekend!

Brandy said...

Awesome tattoo...and the meaning behind it is even better. I love that your friend captured the white knuckles...they do hurt like crap.

So why do I keep going back? Insanity.

Betty said...

Nice to get to know you more. Very interesting.

BBB said...

*sigh* I can't wait til we live in Atlanta.. we're going to ROCK that place.

i didn't know about your oz love... I'll have to remember that.

If my faucet started giving money, i'd have you on the next plane to Orlando.

MaricrisG said...

I like the part where you say, you want your kids to grown up with their father beside them and not in their memories! I so wish that was true with mine but alas! He's no longer of the flesh.

Lula! said...

I feel as if I know so much more about you...

And I loved your answer to the church question..."one that preaches the TRUTH." Amen, sister. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo to tattoos!!!!

Memory of boys getting a wii sounds priceless!!

Melissa said...

You're such an awesome question answer-er...:)

Your cereal answer cracks me up. You don't even put the cereal back in the fridge? I love my cereal soggy. Isn't it funny how we are all different? You're my hero...:)

Love you, Kori with a K.

Rhea said...

That's an awesome tattoo. I want one. I don't know where I want it or what I want one of, but I want one.

Nice Q&A session!

That's awesome you love the Wizard of Oz. Did you read all the other books in the series when you were younger? Like the ones about Ozma and such? I did and really liked them. I'm reading Wicked for the first time right now.

Frizzy said...

What a fun idea! I haven't seen ya in a while and am happy to have found you again. Had some blog trouble a few weeks back and lost a lot of info and also couldn't receive any comment love. ;( Lucky for me it was fixed in time for my big surprise SITS day. Thanks for coming by and commenting. I hope you'll come back again.

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm really sad reading that Richard would like to visit his brother and sister in California. I really wish, that would come true.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Wow, i've been gone a while, but I haven't forgotten about you! :-)
Thanks so much for answering all of my questions! I have read all the way down to this part, I know I should have started where I left off...but anyway, I have enjoyed reading all I have read and getting to know you a little more.
And you work or worked sorry forgot at a florist and you know how to make bows! that's so AWESOME!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us! It was fabolous getting to know more about you.
Off to read more! ♥

Erika Jean said...

ah! your tat looks like it hurt! but it is very pretty!! I have a swan on my neck in black and i felt like i was gonna die it hurt so bad!!! haha